Posted: 17-Aug-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Hi -

I just picked up the CD titled Maire by Maire Brennan because I fell in love with the song Jealous Heart. I can say I really like this cd...it has a sort of Enya feel to it. She wrote almost every song on her CD and plays the harp, piano and keyboards as well. So if you like that song as well (and I've requested it enough times...) you will most likely like the cd, it has 10 tracks on it. Or if you like Enya you will probably like it too. I just wanted to chime in on this good buy cd!!

Ta ta!
amy smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Eamon 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Amy,

Enya and Maire are sisters. Their dad, Leo, has a tavern in Crolly, where I just spent a few days. Met their brother, who is doing quite well in the pub. Clannad (Maire's band), Enya and Maire's gold and Platinum records adorn the walls. Get the fried Haddock. Its fab.

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Ach...Eamon...that certain explains that doesn't it??? rolleyes.gif How wonderful to have such a darn musical family eh? I guess I'll do a little more research on the two sisters then!

I play the cd in my younger children's room when they are going to bed, it is calming and they (and me too) need it!!

Welp - I better ask how your visit was...and how long you got to visit...always love to swap stories...but thanks for the helpful insight...I should have figured with the names....dah...

Amy smile.gif
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi Amy! Maire has a total of five solo cds. Maire is just the first. The first, second and fifth are Celtic, while the third and fourth are Celtic Christian.

1. Marie
2. Misty Eyed Adventures
3. Perfect Time
4. Whisper to the Wild Water
5. Two Horizons

In my humble opinion, all 5 are excellent.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
ArizonaAmy9 
  Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Wizard...that is very helpful...I just fell in love with Jealous Heart and after requesting it...basically everytime I was on CR...I thought I better just get the cd...and I am glad I did!

My kids don't even realize that it is on in their room when they go to bed...but it helps calm and relax them...and being a kid is pretty stressful (as you probably know!)

Now I'll look around for the others...I got that one at Barnes & Noble...always up for a good cd!

Thanks for the info!
Eamon 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Amy,

It was a good time. Too quick, though. Flew into Dublin, drove down to Wexford to spend a few days with friends in Blackwater, than all the way up to Crolly, near Gweedore in Donegal. Worked on my Irish, and tried to drink Bartley Brennan's (Enya's brother) tavern dry. Unsuccessfully, might I add. Drove all around Donegal, climbed Muckish Mountain, watched France beat Ireland in the World Cup qualifier in Leo's. Grand time.

Headed back to Wexford via Strabane, Omagh, Monaghan...spent the night in Ardee in Louth, which I had passed through on a previous trip and wanted to spend the night. Back to Wexford for a day, then back to Dublin and home. I am ready to go back already.

Here is the cottage I stayed at...it is RIGHT across the street from Leo's...it is for sale now...the nice lady that owns it is having problems renting it out.

http://www.donegalcottageholidays.com/gortin/

I might post some pix's when I get around to downloading them from my camera.

Slan

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Nice cottage and pub. thumbs_up.gif Couldn't ask for anything better than that. Only bad part for you, you had to cross the road and the Irish drive very fast and may not see you crossing or in some cases, crawling. laugh.gif

When I stayed in Shrule, my cousins house was next to the family owned pub, basically out one door and in another. No car required.
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 15-Sep-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Ohh...I just looked at the cottage and am VERY jealous!! I'd like to go to Ireland and IOM as well...my wish list is getting very long! I am ready to go back to Scotland though...what a wonderful time you must have had!!
Eamon 
Posted: 16-Sep-2005, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

Shrule agus Amy,

When I first was lookin to book a cottage, I had one picked out south of Dungloe...but when I asked the proprietor how close the nearest pub was, she said it was a wee drive away. WAAAAY to far for me! Gortin cottage was next to Teach Tessie (though I never made it in there) and across the street from Leo's. Perfect.

The driving over there is a challenge, especially in the north. I limit myself to a single Guinness at lunch, then park the car for the night so I can enjoy the ceol agus craic.

When I spend the night at a B+B in Ardee, the pub was one floor below me...can I pick 'em or what?tongue.gif

Slan

Eamon
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 16-Sep-2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Eamon...alright...I give it to you...you do know how to pick 'em!! How many times have you been over there? I have only been to Scotland in 2004 but I working on a return trip!! Hey if you are ever sharing pics let me know - would be happy to look and swap or whatever... or stories too!

You have a great weekend, I'll be at volleyball and soccer all weekend!

Ta!
amy smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]