Patch 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

You are right, one terrorist was caught. I am unable to address anything further about that matter.

I also agree about the respect for police. However I was brought up to believe that if you wanted respect you had to earn it. My 30 plus years in Govt. put me in contact with law emforcement at all levels. The problems first started at the local (political patronage) level and spread up through the highest levels. (FBI lab caught falsifying lab work to fit the case). To quote I know not whom, "When the police become the criminals the Republic is lost!" There are "reality" shows now on our TV now about police corruption.

We had a police killing where a local swat officer killed a young black woman holding a child. The child was shot but survived. This was the officers second killing. The first was a depressed white man locked in a room in a homeless shelter. He was talking on a "supplied" phone to a negotiator. The officer saw a "pen knife" with a one and a half inch blade and killed the man without orders to do so. THERE WAS NO DANGER TO ANYONE! He got a "pass" on that one. The officer was white. Value of a life?

He was indicted for the last one on charges which could keep him out of jail. My understanding from pre retirement contacts is that if the local charges are swept aside, Federal Civil Rights charges will be lodged. We may get to see the Rev. Al Sharpton if there are demonstrations over this one. The best part is that he cries a lot when he is in court for pre-trial hearings. He isn't so tough now.

In a neighborhood near me, another depressed man was locked in his home. He was shot by local police though he did not threaten anyone. I was told in confidence by a local official that "they probably shouldnt have done it but our small community wasn't used to dealing with those things."

Sure indicates the value of human life in some places. Personally I believe that a depressed individuaL has more value than a "political parisite." Depression can be treated.

Lastly, locally an 81 year old local woman was stopped (then not cited for anything) and the "drug dog" was brought out to check the entire auto. She asked why they were doing that to her. She was told, because they had a drug dog and mostly because they could do it!

I do not think you would like to descend to that level.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 02-May-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Dogshirt;

Stop comparing apples to oranges. Your reply is absurd. Because of your 2nd admendment, which has been misinterpeted and corrupted, in a lot of States a person can walk into a gun store and buy just about any concievable weapon he chooses. What in the name of hell does a person need with a .50cal sniper rifle or for that matter an A.K 47 OR M. 16. One other question; Have you ever been shot at or shot? If you had you might change your thinking.

Yes, I swapped rounds with the Bader-Meinhoff bunch for 45 minutes when I was in Germany. There is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever give up my guns! You can live like a sheep if you want, but I for one will run with the wolves!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 03-May-2008, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Dogshirt;

I traded rounds with the N.V.A. and V.C. many times in my 2 years in V. N. One does not get a P.H and 2 AR.COMS and 7 campaign stars for living like a sheep.
Those 2 years cured me of any romantic notions about firearms.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 01:24 AM)
Dogshirt;

I traded rounds with the N.V.A. and V.C. many times in my 2 years in V. N. One does not get a P.H and 2 AR.COMS and 7 campaign stars for living like a sheep.

Camac.

Everyone is changed by their experiences, all differently. I would not consider imposing my beliefs on you and of course would expect the same consideration.

My take on VietNam was not that armament was the problem. The problem was,. as I saw it, those who orchestrated the war at the top. I knew when I left the military that we were going to loose that one. And we did!

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 03-May-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2008, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 01:24 AM)
Dogshirt;

I traded rounds with the N.V.A. and V.C. many times in my 2 years in V. N.  One does not get a P.H and 2 AR.COMS and 7 campaign stars for living like a sheep.

Camac.

Everyone is changed by their experiences, all differently. I would not consider imposing my beliefs on you and of course would expect the same consideration.

My take on VietNam was not that armament was the problem. The problem was,. as I saw it, those who orchestrated the war at the top. I knew when I left the military that we were going to loose that one. And we did!

Slàinte,   

Patch

Patch; Your right. It was a lost cause from day one.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 02:53 AM)

Patch [/QUOTE]
Patch; Your right. It was a lost cause from day one.

Camac.

We do not learn well from history. You can not win a "limited" war, a
terrorist war or impose "something" on a group of people who do not want it!

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 01-May-2008, 09:29 AM)
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!" --- Adolf Hitler, 1935

This speaks for its self!

Slàinte,   

Patch

It's too bad the anti-gunners just don't seem to get this Patch. The 2nd amendment is what it is. If it's been corrupted? Then the same argument could be brought up against the first amendment. Let's just remember that. To our good neighbors to the North. Let the USA be the USA. I'm willing to let Canada be Canada. I guess the RCMP, who BTW I've two cousins who are "Mounties", can be everywhere at once since pepper spray and every other kind of non-lethal force is illegal.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 03-May-2008, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-May-2008, 11:21 AM)
"This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  --- Adolf Hitler, 1935

Slàinte,   

Patch

It's too bad the anti-gunners just don't seem to get this Patch. The 2nd amendment is what it is. If it's been corrupted? Then the same argument could be brought up against the first amendment. Let's just remember that. To our good neighbors to the North. Let the USA be the USA. I'm willing to let Canada be Canada. I guess the RCMP, who BTW I've two cousins who are "Mounties", can be everywhere at once since pepper spray and every other kind of non-lethal force is illegal.

