Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,323 Gold!

The news is reporting that North Korea exploded another atomic weapon today. Russia said it was in the same power range as the bombs dropped on Japan in WWII. Others say the blasts were not that strong. Protests sprang up around the world and the UN has just passed an official condemnation.

This is in direct violation of the agreements that North Korea made recently. Is it just more saber rattling or is the North preparing for something more sinister? Does the US and/or NATO and/or SEATO need to get involved militarily? What does everyone think?

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 25-May-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

In the end, if it continues we or someone will have to destroy them.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
krioni98 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

male

I think something is going to need to be done at some point. Sanctions and of diplomatic measures don't seem to be working. I can't honestly see NKorea wanting to go to war though. They can't really think they would win. But weirder things have happened.
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I think someone is backing them. Russia, maybe? Testing the waters.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,323 Gold!

The thing is, Kim Jung-il has totally brainwashed his people. They think he is a deity, literally. They will happily do anything he asks. And he half way believes his own propaganda. His is the fifth largest army in the world. He wouldn't win, but he could cause one hell of a problem.
Patch 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

China's military is interested in testing us too.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
InRi 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Saxons

ZodiacVine

Realm: Arbing, Upper Austria

male

QUOTE (flora @ 27-May-2009, 06:23 PM)
I think someone is backing them.  Russia, maybe?    Testing the waters.

Flora

Hi flora,

good watch... Russia is one of the countries they have avoided harsher measures against NKorea for a long time. But also the Chinese aren't really interested in a change of the relative strength on the Korean peninsula.
I think all participants will mediate a kind of truce again and Kim will stop his nuclear upgrade for a while - against payment by a lot of cash and relief supplies.
You can say about Kim what you want, but I think he isn't so crazy to pick a quarrel. Far from it! I believe devoutly that he's calculating very exactly what he can do and what he better shouldn't do currrently.
Already for a long time the Kim-dynasty play a weird game - and as yet they won again and again...

Ingo

--------------------
Patch 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My opinion is that he is an egomaniac, a pedophile and thinks of himself as a god. (his subjects have NO choice) Those people can easily step over the line and create a catastrophe. He is likely to sell nuclear weapons to terrorists to raise money and that will lead to retaliation in kind against N.Korea. It is more likely in times of economic hardship.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-May-2009, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

North Korea threatened military strikes on U.S. and South Korean ships Wednesday and renounced a 1953 truce halting the Korean War.

The threats, followed Seoul's decision to join more than 90 nations in stopping and inspecting ships suspected of transporting banned weapons.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 29-May-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 27-May-2009, 12:41 PM)
The thing is, Kim Jung-il has totally brainwashed his people. They think he is a deity, literally. They will happily do anything he asks.

It would be easier to believe that if there weren't mass graves with thousands of starvation victims in them from the 90s coming to light. The people aren't so much adoring as stunned, cowed, and depleted of any possible well-being or morale. It is a form of brainwashing, I suppose, but I don't think it nets all that much able participation. He does know the difference, too -- that large standing army is very well fed and supplied, unlike the civilian population.
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 29-May-2009, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 29-May-2009, 04:56 PM)
It would be easier to believe that if there weren't mass graves with thousands of starvation victims in them from the 90s coming to light. The people aren't so much adoring as stunned, cowed, and depleted of any possible well-being or morale. It is a form of brainwashing, I suppose, but I don't think it nets all that much able participation. He does know the difference, too -- that large standing army is very well fed and supplied, unlike the civilian population.

I agree, He is a brutal dictator and his subjects are scared out of their wits.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Jun-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

North Korea has threatened nuclear war on the Korean peninsula which shows that he is not thinking. His only delivery method now is by plane.

Since the apparent kidnapping of two reporters, from probably the free side of the border, has not worked so the ante is increased. I saw that A. Gore offered to mediate as he was involved in the media organization that sent them.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 14-Jun-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I spoke with a friend who just recently came back from South Korea and he was very near the North Korean border.

In North Korea families are required to have a picture of Kim Jung-il in their homes which are subject to searches. If any perceived disrespect to his picture (crooked) is found that family is not seen again. But if they find human flesh to be consumed the family is only fined. It is so hard to imagine the state these people have to live in.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Jun-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Their living conditions are terrible. They have no means to resist and any peaceful protest is futile. People in the north were required to make pilgrimages to the despot's (father) shrine and when he was ill if they did not show sufficient sorrow, they also disappeared! I suspect the son is as crazy as the father and one day the world will have to crush the country.

If you look at sattelite pictures, the south is lit up at night and the north is very dark. It shows the disparity between the two countries.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]