Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 12-Apr-2008, 07:04 PM)
stoirmeil;

I can only answer for my self but I suspect many Cdns did so for the same reason, Adventure. Part of it was also curiosity and perhaps carrying on a tradition. I don't know. For as far back as my families can be traced there has always been soldiers.

Camac.

Camac, Boy, you really are a MacArthur !!!!!!!!!!!!::thumbsup beer_mug.gif

Nova Scotian, I learn something new everyday!!! thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 12-Apr-2008, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Rather than the "Patriot Act", it is the "Govt. Preservation Act." The president now has unrestricted authority to declare martial law. It appears some heavy armament has been moved around the country (a couple of years ago) and one piece turned up at a demonstration on the West coast. I really do not think Canada or Mexico is planning to invade us. Some sobering questionaires have allegedly gone out to our troops. I hope my fears are unfounded! I used to buy some clothing items from Scotland but the exchange rate now has nearly doubled the prices and I have to REALLY need something to order it now. Our inflation rate this year so far is double digit. I suspect the terrorist's we need to fear are more within our Govt. and not in the Middle East.

I was mad when the Canadian PM called our president a "Moron". Today, I would challenge everyone to look up the clinical description of a "Moron."

I worked in and around Govt for well over 30 years and learned that Govt. will always act to preserve its self, even at the expense of its citizens.

I have grandchildren who will have to live in this mess!

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

UlsterScotNutt;

Thanks. Actually I'm a Campbell but being adopted by and raised by the Quintesential MacArthur I guess it rubbed off. wink.gif

Camac.

UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 13-Apr-2008, 09:18 AM)
UlsterScotNutt;

Thanks. Actually I'm a Campbell but being adopted by and raised by the Quintesential MacArthur I guess it rubbed off. wink.gif

Camac.

Camac, Perhaps an adventurer on your MacArthur side and a warrior on your Campbell side. wink.gif
UlsterScotNutt
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 12-Apr-2008, 09:34 PM)

I worked in and around Govt for well over 30 years and learned that Govt. will always act to preserve its self, even at the expense of its citizens.

Slàinte,

Patch

But it is the citizens who are working the bureaucracy and are the government. Is the gov't workers culture so entrenched to self-service at the expense of their compatriot?

I had a business partner once who was as honest, generous and considerate in his private life as anyone could be. Good family man, churchgoer, civic minded and charitable across the board. In business he would just as soon, just short of lie, steal and cheat. he would change deals after the fact of the other party fulfilling their obligation, would manipulate and distort facts and figures to his benefit, was sued countless times and never paid up, a cutthroat businessman. I asked him how he could do the things he does and his response was that it was nothing personal, it was just business. he felt it was ok to act one way in his private life and another in his business life. I find this Dr.Jekyl and Mr. Hyde syndrome alot in business and it is beyond me how they do it.

We all have our primary integrity , I guess it is just how low will you go with your secondary integrity.

Yes, our children and grandchildren will be paying.
John Clements 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Rather than the "Patriot Act", it is the "Govt. Preservation Act."  The president now has unrestricted authority to declare martial law.  It appears some heavy armament has been moved around the country (a couple of years ago) and one piece turned up at a demonstration on the West coast. I really do not think Canada or Mexico is planning to invade us.  Some sobering questionaires have allegedly gone out to our troops.  I hope my fears are unfounded!  I used to buy some clothing items from Scotland but the exchange rate now has nearly doubled the prices and I have to REALLY need something to order it now. Our inflation rate this year so far  is double digit.  I suspect the terrorist's we need to fear are more within our Govt. and not in the Middle East. 

I was mad when the Canadian PM called our president a "Moron".  Today, I would challenge everyone to look up the clinical description of a "Moron." 

Slàinte,   

Patch

Hi Patch, as most of you already know. I believe that our government was behind both attacks on the World Trade Center. The first attack being the truck bomb, which didn’t succeed in bring down one of the buildings, and the second attack, of course being on 9/11, which did succeed in bring down both towers, including building seven, (which hadn’t even been hit by a plain), because this time. They had the foresight to plant demolition devices in the buildings prior to the attack on 9/11. (The irony being, that the demolition charges were planted in the buildings, under the guise of installing “anti” terror devices?)

Given that thinking I wouldn’t be at all surprised, if commercial air liners start blowing up in mid flight, as a result of explosives being planted in the plains, (under the guise of fixing some electrical problems in the plains)?

At which point, (and I hope I’m wrong). “The Bush Crime Family” can claim another terrorist attack, and then complete their master plan, of declaring martial law, so that Bush can become the dictator, that he himself has said he wants to be.

As they say. If you follow the money, you’ll find that all roads lead to 9/11!

You know you can call me anything you want, (and I’ll live with it), should my suspicions be incorrect, but if not, I would expect to be called a patriot!