Nova Scotian;
As you have two cousins that are RCMP then you know that they are the Federal Police Force. Something like the FBI & US Marshalls rolled into one. They only have local juristiction in Provinces that they are under contract to. Ontario is not one of them. We have the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police). Each large municipality and city have their own police force. I have both an RCMP Constable and a Metro Toronto Constable living in my building and both of them are fervent gun control advocates. I am not in any way trying to force my ideas on any one just state a different point of view. I personally find it incomprhensible why anyone would want ot own a gun.

stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

The 2nd amendment is what it is. If it's been corrupted? Then the same argument could be brought up against the first amendment.

Except you hardly ever hear of someone directly getting killed because someone else shot his mouth off. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-May-2008, 05:21 AM)
"This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration.  Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future!"  --- Adolf Hitler, 1935

Slàinte,   

Patch

In Nazzi Germany I believe the first step was to control the information reaching the German People. Second, they took the firearms. Then euthanasia of babies with birth defects and that opened the flood gates. We would never want the Germans as our police and I fear that mentality is coming!

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 12:48 PM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

Nova Scotian;
As you have two cousins that are RCMP then you know that they are the Federal Police Force. Something like the FBI & US Marshalls rolled into one. They only have local juristiction in Provinces that they are under contract to. Ontario is not one of them. We have the O.P.P. (Ontario Provincial Police). Each large municipality and city have their own police force. I have both an RCMP Constable and a Metro Toronto Constable living in my building and both of them are fervent gun control advocates. I am not in any way trying to force my ideas on any one just state a different point of view. I personally find it incomprhensible why anyone would want ot own a gun.

I'm aware a little on how the RCMP operates. They are actually contracted to police the area of Nova Scotia where my roots are. The 2 cousins I have, I have had some serious conversations concerning gun control. They sound like robots to me like they're preprogrammed to despise anything that has to do with gun rights and they refuse to hear my point of view on it. Gun control is one of the main reasons I'd never become a permanent resident in Nova Scotia even though Nova Scotia is and I hope always will be my 2nd home. I will always love the USA as my home first and foremost. If you think it's incomprhensible why someone would want to own a Gun? Well mabe that's what makes you Canadian and why QE2 the Monarch of Great Briton remains on all you currency and remains head of state. I as American believe firmly I have the RIGHT to own and posess a gun to protect me my home and family. I've many in my ancestry who have fought for it and there are those who fought against it and that's where the Nova Scotian loyalist connection comes in. Yes. My greatx4 grandfather was a loyalist traitor and tried to stop what the US has. But his actions left me a beautiful place to go to in Nova Scotia. That's something I thank God for.
PMEmail Poster                
Camac
Posted: 03-May-2008, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Nova Scotian @ 03-May-2008, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 03-May-2008, 12:48 PM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

Nova Scotian;

I'm aware a little on how the RCMP operates. They are actually contracted to police the area of Nova Scotia where my roots are. The 2 cousins I have, I have had some serious conversations concerning gun control. They sound like robots to me like they're preprogrammed to despise anything that has to do with gun rights and they refuse to hear my point of view on it. Gun control is one of the main reasons I'd never become a permanent resident in Nova Scotia even though Nova Scotia is and I hope always will be my 2nd home. I will always love the USA as my home first and foremost. If you think it's incomprhensible why someone would want to own a Gun? Well mabe that's what makes you Canadian and why QE2 the Monarch of Great Briton remains on all you currency and remains head of state. I as American believe firmly I have the RIGHT to own and posess a gun to protect me my home and family. I've many in my ancestry who have fought for it and there are those who fought against it and that's where the Nova Scotian loyalist connection comes in. Yes. My greatx4 grandfather was a loyalist traitor and tried to stop what the US has. But his actions left me a beautiful place to go to in Nova Scotia. That's something I thank God for.

Nova Scotian; If I might be so bold as to remind you that had it not been for French intervention you would have lost the Revolution and your Founding Fathers
would have hung for treason. So don't thank God thank the French.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

British Columbia has made a good deal of money from me and my rifles! I have hunted many times there and hope to make one more trip. I have hunted Alberta too. Fishing has been in Ontario with one trip to Great Slave Lake. I learned a little French in a small town North East of Montreal.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 03-May-2008, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2008, 08:00 PM)
British Columbia has made a good deal of money from me and my rifles! I have hunted many times there and hope to make one more trip. I have hunted Alberta too. Fishing has been in Ontario with one trip to Great Slave Lake. I learned a little French in a small town North East of Montreal.

Slàinte,   

Patch

Patch; As an aside we call Alberta "Texas North" and it is not complementary.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 03-May-2008, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 03-May-2008, 02:00 PM)

Slàinte,   

Patch

I am not too fond of Texas myself.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]