MacErca 
Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Draconis lowers his head and sniffs the air around Labban and opens his eyes in amazement when he realizes what has happened, then lowers his head in a reverenced bow, and says ?So it has finally begun the scroll and scribe have become one, this prophecy was foretold when I was but a hatchling many eons ago, can you forgive an old flame for being so abrupt with you sire? Whilst you wanted to remain in the shadows so to speak, with this coming of events you?ve been hurled to the forefront of the situation, there is an evil that is forming that if left unchecked it will tear the very fabric of time itself and the balance of the very cosmos will be thrown into chaos. I cant foresee all the events that will transpire here after this day my vision has clouded, it is time for you three to join together and become allies, together you will form the triumvirate, the Dragon Master, the reluctant warrior, and the scribe with the scroll made one.?

My lady we must talk as Draconis and the Dragon Master start talking ? Yes you are right it is against the code for me to do what I have done, I had to leave nothing to chance, had Shoran been the victor all hope would have been lost, as much as it pained me it was for the greater good, Shoran was like my very own offspring, but this evil is attempting to shadow the very minds of firedrakes and dragons alike.?

Draconis turns to Macerca and bids him come closer Macerca is standing right in front of Draconis when he lifts a scale on his side a removes something and hands to Macerca, ?Take these two remaining skystone and fire up that forge of yours and forge two more items, one for the Dragon Master, a braided Torc with dragon head finials, and for the scribe fashion a set of dragon wings and attach it to a elder staff. The power of these weapons will be apparent as time goes on, join together as one family learn from each other, and now I must take my leave I grow weary, and with one powerful leap and thrust of his wings he was gone, leaving the three standing in the grove looking at each other and wondering what is to happen next.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
oldraven 
  Posted: 23-Nov-2003, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

What world have I stepped into? One day I'm filing Family Histories, and the next I'm cooked like a boar on a spit. Labban stood, frozen in place, even after the leave of the beast. Nearly torched twice in one day. That must be a record of some sort.

Sire? I'm no sire? Is this going to become a comon thing, because I'd prefer to not be labeled so. Why haddn't I just stayed down behind that rock?

Everyone stood around and gawked back and forth at each other for a moment. No one knew what to say.

So, what kind of day did you forsee at breakfast? The three laughed at the folly, even in light of the days events. Just like the elders. Just when we need some sort of direction, both of those who know what's going on run off without a 'what's what'.

So, let's see this scroll, Labban. And what did he mean by, the scroll and scribe are one? Rider said, unaware of what she was asking.

Well, normaly I'd ask to go somewhere a bit more private, but seeing how it's just us three, I'm sure it'll be alright. The two reguarded him with a confused look as he started to untie his tunic. Labban pulled the fabric back and revealed himself to the two. With a chuckle from Macerca, and flushed face from Rider, he looked down to see the scroll. Nothing................ He was suddenly aware just how cute Rider was, and how he wished he'd spent more time training with the soldiers over reading in a corner.Wait, it was there a minute ago. uuuuhm. Seems I'm forgetting something.

Just then, little Rahsha, as small as a Faerie Dragon, came from Rider's side and hovered in before Labban. His neck craned back and he sent a plume of flame up a hand's length away from his torso. A moment later and the Glyphs burst into fire, unburning, but bright and clear.

Hehahhaa! That tickles.............. unsure.gif em. Sorry. ....... So, what do you think? Brings out the colour in my eyes, no?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Flushing slightly as Labban bares his chest. Rider looks at him wondering why he had always been off in a corner with a fine specimen of a figure that he was showing to them. She had always thought he was a wonderment, now she knew he was. Her thoughts made her blush and she wished for something to distract her attention. At that moment Rashah left his hiding place under her hair and flew to Labbans bare chest, spirting out a small flame, Draconic Glyphs appear on Labbans chest. Macerca and Rider Gasp in Awe

"Well Done Rashah!" whisper Rider & Macerca

Stepping closer, Rider begins to read and understand the glyphs.

"In Dawnings past shall come one of Evils Lust begun. Darkness of the heart and soul shall bind us forever threefold. When his might is at hand , three shall apear from a great land. The Heart, The Wing & the Sword shall free us forever more.
Three stones shall they carry, In Firery tongues there wills be one. ............."

