Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need Prayers, For helping an old dog pass over.
DianeT 
  Posted: 07-May-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

female

Bear is 12 years old, he was born on Halloween believe it or not. Lately, he has become listless and very tired. As if the moment he moves, he runs out of energy.

His brother of the same litter is still active and all that, yet he is slowing down as well, but not as badly as Bear.

What I need is a prayer, a... something.. to let my dog know it's okay to pass on. I've asked Anubis to help his soul move to Paradise once it goes into his care, but Bear is still with me. How do I let him know it's okay to go?

Then there's the other problem, Rex.. the brother.. and Bear have been inseperable. If they're out of eyesight of each other, but can hear any amount of distress, the o ther one will go nuts.
I'm afraid that if Bear passes on, Rex will soon follow of a broken heart.. or the equivalant.

If there's anyone out there who can offer advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm having enough of a complex right now knowing that the SPCA is on the other side of the city and I can't take my boy in if he shows signs of suffering too much.

Thanks for taking the time to read this at least.

--------------------
Wind to Thy Wings,
Diane
Writers don't get mad... They make you Immortal!
PMEmail Poster               
Nightchild 
Posted: 07-May-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

If I understood correctly, you want to tell your dog, that it's okay to pass on, right? But what do you need a prayer for to do so? Just tell him that you really do love him and that you would love to keep him being around, but feel he might want to leave you now, which would be okay, if that's his way now.
I've had a similar situation with a rabbit some month ago. Only in that case it was rather reassuring her, that it was okay to leave, which she had already decided to do.

As for the brother: Did you consider, that Bear might stick around, until his brother can safely come with him?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster                
DianeT 
Posted: 07-May-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

female

We just lost our beloved Bear.
PMEmail Poster               
DianeT 
Posted: 07-May-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

female

As I was writing that last message, my room mate called to me from the front room, telling me that he had passed on.

A neighbor had come home early and gave me transportation to the SPCA here in Houston, which took care of the remains for free.

I think the hardest part now, is waiting until his brother, Rex, figures out that his brother isn't going to be around anymore. They grew up together and had separation anxiety.

Hopefully Bear will find his way to Paradise and will be able to chase cute fluffy things for all time. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Nightchild 
Posted: 09-May-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm feeling with you. And I hope Bear will find his way as well as Rex will without him.
PMEmail Poster                
LordAldwyn 
Posted: 12-May-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Spring Grove, IL

male

QUOTE (DianeT @ 07-May-2011, 04:44 PM)
As I was writing that last message, my room mate called to me from the front room, telling me that he had passed on.

I think the hardest part now, is waiting until his brother, Rex, figures out that his brother isn't going to be around anymore. They grew up together and had separation anxiety.

Hopefully Bear will find his way to Paradise and will be able to chase cute fluffy things for all time. biggrin.gif

I am sorry for you loss, and will send my prayers to be with both.

--------------------
Brightest Blessings!
user posted image
Aldwyn of Taldish Castle
Laird of Chaol Gleann & Bandrum
PM               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]