ctbard 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

I'm making a baby blanket too for some day when, if, my daughter has a baby, right now I'm making some cables fingerless glaoves for myself.
Knitting and beading are my addictions.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I made some fingerless gloves for myself and I wear them while driving. I feel I have better control with my fingers free. I designed them myself - they have tiny cables across the top and just ribbing on the palm. It was fun to design them.

I knit a lot and do lots of charity knitting. I'm hoping that one of these days I can hook up with gwenlee to give her some preemie blankets to take to the hospital where she works. Preemie things work up so quickly that I can pop those things out like mad.

I've also gotten back into quilting recently and I crochet, too. Earlier this week I crocheted a preemie blanket that's really cute.

I would say that reading and needlework are probably my biggest hobbies. And I can tell you that there are certainly a lot of folks here who share my reading hobby! It's nice to find another knitter around. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Never thought of knitting preemie stuff, I should have, my sister works in a birthing center. I did knit helmet liners for soldiers in Afghanistan.
I do volenteer work for hospice, I do reiki for the hospice patients.
You must be a fast knitter, which I'm not, I've only been knitting for about 3 years, don't know how to crochet, yet.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, I've been knitting since my mom taught me at age 8 so I've got a few years on you! tongue.gif

I have knitted slippers for the soldiers and used to make hats and earwarmers for them, too. One of the ladies on my knitting 4 children email group heads up a group called The Ships Project http://www.theshipsproject.com/ and I've sent things to her in the past for the soldiers overseas. Lately, I've just been into making baby stuff. It's fast and fun. And preemie blankets are only about 15 to 18 inches square.

Tell me about what you're doing at the hospice. That sounds interesting.
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I do Reiki for the patients, the office gives me one or two patients a week, I go to the patients homes and do a reiki session or them, I'm there for about an hour, it's hard sometimes.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I just Googled Reiki to find out more info on it. Sounds quite interesting. How much training did you have to go through?
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Well, there are 4 levels of Usui Reiki, some teach it in three, it all depends on the person and how they feel, to how long it takes them.
I took in privatley through someone, Level 1 was a day, then I waited a few months til the next level, so, in all, I probably took Usui in 1 1/2 Years, but you can take it much quicker or much slower, or just stay a the first level if you would like, all depends on you. I also took karuna Reiki after that.
A group of us get together once in awhile for reiki shares.
You can take reiki classes at continuing ed classes and night schools really reasonably now, it was QUITE pricey when I took it.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I'm going to look into it to see if there are any classes in my area. Thanks for the info! biggrin.gif

I think I might actually do some work now. wink.gif
ctbard 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Yep, I also. I havent gotten a thing done today.
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am checking on the forums. Reiki is very interesting ctbard! That's great you know it.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

I am fighting off depression and stress by spending time on the computer. I am also listening to some Celtic music and considering a trip to Little Rock to go to teh Hospital and see about some meds for depression. Since usually the boards have been of great help and the meds I am on have been working, but I am seemingly more depressed of late and much more competitive as I note on the boards I am driven to have the lead. I am sorry if I have hurt anyone by that. But when I get under stress I find something to relieve my stress and then I put myself totally into it. I honestly enjoy the boards and each of the people I have met here. Though I would never know you if we meet on the street I care about each of you. The CelticRadio.net crew are the finest people I have ever known. Thanks to one and all for just being you.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Just got home from dance class. And I thought I'd check in bofore going to bed.

Druid I hope you get to feeling better. I don't care who is in first with posting. This is a wonderful forum and there are a lot of nice people here.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I slept in a little today - got up an hour later than usual but managed to get to work only a half hour later than my norm. Unfortunately, when I got here I realized I had forgotten to pack my lunch! Fortunately, my dad is doing the shopping today and I had asked him to get me some soups and 100 calorie snacks which is what I normally take to work with me anyway. He will shop the sales and then drop by my office and bring me various things that I need. If it wasn't for dad's "grocery store" in his basement, I'd probably not be able to feed myself. My salary doesn't really cover much more than rent and utilities so I'm quite dependent on him - being an only child still has its perks.

Anyway, I guess I'll wait until after he brings me groceries and then I can have my soup.

On a bright note, today is payday! On a gloomy note, I was out sick for a week so it's not going to be a very "healthy" paycheck. But, I'm supposed to be getting a whopping $30 for the day I went for jury duty. Yeehaw! I think I can almost pay the water bill with that.

Geez, I need a second job - wait - I teach school for several hours a day after I finish work here, so that's really my second job. So, I guess I need a third job! Especially since the second one doesn't pay anything.

Rambling finished - back to your regularly scheduled programming. wink.gif
ctbard 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I'm sitting in my office freezing, I think it's only about 15 degree's out, suppose to get snow tomorrow, but, atleast it's Friday!
Not too much happening this weekend though.
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

Eating lunch.
Trying to decide when to go donate blood.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]