Not realizing it, Rider had placed her hand on Labbans chest as she read. Her full concentration on her work. Suddenly she felt an odd warming sensation rush over her. The Musky smell of him made her head swim, Looking up in to Labbans eyes she Flushed and removed her hand, taking a step back.

" May I suggest we take this back to the castle where we can take the time to see what all this says? there are some glyphs I can not remember"

Turning around quickly and pulling up the hood of my cloak to hide my blush
I call on Nemarth , Roganal & Tahlutha to take us back to the Castle

Macerca looks to Labban in slight bewilderment

"Did I see , what I thought I did?" Queires Macerca

"And what do you think you saw?" repiled Labban

" Did the Dragon Master Blush?" Macerca asked

" I believe she did." Replied Labban as his face turns slightly pink.

" And I believe you are also flushing Labban old friend" Macerca replied with a laugh in his tone.

Smiling Labban watched Rider walk away

"She ......." Labban shuts his mouth before he says anything else. Not wanting to be the fool. he was never one for romantic lacings but he could not help what his mind and heart were thinking. Had he not watched her from afar?

" She , what Labban?" Asked Macerca

" Nothing." he replied

Turning around Rider spoke to her companions

" Labban, Macerca, The Dragons come to bear us back to Highlander Castle. The will arrive momentairily."

Turning around again Rider thinks on the days events and the feelings she is having. At that moment Nemarth and the other Dragons arrive landing just a few feet away. As her companions join her the Dragons offer each a leg up for easier mounting. She must keep her feelings in tight check. To be hurt again as she was before would be inbearable.

"Labban, you will ride Tahlutha. Macerca, You will ride Roganal."

Springing to Nemarths Neck in a fluid motion Rider waites for the others to mount and be ready.

~ They are mounted , we may proceed Dragon Master?~ questions Nemarth

~ Yes dear one, Take us back to Highlenader Castle and be quick about it, there is much to do.~

~As you wish it Dragon Master.~

Nemarth , Roganal & Tulutha all down stroke at the same moment and the three Dragons rise to the sky. Riders hood blows back her hair falling free of its braid. the wind caresses her face as she closes her eyes and tries to center herself and prepair for the comming events.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
oldraven 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Now, if you think riding on a dragon's back is anything like riding a horse, you're sadly mistaken. rip.gif

Thank heavens. We're almost there. I'm going to puke.
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

The trio were up in the air and flying, really flying, off in the distance they could see the castle coming closer with every downstroke of the dragons wings.

Never before had I felt so alive and free to be perched up here on this dragon, I must admit that when we lifted off I almost felt like jumping off and walking back, but just decided to swallow my heart which was in my throat, as we went on, it seemed that Labban and I were getting the hang of or else the dragons knew that we were novices and took it easy on us. It seemed that we were in the air only a few minutes when we started descending, spiraling down in an easy arc to land on the ground without so much as snapping a twig, it amases me how something so large can land so soft.

As we dismounted the group formed again, I walked up to the Dragon Master, and bowed and said thank you M"lady for that experiance, now if you two will excuse me I think I have some work to do in the forge,I then said I believe that you two need to go and have a closer look at those curious writings on Labban's chest. As I turned to leave I looked at Labban, then at the Dragon Master, winked at each one and said "now you two younguns try to stay out of trouble" slapped Labban on the shoulder and walked away chucklin softly but with each step it turned to laughter. By the gods to be just a few years younger, I thought to myself.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Nemarth gently pulls me back to the present world. Her gentle and kind tone tells me that she knows what has been going through my mind.
~Dragon Master, We have arrived.~
~Thank You Nemmy, Tell Talutha to land first if He doesn't we may very well lose Labban. He looks as if he is going to be ill. We can not risk him falling off and getting hurt and make sure to tell them that the Dragon Master Thanks them.~ Rider tells Nemarth knowing that Macerca will aide him.
~ What of the other people in the vacinity, surely a Dragon landing in their midst will cause them to panick." Nemarth replied
" They must learn to deal with it sometime Nemarth." Rider answered
~As you wish it.~ Nemmy Replies.
Talutha begins his slow downward spiral. His great wings fully expanded bringing Labban and himself into the outter courtyard. Next Roganal begins his decent with Macerca. Landing next to Talutha, Roganal immediatly puts a leg upto assist Macerca. With a short thank you Macerca jumps down and runs to the aide of his friend who looks like is has gone gully green with fear.

