Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Adobe Premiere, Anybody know this program?
Raven 
Posted: 02-May-2004, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

I just got a new PC and my Premier 6.0 is not capturing properly. The audio is fine but the video act like it is dropping frames.

I tried the windows capture program and it seems to do just fine but I really need to be able to capture straigt in to Adobe.

I have a 3 ghz P4 running XP 1 gig of 400mhz Ram soon to be 2 gig 800mhz front buss plus I had the same program loaded on my lap top and it worked just fine so I know it is not a processor issue.

I'm pretty sure that I am just overlooking a capture setting and I wanted to see if anyone else had run into this problem before I start doing the uninstall reinstall thing.

THanks

Mikel

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I need a class for dopes! I just got Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop album to manage my digital photos. I just cannot figure this program out. Is there a Adobe Book for dummies out there?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-May-2004, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Adobe Photoshop is for refining your photos. You can use it to crop the piece of hand that got into the picture, remove the red eye, and lighten or darken the background. It'll also work on images that you download from the Internet. My avatar, for example, is from one of the movie posters from The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I just cropped it and spiffed it up using Photoshop.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

But, but..........is there a book for dummies? I cant' figure out where to start! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I try to open up file and then open and enter an image and nothing happens! sad.gif Do I need to go to the book store and find a book on this program?
MDF3530 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that the nearest bookstore or computer store has either "Photoshop For Dummies" or "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Photoshop".
gettin-away 
Posted: 03-May-2004, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

Check out the help button also. I use Photoshop quite a bit and I find most of the anwers I need there. There is also Adobe online that you can get to through the help button. Once you get the hang of it you'll find all kinds of fun things you can do. The picture below is one I "doctored" to include my brother. He's the one on the left. Can you guess the movie and who the guy on the right is?

gettin-away

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
Raven 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

I must have had a senior moment. I could have sworn that I posted Adobe Premier anyone know this program unsure.gif

I know Photo Shop like the back of my hand and yes their are dummies books for it. There is also a video tutorial that is very helpful and I would be glad to answer any questions that you have on this program Rose.

Peace

Mikel
tsargent62 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

QUOTE (gettin-away @ May 3 2004, 08:28 PM)
Check out the help button also. I use Photoshop quite a bit and I find most of the anwers I need there. There is also Adobe online that you can get to through the help button. Once you get the hang of it you'll find all kinds of fun things you can do. The picture below is one I "doctored" to include my brother. He's the one on the left. Can you guess the movie and who the guy on the right is?

gettin-away

Can't remember the name of the movie, but I believe that's Anthony Hopkins on the right.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
gettin-away 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

tsargent62 Posted on May 4 2004, 10:25 AM

gettin-away 

Can't remember the name of the movie, but I believe that's Anthony Hopkins on the right. 

Very good!! The bear is Bart and the movie is "The Edge."

My brother has this picture hanging in his office. He gets a lot of comments.

Mike
I also have premiere 6.0 but I haven't had the opportunity to use it more then a couple of times on my home computer. I had to play around some before I could capture with it, but it's been a while. Wish I could give you more help. Use to work the media room at the Church I attended. We used it there. But I changed Churches. Have the program at home but don't have the time to use it right now.

gettin-away
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-May-2004, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Raven @ May 4 2004, 10:04 AM)
I must have had a senior moment.  I could have sworn that I posted Adobe Premier anyone know this program unsure.gif

I know Photo Shop like the back of my hand and yes their are dummies books for it.  There is also a video tutorial that is very helpful and I would be glad to answer any questions that you have on this program Rose.

Peace

Mikel

Raven! I talked to a friend of mine who is a major computer tech! He told me about an instruction book that was being sold on eBay and so I bought it...........for $5.00! I hope it will really help me cause I sure an a dummie when it comes to this program! unsure.gif

Thanks so much for your help, Raven. Hopefully I won't have to bother you but if I do, it is nice to know I can.
Raven 
Posted: 05-May-2004, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (gettin-away @ May 4 2004, 09:15 PM)
tsargent62 Posted on May 4 2004, 10:25 AM

gettin-away 

Very good!! The bear is Bart and the movie is "The Edge."

My brother has this picture hanging in his office. He gets a lot of comments.

Mike
I also have premiere 6.0 but I haven't had the opportunity to use it more then a couple of times on my home computer. I had to play around some before I could capture with it, but it's been a while. Wish I could give you more help. Use to work the media room at the Church I attended. We used it there. But I changed Churches. Have the program at home but don't have the time to use it right now.

gettin-away

Thanks G

I think I am going to just have to bite the bullet and try a reinstall. Like I said before my laptop captures fine with it and it is the same everything from my desktop only less. It may very well be some sort of weird video card issue.

Peace

Mikel
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]