mydogisaleprechaun 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 02:54 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

is it just me...or does everyone collectively pound a few beers and/or smoke pot before they get behind the wheel?!is it just america...i've never been outside of the United States! It's as if everyone is trying to flee from a fire somewhere(that i can't see or find) and must drive around swerving through traffic like a chicken with it's head cut off! I am wanting more and more to move to a small town out of the counrty where i can ride a horse anywhere and traffic consists of 5 or 6 dairy cows standing in the middle of a dirt road!
Does the whole world drive like a bunch of drunken retards on pcp or is it just america? mad1.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
John Clements 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Hi, I totally agree with the idea of riding a horse in the middle of no where, it’s a beautiful thing. But retarded drivers are already retards, before they smoke pot, or drink.
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

we call them crackerjack drivers, cause that's where they found their permits!!!montreal drivers are notoriously bad drivers that's why they won't allow turning right on a red light here like they do in the rest of canada!!!(no joke!)toronto drivers are rated just as bad but they have lots more roads to do it on!!new brunswick drivers are patient and have all the time in the world, lots more farm tractors where we are, even thought the speed limit on parts of the highway are 110kms!!in montreal and toronto the speed limits on the highways are 100kms....but this is just in my experience so far. any other canadian can wade in on this too ya know!!! ejits on drugs is a good way to say it though!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Where I live, in central Ohio, peple here either drive 10 mph under the speed limit or like a bat outta hell! I live on a county highway, that unfortunately has a high traffic volume. It is also a straightaway, that when I leave my driveway at 6:30 am to go to work, I have to sometimes get up to 55-60 mph almost immediately!!! I swear, some of the folks that drive on my road must think they are on an interstate!
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 29-Mar-2007, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Massachusetts drivers are just as bad!!! Especially in Boston!!! i wonder sometimes why I drive at all. I've always said that I drive because I have to, not becasue I like it!!!

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 30-Mar-2007, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I agree with everyone, people fly all the time. I live in a small, small community and believe me, it is just as bad here as it would be in a bigger city. I live on the main drag and see people doing 60 + on this 30 MPH road. Funny thing is, cops say we don't have a speeding problem...hahahaha, well obviously they don't live on this long stretch of raod in town!

I was seriously hoping that they would up the age of the drivers liscense so my kids would have to wait longer, I can't imagine them driving at all
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 30-Mar-2007, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

On my way to work this morning I was doing 80 on the Interstate and getting passed on both sides. And on the way home I thought I'd take the back roads and enjoy the drive home, but no. Had some ID10T in a truck riding my bumper almost all the way down this narrow, windy, little 2 lane road (no posted speed limit, except for several curves that are marked high at 15 mph, such as where the road completely disappears twice to cross a set of railroad tracks)

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
monksplay1958 
Posted: 30-Mar-2007, 10:29 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Michigan

female

My kids all waited until they were 18 to drive....didn't have the money to add them to my insurance (single mom), but it worked out because they were ready to drive by the time they were 18. Some kids are ready to drive at 16, and some are not.
Horse & buggy would be fun for awhile, wouldn't it?
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 31-Mar-2007, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

For a while. But then I wonder how so many people managed maintinance and care of the horses. Guess it was much like how we manage it for our cars eh?
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 02-Apr-2007, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

HEres what happened to me today.

I was at the gas station and parked in one of the parking spots like I was supposed to be. Well, there was my van, an open space and then another car. A big ice truck pulls up while I was getting back in my van to leave. He backs in inches away from my van. My oldest could reach her hand out and touch the truck, it was only like a couple of inches away from my passenger side mirror. ANyway, I was basically trapped in. He parked cricked (sp?) and I was so mad, I was cussing that guy big time, even though my kids were in there, it was just unsafe. Now,my BIL happens to work for the same company and it just so happened to be the guy he is training except my BIL is on vacation this week. He told him never, ever back in the ice truck. Of course the kid was just a young, just out of high school, but still, there was no reason I should have to try to manuver my vehicle out of something like that, especially when I was in and out of the gas station in like 2 minutes. I was sooo angry. Why do people have to do stuff like that?
I was glad my kids didn't get out or I wouldn't probably be waiting there still, at the gas station waiting for him to move so I could get my kids in the van!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
mydogisaleprechaun 
  Posted: 04-Apr-2007, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: sunny southern california!

female

hahahah! i absolutely hate that! I especially enjoy it when people invent their own parking spots...or even an entire driving lane for that matter! Then there's always the people who park anywhere they want like in the rez done...but then put their hazard lights on because "it's okay, and they'll really only be just a minute!" NO! no parking at any time means just that - NO PARKING AT ANY TIME! silly people! I get a chuckle when comeone parks DIRECTLY underneath a no parking any time sign!!!

You should all go to "Youparklikeanasshole.com" It's hilarious photo's of horrible, evil parking jobs!
laugh.gif
Al G. 
Posted: 15-Apr-2007, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

Don't get me started about idiot drivers!! tongue.gif
And it's not just the US that has them. I drive a 40' transit bus around Calgary for a living, and the number of times I see stupid drivers each day is unreal. I'm just glad that I'm in a vehicle alot bigger than theirs. LOL
PMEmail Poster               
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

There is one word which can some up 90% of all bad drivers......

Selfish

or perhaps

Inconsiderate. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
  Posted: 02-May-2007, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,272,457 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

If you don't like my driving....Stay off the sidewalks!

hehehe laugh.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Simon_ig 
Posted: 08-May-2007, 01:44 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

male

The problem, as I figure it, is that most people are behind the wheel of machines they have no business being in. New cars are too fast for most lay people, yet because of safety features, idiots with little or no driving skill or knowledge of traffic laws, feel they can take advantage of their vehicles ability.

I wish cops would start giving out tickets for all those little things like not using a turn signal to change lanes, making turns from the far wrong lane, braking to stop traffic because they realized too late their exit was coming up, not yeilding where they should and yeilding where they shouldn't... etc.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]