" Thank the Maker, solid ground under my feet!" Patting Labban gently on his back Macerca orders a strong drink be brought to Labban.
With their passengers dismounted Talutha and Roganal take flight leaving the humans to their business. Watching from the heights of Dragonwings Rider smiles as her intuition proves correct. Nemarth begins her downward spiral landing the other side of the courtyard. Dismounting quickly Rider gives her thanks and touches Nemarths snout. Then sends Nemmy on her way. As dragon wings beat strongly through the air Rider looks up and smiles offering up a Prayer for their safety. Looking around for Labban and Macerca, Rider heads for the last point in which she saw them. Weaving through the crowd carefully, stepping over puddles as people rush past her speaking about Dragons landing in the court yard.
Seeing the circle of people Rider head towards the center of the courtyard.
Meeting up with Macerca and Labban.

Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

*heads to greet the travellers as they return*

By the devine blessing! Returning on scaled wing. nice touch smile.gif So, what has been found?
Sorry I ouldn't join. You were gone before I recieved your note that you were heading out.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

*blushing profusely at Macercas comment I turned my head away to compose myself*

"I think you might have a Good Idea there Macerca. We have work to do." I replied
and looked at Labban
oldraven 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Seeing the obvious chance for making a blundering fool of himself, if he were to do as Macerca said, Labban rushed over to Aaediwen. Aaed. Can I ask something of you?

Absolutely, oldraven. Aaediwen said, with that familiar smirk he always had when he used his nickname.

Never let me mount one of those overgrown lizards again. Five minutes up there was enough for my lifetime. AH! There's my draught. A cellar boy scampered up to Labban with a horn of amber liquor. Labban tipped it back and drank heartilly. *COUGH-WHEEEEZE* OCH!! That's Scotch! Labban exclaimed in a wheezing whisper. Good lad. He patted the boy on the shoulder and dropped a silver in his palm. That's for you. Tell Master Mike I'll pay my debt later.He said under his breath to the cellar boy, much to the little fellow's delight.

You're one interesting fellow, Labban. Chuckled Aaediwen.

Aye, you'll never find another like me.He replied with a wink. Labban caught a glimpse of Rider, while trying to calm the people in the courtyard over what they had seen, cast a glance toward Labban with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. Uuuhm. Aaed? I think you should join Rider and I when we go and study this scroll.

I'd be more than happy to, Labban. Did you get stuck on something?

Labban lowered his eyes. .....in a way...... YES! Yes, we need your help with some of the glyphs.

Aaediwen cast Labban a knowing gaze. Is that right?

Labban gave in, it would seem all too easy. Truth be told, I'm terrified of that woman.

You're terrified of all momen, Labban.

Exactly With that, he made one last pleading look.

Alright. I said yes already. Let's get her and go.
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 24-Nov-2003, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

As Macerca arrived back at his forge he was thinking about the events that had transpired that day, he also thought of the things that he had to make,hmmm, this will take a little planning the processes that will need to be done will be totaly different than he was used to.

Just then his apprentice came through the door and suddenly stopped, master something has changed about you I cant quite place my finger on it but something has changed.

Do I dare tell him what has transpired, no that he will find out in time, as Macerca
began talking "son I need the hottest fire that we have ever burned to day I need it hot, hot as we can stand it, when it reaches temperature, come and get me I will be out back.

Macerca walked out behind the forge, about fifty yards or so where the tree line resumed. He walked to ward the shear cliff, found his place. Ahhh now this is real beauty he said looking up toward the mountains in the distance, and out over the loch below, threw back his large arms and screamed at the top of his lungs "WHY?"

Macerca was no small man by any means his body hard as an old drum head working in the smithy and forge will do that to a man after 20 years, he wondered why had he been chosen to weild this blade that now hung across his back,"Gods I can make any weapon, targe, my chain mail is the best in the land, but to be a warrior I am to old I have seen fifty winters, aye they be good ones, I guess better to go in battle than to ......... oh hell who wants to live forever anyway he stands up and draws the sword from it's sheath, it felt like lightning was flowing through his body, as he practiced the moves he learned so long ago, but had laid down to pick up the hammer.

Hours passed, as he heard the young man approaching, master it is ready.

