Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

idiot.gif idiot.gif jawdrop.gif punk.gif

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 11-Jun-2006, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy that man a drink! thumbs_up.gif \

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 11-Jun-2006, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

biggrin.gif Although it is a favorite story, I'm sad to report that according to Snopes, it is false. Reference http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm

It's still a GREAT story, though.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 09-Jun-2006, 05:33 AM)
I like that idea!
About the star-trek style phaser to replace all that clumsy flying lead: Fine. But the phaser user has to carry heavy insurance to pay for the prosthesis and rehab of the victim, because no way is the taxpayer going to pick that up.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

A corpse needs NO rehab!

beer_mug.gif
stoirmeil 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 12-Jun-2006, 09:54 PM)
A corpse needs NO rehab!

beer_mug.gif

Oh, true enough. smile.gif The reference to phasers was made by someone who contemplated severed limbs and the benefits of the instant cauterization the ray accomplishes as one possible scenario, though, so you might have to give some of them up for saved. Once in a while.
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I was trained that if you pull on someone that I was to be ready to shoot. And if I shoot it was to kill, there is NO other reason to pull a gun. There is no 2nd chance and no going back. If that philosophy bothers anyone my appologies, but that is the way it is!

beer_mug.gif
SCShamrock 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 09:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 12-Jun-2006, 07:57 AM)
About the star-trek style phaser to replace all that clumsy flying lead: Fine. But the phaser user has to carry heavy insurance to pay for the prosthesis and rehab of the victim, because no way is the taxpayer going to pick that up.

A man that tries to steal my weed-eater and gets his arm zapped off deserves no prosthesis. He should just be thankful for the cauterizing effect and move on.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 12-Jun-2006, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 12-Jun-2006, 10:18 PM)
I was trained that if you pull on someone that I was to be ready to shoot. And if I shoot it was to kill, there is NO other reason to pull a gun. There is no 2nd chance and no going back. If that philosophy bothers anyone my appologies, but that is the way it is!

beer_mug.gif

Actually, that sounds grim but realistic. It doesn't add much to the idea of carrying a gun primarily as a deterrant, though. You might as well not have it unless you pull it, and if you pull it you will kill with it and the deterrant function is void.
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 14-Jun-2006, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 12-Jun-2006, 10:18 PM)

beer_mug.gif

I agree. That is a good enough deterrant. Any smart criminal would not mess with someone if they knew they'll get killed.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Fiddler 
Posted: 24-Jun-2006, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAsh

male

This thread has been interesting. I Detect the usual arguments for and against gun ownership. I have stated elseware that the second amendment is the primary safeguard for all the rest of our freedoms. The founding fathers understood full well that an armed society will deter governmental as well as criminal abuse. There were two primary positions debated during the forging of our constitution; the majority created the second amendment while the minority believed in government taking responsiblity for our safety.

Some of my best friends are in law enforcment, but none of them pretend to be responsible for my personal safety. They arrive well after any personal protection is needed.

Picture in your mind a late night noise coming from the front door of your house. You immediately call 911 and report an intruder coming through your front door. The 911 call starts the clock ticking. Depending where you live relative to where an officer is when he receives the call you will waite anywhere from 7 to 30 minutes. During that time you have the legal right to use deadly force to protect yourself and your family or be a statistic on a police report after the police arrive. It's that simple. This type of call happens more often than the main stream media would like you to believe. People all over this great nation defend themselves from violent criminals every day (Or night) of the year.

Training? responsiblity? absolutely!! It is no simple matter taking another persons life. There are no second chances. You must be 100% sure of what you are doing and why you are doing. What are the alternatives if you do not act to protect yourself?

Someone suggested a regional approach to personal protection. How do you determine just who is eligible for personal self defence and who is not? My home is in a rather remote area of north georgia. Am I more eligible for personal protection than someone who lives, lets say in washington DC? The second amendment applies to everyone in this nation. No exceptions!

--------------------
Support the brotherhood Everyone goes home
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 25-Jun-2006, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

What I find "interesting" about the people who argue for Gun Control is they are usually the very same people who support Liberal judges and politicians who some how find, and in the case of judges enforce, the magical and mystical "Right of Privacy" for just about any sexually related function you can think of; Abortion Rights (including the rights of minors to have abortions without notifying the very people who are responsible for everything the minor does), Partial Birth Abortion Rights, Homosexual Marriage Rights, etc.... After all, what ever happens in a womend body is her business and whatever goes on in the bedroom is no ones’ business but the individual or couple involved. But when you ask where in the Preamble, the various Articles, or the 27 Amendments to the Constitution this magical and mystical right appears the answer is invariably, "it's implied...."

Yet if any one of the people protected by this mystical and magical implied "Right of Privacy" should want to have a firearm in their bedroom to defend themselves from someone breaking into their home and murdering them then the very same judges and politicians who discovered this “Right” not only can't seem to locate it anymore, they can't even find the Second Amendment staring them straight in the face: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Am I the only one who finds this at least odd? unsure.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 25-Jun-2006, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Fiddler @ 24-Jun-2006, 04:29 PM)

Someone suggested a regional approach to personal protection. How do you determine just who is eligible for personal self defence and who is not? My home is in a rather remote area of north georgia. Am I more eligible for personal protection than someone who lives, lets say in washington DC? The second amendment applies to everyone in this nation. No exceptions!

I argee with you. The crime rate in DC is one of the highest in the nation however, to own a hand gun it practally takes a law biding citizen an act of congress in order to obtain an owners permit. But the criminals can get a gun in no time at all.
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 25-Jun-2006, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 25-Jun-2006, 06:49 AM)
What I find "interesting" about the people who argue for Gun Control is they are usually the very same people who support Liberal judges and politicians who some how find, and in the case of judges enforce, the magical and mystical "Right of Privacy" for just about any sexually related function you can think of; Abortion Rights (including the rights of minors to have abortions without notifying the very people who are responsible for everything the minor does), Partial Birth Abortion Rights, Homosexual Marriage Rights, etc.... After all, what ever happens in a womend body is her business and whatever goes on in the bedroom is no ones’ business but the individual or couple involved. But when you ask where in the Preamble, the various Articles, or the 27 Amendments to the Constitution this magical and mystical right appears the answer is invariably, "it's implied...."

Yet if any one of the people protected by this mystical and magical implied "Right of Privacy" should want to have a firearm in their bedroom to defend themselves from someone breaking into their home and murdering them then the very same judges and politicians who discovered this “Right” not only can't seem to locate it anymore, they can't even find the Second Amendment staring them straight in the face: A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Am I the only one who finds this at least odd? unsure.gif

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with everything you wrote. Talk about hipocrocy, read this

5. Dianne Feinstein (D.-Calif.) Sponsor of the much-vaunted assault-weapon ban of 1994-2004. Despite the ban's having been found to have been misdirected and irrelevant to crime, Feinstein said she wished for a stronger law, one that would say, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn [your firearms] all in." Feinstein carried a handgun for her own protection in California.

Not all liberals are bad but they sure like to point their fingers.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 25-Jun-2006, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Three things:
1. Is it just as hypocritical for proponents of the 2nd amendment to be against the"Rights to Privacy" regarding sexual acts?

2. I think there is a big difference between an assault rifle and a hand gun for use of personal protection.

3. If it is agreed that training and responsibility are improtant, should they be required for gun ownership? I'm not saying a test to be passed, simply a class attended. Should someone have to attend a class on gun safety and use and receive proof of attendance before they are allowed to own a gun? I mean, we already require a background check, why not this?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]