Taliesin's Journal

Index -> Journal-> Like I needed another addiction!

Journal Entry

Add Entry   

Like I needed another addiction!
Posted by Taliesin on May 4th, 2005 5:13 PM
My time has been eaten up lately, it seems, by so many things. That's why I have been absent for so long from these boards and journals. I missed it. smile.gif

First, there's my wife. I have been married for almost 2 years, and LOVE IT! I am married to the most wonderful woman I have ever met, and I look forward to the years I will get to spend with her. As a result, I willingly spend a lot of my time with her, and I probably don't spend enough!!! smile.gif

Second, work. Work is not my favorite thing to do, but I do enjoy it. Liking what you do for work is a good thing, definitely, though I am getting to the point where I could really use a vacation. smile.gif

Finally, my other love....Video Games. I'm 27, and my parents had hoped that I would have grown out of this by now, but I don't think it's going to happen...sorry ma! smile.gif Lately, my video game time has coalesced into one video game. (1 game to rule them all, 1 game to find them all, 1 game to bring them all, and on the Internet bind them.) The game is Matrix Online.

Since the Matrix movies were released, there has been a lot of talk about making some video games. First was Enter the Matrix, which was a cool game with some cool combat and such. However, its weakness lay in the fact that it was entirely linear. No choice in the matter...first you do this, then you do this, etc.

The Matrix Online is completely non-linear. You start out as someone who has just been awakened from the Matrix. From here you can do your first missions from the Humans, or Zion. After you do some missions, you will get a chance to do missions for the other organizations in the game, the Machines or the Exiles. The story of the Matrix will continue in this game via live events, where a group of people are actually going to play characters from the movie. Morpheus, Niobe, Seraph, the Oracle....they're all here.

What is so addicting about this game is that you can do almost anything in it. You can interact with other player just talking, dancing, kissing, hugging...whatever you want to do. You can walk around fighting the Exile gang members that populate the game world. You can do missions to advance the storyline...you can actually take part in the storyline. Players have met Morpheus, etc.

The game is a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing where the writers of the Matrix Online will take the story. I look forward to the time when I am a high enough level to be a major player in the game. Should be fun.

-Chris

Please post your comments below.

Add Entry   

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!