UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

I am getting subscription notifications of new posted emails but nothing new is showing up in the topic???

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 12-Jun-2008, 08:40 PM)
I'm not sure if 64 posts where lost. Could you describe the posts, the issue is only effecting the topic table, no posts have been lost so we can recreate which we have done.

We had a bit of weirdness on our server, seems strange it happened at the same time some major security updates happened on our radio server. We also did a few more things today that we should have done yesterday. Please, if this happens send an email to us right away. Killian will be monitoring all day tomorrow.

No worries, we have plenty of backups and are running nightly backups of all data and programs. We also have remote backups too!

Could you let us know when you go to the dentist again? Not sure if that had something to do with it! biggrin.gif

Hi Paul, I did not say we lost 64 posts in the topic " The war of 1812", I said we lost some we had 64 and now we are down to 33 which is impossible because it seems that all of the posts after june 5th are losts and we did quite a lot of posting after that.
All of UlsterScottNutt are not there and Camac response to them as well as mine.
And there was one from DesertRose as well who said that she enjoy reading about our topic and the last one that I posted myself which was addressed to Ulster.

As for you Camac, I did answer your posts in regards of your Mommy and lollipop and as I see it strangely disapeared as well....and no you got no sympathy from me. smile.gif Man....

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
250,583 Gold!

Thanks for everyones help. Please keep posting problems here and we will evaluate.

I think for the most part, we are not seeing severe issues and that our database rebuild was successful with minimal loss in data.

Going forward we are running nightly DB backups.

We are going to do some testing this weekend to determine if the topic tables has been really fixed this time!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

A strange little thing is happening that I dont know if its my computer of the site -- the apostrophe is opening a little search window in the lower left of the screen instead of typing an apostrophe.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 13-Jun-2008, 05:29 AM)
Posted on What are you doing right now... and it accepted my reply but the post and several of the last pages are missing.

Posts that are accepted but not "shown" actually appear on the add reply page under the reply box as last replies. They just do not show up on the topic subject pages. Hope this makes sense.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Jun-2008, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 13-Jun-2008, 05:36 PM)
Posts that are accepted but not "shown" actually appear on the add reply page under the reply box as last replies. They just do not show up on the topic subject pages. Hope this makes sense.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

OK, now it worked.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 02:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
250,583 Gold!

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 13-Jun-2008, 10:07 PM)
A strange little thing is happening that I dont know if its my computer of the site -- the apostrophe is opening a little search window in the lower left of the screen instead of typing an apostrophe.

Does not seem like a virus, but perhaps a hijack. I would definitely run some virus scan or perhaps a spyware remover.

MS Defender is a free utility if you have windows XP or vista that might do the job.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 02:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
250,583 Gold!

So far, so good. I detected a little bit of a performance increase in the new build.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hi Paul,

I went to the "Historical Archives" and in the topic "The War of 1812" I did what Patch suggested for me to do if I wanted to see the last posts.
I clicked the button "reply" and I saw the last 10 posts that I thought were losts but there was at least 10 previous that I still cannot see.

Which I know they are missing because there are ones from me that I answered to members and they are not there.
So if we are able to see the last 10 by clicking the "reply" button but is there any other way to see what's in between?

Thanks for all your effort Paul. thumbs_up.gif LOA
PM My Photo Album               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Thanks Patch, didn't think to do that, duh. at least we see the last posts by looking below our current reply. There are still issues with them showing up on the topic forum for all the public to see unless you reply and read them
My Lady, Yes, we are missing lots of posts in between.
I am using my sons custom, King Kong on steroids computer at home with more anti softwares than NASA and still same glitches as on my work computer.

Off I go, he needs to design some CAD parts.

Best regards,
USN
Patch 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I noticed that "what is the price of gasoline" is not adding posts yet

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

It appears that anything that was posted after June 6, up to the time of the crash, has been lost. I haven't checked all the threads but it does seem to be a pattern.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 14-Jun-2008, 03:44 AM)
Thanks Patch, didn't think to do that, duh. at least we see the last posts by looking below our current reply. There are still issues with them showing up on the topic forum for all the public to see unless you reply and read them
My Lady, Yes, we are missing lots of posts in between.
I am using my sons custom, King Kong on steroids computer at home with more anti softwares than NASA and still same glitches as on my work computer.

Off I go, he needs to design some CAD parts.

Best regards,
USN

If the Chinese can "hack" into the Capitol computers, there isn't much hope for the rest of us. I have some pretty sophisticated protection and still occasionally something slips by. I get a warning and I disable the net. A scan usually turns up a mid level info cookie.

As money gets tight it seems people come up with more scams. Too much idle time creates problems in a few people too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Also, "what are you doing right now" is not posting replies.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 14-Jun-2008, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,207 Gold!

I tried to post in recipes, but it showed an error and said the topic was locked. I wanted to answer Shadow's question about wasting server space, so I'll say it here and hope he sees it.

Shadows, even if no one is posting that doesn't mean folks aren't consulting the recipes for that "just right dish". Whether active or as a reference, the food section is an invaluble resource.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]