Macerca sheathed the sword and said be right there as he walked back to the forge he turned on a small trail, unknowing eyes would never see it walked over to two well cared for graves with the name Brigid and Cullen, bent down and removed some debris, softly spoke I know what I said when we parted mdear, but a higher force is calling, I feel that we should not be apart much longer, he rises and walks to the shop his walk a little slower now.

He worked throughout the night and most of the next dat untill all was finished and met with his approval, calling the young man over to where he was standing and began speaking softly "Son you have been with me many a year 20 years in fact I had found you after that battle you were just a wee lad I took you in for we just alike ...alone I raised you and taught you everything I know so now it time that I depart I dont know where this road will lead but I acnt be tied to this shop that is why you are now the master and if you so chose I give you my name it will not be Macerca but MacFaergus. What say you? As tears welled up in both sets of eyes they hugged each other.

Macerca picked up the three new weapons and set off to find his new partners.
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

calming people as they hurry up to me and ask questions. Smiling I calmly answer them.
" No MacDougel, They will not attack the Castle. Yes Brigid, They are very lovely creatures. No Thomas, they do not eat humans. They actually hate the taste of us."

Labban and Aaed step up behind me. Aaed calls my my name gaining my attention
" Excuse me please I must leave you now. I promise that every thing will be fine."
Turning quickly and heading towards Aaed & Labban my heart skips a beat.

" How do you Feel Labban? Aaediwin how good to see you my friend, I would like you to Join us we have some work to do and I believe I will need your assistance." Reaching out she gently hugs the young man.
" Please come with us. I will have cook make you your Favorite dish for supper tonight." smiling nervously I head off towards the dungeon. taking a sideways glance at Labban as i turn I smile softly.
Moving quickly into the castle my thoughts take over my mind.
Dear Goddess what is wrong with me? I have a Job to do. damn it Rider focus, this is too important to mess up with romance. Or is it your fear of romance. Just pay attention to the quest that is at hand. He is terrified of women and you have always known that. Isn't that why you live in the dungeon? To stay away from the remotest possibility of something like this happening? Damn it he is your friend, you have known each other since ........forever. Friends, yes Friends we are and that is what we will always be.
Smiling at her decision to keep this on a friendship level Riders resolve returns to her. coming out of her thoughts she finds that they are all to soon. Casting an unlock spell the door swings open.

"Gentlemen, Please enter and follow the staircase down. I will be right behind you."

As Aaediwin & Labban pass me I close the door and inchant it so only a specific few may enter and exit. Turning I follow Aaediwin and Laban down the stair case. I am several yards behind when I hear them start to talk. I can't make out what they are saying as the stone walls reverberaite the sound. I continue to walk down the stairs.

"What in the devils name scares you about her? Is it the fact that she is a Dragon Master, A witch or Just because she is a woman?" Asks Aaed.

" I have no Idea what it is, I just know that when I see her I want to crumple to the ground. My legs get all wobbly like I have forgotten how to walk. My heart beats hard in my chest when her name is mentioned. I....I just don't know what it is." Labban replies

" I see." whispers Aaed a knowing smile returning to his face.
" What are you smiling about?" Labban says with his curosity peeked.
" Nothing Old Friend, Nothing." responds Aaed

Stepping down on to the stone floor they hadn't realized just how far they had gone down until the both looked up. Seeing Rider about half way they waited patiently by the door. as Labban leaned on it, the door swung open making him faulter and loose his balance stumbling backward in to the room and landing in a chair. Rushing in after him Aaediwin asks if Labban is alright.

"Yes, yes I am fine." looking around Labban makes note of all the books and scrolls Rider has in her study area. as both men look around the see several doors with different Draconic glyphs carved in to the wood. As Rider enters she notes the looks on their faces. Looking at Labban as she walks in turning slightly she begins to speak.
"Labban please remove your shirt, We have work to do. Aaediwin please grab the scrolls and quills that you find over on the table under the large painting of the Crystal Dragon."

Grabbing a scroll that looks ancient but in extremely good condition Rider turns to walk over to Labban , as she does this she notices that Labban has not moved an inch.

" Labban, Please I will not harm you in any way. I must have you remove your shirt so that I may continue to decipher the prophecy that lays burned in to your chest."

Looking calmly and casting a relaxation spell on Labban she sees his shoulders drrop just a hair. enough to rid himof his inhabitions. Slowly he removes his shirt and sits back.

"Thank you Labban, I promise I will do my best to be done quickly."

