Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Has anyone seen 'Big Fish' yet?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 27-Jan-2004, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Siusaidh Blues @ Jan 27 2004, 12:05 PM)
Wonderful movie! We got it on DVD as soon as it came out..

My Son just picked it up last night and we had to watch it. lol.gif We even watched the out takes.

I am not a big Jim Carey fan but the last couple of movies he did I thought were hilarious. lol.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
kidclaymore 
Posted: 31-Jan-2004, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

THE BLACK KNIGHT
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: North East Texas

male

Has anyone saw the new remake of Dune? It goes into more detail than the original and the special effects are better also. I am watching the children of Dune now, there three episodes and Its about 6 hours long. So far its pretty good.

--------------------
Slainte
Cho Sona ri radan ann am muileann and Gus an coinnich sinn a rithisd
Clan Lamont
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

(alarm bell ringing)

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

RETREAD alert! RETREAD alert!

I was just looking at movie trailers on Apple's QuickTime site Apple.com-QuickTime, and clicked on one marked Johnson Family Vacation. From what I saw in the trailer, it looked like a badly retreaded version of this classic comedy:

National Lampoon's Vacation.

DANGER, WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

This post has been edited by MDF3530 on 07-Feb-2004, 09:50 PM

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I watched a rather interesting movie last night and today. And Yes, I did say twice. But that was to hopefully see if I could get the concept of the film.

It was "Punch-Drunk Love" with Adam Sandler and Emily Watson.

A Warning to anyone who wants to see it. Do not expect your typical Adam Sandler Movie because it is not there.

In my opinion, the jury is still out on whether it is a good movie or not. Just really different. unsure.gif

In my Wife's opinion, it is boring! She said that "it is one of those movies that you have to watch to the end hoping it would get better."
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Richard! What was different about Punch Drunk Love? I am not a big Adam Sandler fan but I loved him in Anger Management so much that I bought the movie.
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Feb 7 2004, 11:52 PM)
Hi Richard! What was different about Punch Drunk Love? I am not a big Adam Sandler fan but I loved him in Anger Management so much that I bought the movie.

To tell you the truth, I did not really see any humor in it at all. Maybe it wasn't suppose to. unsure.gif It was more of a Drama that moved very slow. It is very hard to describe. Just bizarre.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Feb-2004, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Many thanks for telling me, Richard. I felt that way about Bruce Almighty. I don't know why. I was not offended at all by the movie, but just didn't find it funny. I was rather bored by the film. I guess I have high expectations of comedy films. unsure.gif
Dreamer1 
Posted: 16-Feb-2004, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

We've been talking about taking the girls to see RoTK, but still haven't made it. I don't even know if it's still showing here, but I hope so. They've seen "Fellowship" and "Two Towers", and would like to see the "Return". It's just been so busy! Also, RoTK veers away from the Book in so many places (read "the writers inserted some major fantasies of their own that went wayyyy off into the woods!!") that we're not sure if we want to see the movie again just yet. I can handle a bit of judicious editing and re-writing, but that was a lot of changes! I'm most upset about the way it denegrates Arwen! Never, ever,ever(!!) did she even consider leaving Aragorn to stay with her people, never, ever did her love for him waver even the slightest, and never,ever was her lifeforce bound into the outcome of the Quest to destroy the Ring!! Where in Heaven's name did they get any of those ideas?? Also, Sam never, ever,ever left Frodo's side because of any argument-let alone begin to head back towards home without Frodo! The only time they were seperated was when Sam thought Frodo had been killed by Shelob, and then Sam was only out of sight for a few yards before turning back to protect Frodo's "body" from the orcs. There were some other bones of contention, but those are the major points.

Sooo, we may not make it to RoTK with the girls. They may have to wait until it's released onto DVD.

(Stepping off my very high soapbox again now. Thanks for letting me spout. I feel better! angel_not.gif )

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 16-Feb-2004, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Actually Dreamer get back up on your soapbox girl. I haven't had time to read the 3rd book so your telling me all of the things they did got me more interested in catching up on my reading.

Today I stayed home this afternoon and caught up on the laundry after my trip to NC and watched my "happy thoughts movie" The Sound of Music! It always makes me smile and I am crocheting a baby blanket for my first grandchild when ever they get pregnant which I'm hoping soon. I'm slow so I started ahead of time. My son called this afternoon and we were chatting about his brother's wedding in June and he said there may be a chance that we have "Launch" in the grandchild department. Too early to say for sure but I told him to give it another 2 weeks before doing a pregnancy test. Gosh if it's correct this is going to give me an attitude adjustment.
Oh my, I'm too young to be a grandmother right? Please oh please oh please say I'm too young.
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 16-Feb-2004, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 16 2004, 11:38 PM)
Oh my, I'm too young to be a grandmother right? Please oh please oh please say I'm too young.
Annabelle

Yes Sis, Your way to young to be a Grandmother. rolleyes.gif At the ripe old age of 19, you are barely old enough to be a Mother. lol.gif Now me, I am getting ready to have our third grandchild. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Shamalama 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

My wife bought me the DVD of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" for Valentine's Day. The cast includes:

Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jonathan Winters, Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson, Jim Backus, William Demarest, Andy Devine, Peter Falk, Norman Fell, Sterling Holloway, Edward Everett Horton, Buster Keaton, Don Knotts, Carl Reiner, The Three Stooges, Jimmy Durante, Jack Benny, Jerry Lewis, and others.

IMHO the finest comedy ever filmed.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (shamalama @ Feb 17 2004, 10:54 AM)
My wife bought me the DVD of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" for Valentine's Day. The cast includes:

IMHO the finest comedy ever filmed.

Shamalama! This is my hubby's and my favorite comedy film too! You just can't get better than that! thumbs_up.gif
Dreamer1 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 16 2004, 11:38 PM)
Actually Dreamer get back up on your soapbox girl. I haven't had time to read the 3rd book so your telling me all of the things they did got me more interested in catching up on my reading.

Today I stayed home this afternoon and caught up on the laundry after my trip to NC and watched my "happy thoughts movie"  The Sound of Music! It always makes me smile and I am crocheting a baby blanket for my first grandchild when ever they get pregnant which I'm hoping soon. I'm slow so I started ahead of time. My son called this afternoon and we were chatting about his brother's wedding in June and he said there may be a chance that we have "Launch" in the grandchild department. Too early to say for sure but I told him to give it another 2 weeks before doing a pregnancy test. Gosh if it's correct this is going to give me an attitude adjustment.
Annabelle

Annabelle,

Of course you're too young!!! laugh.gif You just got your own kids out the door!

(At least, if it does come to pass, you'll be young for a very long time yet, and have lots of time to spend with grandkids.) You did say that wonderful house you're building will have lots of spare rooms, didn't you!!? OMG!

Dreamer1

P.S. By the way, please, please read the book! It's so much better, and there's another romance that develops that they completely ignored in the movie!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 18-Feb-2004, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Wasn't "Rat Race" basically a remake of "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" ?

I liked everyone in "Rat Race" except for Rowan Atkinson. My parents think he's funny. I think not. His best role was as Zazu the dodo bird in "The Lion King".
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]