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 14-Apr-2008, 11:27 AM)
Rather than the "Patriot Act", it is the "Govt. Preservation Act."  The president now has unrestricted authority to declare martial law.  It appears some heavy armament has been moved around the country (a couple of years ago) and one piece turned up at a demonstration on the West coast. I really do not think Canada or Mexico is planning to invade us.  Some sobering questionaires have allegedly gone out to our troops.  I hope my fears are unfounded!  I used to buy some clothing items from Scotland but the exchange rate now has nearly doubled the prices and I have to REALLY need something to order it now. Our inflation rate this year so far  is double digit.  I suspect the terrorist's we need to fear are more within our Govt. and not in the Middle East. 

I was mad when the Canadian PM called our president a "Moron".  Today, I would challenge everyone to look up the clinical description of a "Moron." 

Slàinte,   

Patch

Hi Patch, as most of you already know. I believe that our government was behind both attacks on the World Trade Center. The first attack being the truck bomb, which didn’t succeed in bring down one of the buildings, and the second attack, of course being on 9/11, which did succeed in bring down both towers, including building seven, (which hadn’t even been hit by a plain), because this time. They had the foresight to plant demolition devices in the buildings prior to the attack on 9/11. (The irony being, that the demolition charges were planted in the buildings, under the guise of installing “anti” terror devices?)

Given that thinking I wouldn’t be at all surprised, if commercial air liners start blowing up in mid flight, as a result of explosives being planted in the plains, (under the guise of fixing some electrical problems in the plains)?

At which point, (and I hope I’m wrong). “The Bush Crime Family” can claim another terrorist attack, and then complete their master plan, of declaring martial law, so that Bush can become the dictator, that he himself has said he wants to be.

You know you can call me anything you want, (and I’ll live with it), should my suspicions be incorrect, but if not, I would expect to be called a patriot!

note.gif "Hey JC, JC, won't you fight for me, sanahay, sanaho , superstar!!" note.gif

If any part of this is true and or any part comes true, you truly will be a prophet of our times and patriot extraordinaire!!! thumbs_up.gif note.gif beer_mug.gif
John Clements 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 14-Apr-2008, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 14-Apr-2008, 11:27 AM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

note.gif "Hey JC, JC, won't you fight for me, sanahay, sanaho , superstar!!" note.gif

If any part of this is true and or any part comes true, you truly will be a prophet of our times and patriot extraordinaire!!! thumbsup.gif note.gif beer_mug.gif

You know Ulster, it’s funny that you say that, because on the week end before 9/11, I stud up and announced before my neighbors, at a small barbeque in my back yard, that we would be at war within the next six months.
It was a prediction that I made, simply based on what little I know of history, and state of our economy at that time. And to this day, I still remember, (like it was yesterday) my daughter saying that I was right, when I picked her up at school, that dreadful day.
Like I said, I can only hope that I’m wrong about this one.
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 14-Apr-2008, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

JC, In all seriousness I hope and trust you are wrong.
UlsterScotNutt
Patch 
Posted: 22-Apr-2008, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I just read on I believe News Max that we funded an Omnibus bill some time ago to build a Mexican border fence. It was 1.9 billion and the fence was for Mexico's Southern border! You would not believe the paper work required to spend time in Mexico. When I retired I took over the lease on a small property on the Baja Sur. At that time it was illegal (though not enforced) for a foreigner to control property near a water front. When I went down there I had to fill out detailed information re: my plans. Also explanations as to how I planned to pay all of my expenses, including medical during my stay. I had better be at the border to leave on or before my departure date. Any changes were very complicated.

PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 23-Apr-2008, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

That must of been one hell of an omnibus bill!! I saw a program on the fence building on the Northern border Mexico, Southern US border.
My parents were going to retire to Veracruz mexico on the lake and went through alot of paperwork, had to buy it through family friends in Mexico City. Alas, it never happened, had to sell it due to health issues. That would of been a nice vacation spot.
Camac
Posted: 23-Apr-2008, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

UlsterScotNutt;

I don't know if you have heard but there is a lot of contraversy going on between Canada and Mexico over their Justice System.Three Cdn. tourist have been murdered and now a 50 year old woman has been sentenced to 5 years (this after spending 2 1/2 years waiting for a trial) simply because she worked as a cook for some scam artist who is doing time in the States. I don't think I will ever go back to Mexico or even recommend it as a vacation spot.

Camac.

UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 23-Apr-2008, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Camac, most definitely culture shock. Most people have a nice vacation but I would hate to be caught up in anything to do with their legal system. That is for sure.
UlsterScotNutt
Patch 
Posted: 23-Apr-2008, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

to John Clements

I have not really formed an opinion on 9/11. As to Oklahoma City and Ruby Ridge, there is no doubt re: govt. involvement. I am privy to things that happened in the early 60's that the public does know about even today. Also I am certain it is still happening. Thus, nothing would suprise me.

Slàinte,        

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]