Rider steps in front of him and knees down on a pillow. Looking next to her she sees that Aaed is ready to scribe.She turns her attention back to Labbans chest.

" Rahshah, if you wouldn't mind my darling." coos Rider softly.
Rashah Flies forward and emits a small stream of fire which lights up the glyphs

"Thank you, Rahshah" chirirping Rashah returns to his hiding place under my hair
"From the begining then........In Dawnings past shall come one of Evils Lust begun.
Darkness of the heart and soul shall bind us forever threefold. When his might is at hand , three shall apear from a great land. The Heart, The Wing & the Sword shall free us forever more." Touching the glyphs carefully Rider continues to read she breaths in deeply trying to keep her mind on her work. Labban reaches up and touches Riders hair. playing with it he smiles softly. Rider concentraites even harder and focuses on her task continuing to read aloud.

"Three stones shall they carry, In Firery tongues there wills be one. From the heart of the three of one will to set us free. In Harmony shall they provide us the safe passage from above on dragon wings shall they fight to show truths mighty light. As each answer they make shall their way become seen. 18 plays of the mind , they must over come to take on our darkest plight..........They have vanished! The glyphs are gone!, Rahshah come here and see if you can light these up again."

coming back out Rashah attempts to light the glyphs again but nothing happens. blasting a flame a little stronger Rahshah attempts it again. singing some of Labbans chest hairs Rashah coos and goes back to his hiding place.

"What now? Aaed & Labban ask together. Getting up Rider walks to her books.
" I don't know but there must be something here that can help."

Aaediwin and Labban look at each other and shrug their shoulders.
oldraven 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Damn. That's some good Scotch. I only had two swills and I'm feeling more relaxed than I have in years. Labban eyes the horn sitting on the nearby table, pleased that he hadn't spilled a drop during his foolish tumble. Well, who am I to say no to a good thing. He reaches over and grabs the horn. Taking another long draught, he finds it goes down much smoother this time.

Woah, Lad. Perhaps you should slow down there. Aaediwen warns him. Lines of concern appearing on his brow.

What? It's a fine liquor, and I mean to enjoy it. Goes down like honey, it does. Doesn't burn at all. Here. Have a go. He thrusts the cup out at Aaed, and watches as the man cautiously takes a sip.

Good Gods, man. There's nothing smooth about it. You're drinking turpentine like it's water. Rider? What's going on here? He asked, Anger mixing with the concern of a moment before. Labban snatches the drink back and drinks heartily. Laughing like a fool.

Rider turned from her books, at first offended at the tone Aaediwen had taken with her, then realizing her folly came back to the two. It appears I've made a blunder. Some people are much more susceptible to magik than others. Who knows. It may be no more than todays events. I wonder where he got off to, durring the attack. Labban, do you know where you went after the dragon attacked? She mumbled something and Labban sat up straight. Eyes opening wide.

What in the name of time was that? He appeared to be quite startled.

Labban. Where did you go when you were attacked?

The little fellow, Raawin. He took me to the Faerie Realm. A look of dread came over his face, as he recalled what transpired there.

Well, that would have helped to have known. Magik is amplified in that world, and so you brought some of that back with you. My attempt to ease your nerves gave you complete abandon.

Labban's stomach started to churn, and a rumbling roar came from his stomach. He let out a loud and raucous burp, that became a great ball of fire.

Well now. That's what I call odd. Aaediwen declared, after letting out a yelp and jumping back.

Labban jumped up and ran to a pail in the corner, and promptly emptied the contents of his stomach. And standing up, he stiffened and fell like a tree, snoring soundly.

I guess that's it for today. I'll get him to his bed. Come on oldraven. Let's go. He picked the slumbering man up and flung him over his shoulder. Och. And how does a minstrel get to be so heafty?

Rider holds the door back and bids them farewell.
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Closing the door behind them Riders shoulders slump and feels the weight of stones removed from her back. Turning and leaning her back against the door she is furious with herself for not asking what had happened before she cast her magick spell. She of all people knew how important it was to ask such questions.

"Thank the Goddess that is over with. "
scrubbing her face with her hand fom fatigue she goes back to her books trying to find out what has happened. As the sun dwindles candle and lamps all around her chambers light themselves. stuck deep in her research she is brought out of her thoughts by a loud banging on the door. perturbed she hollers for the person to enter. Looking up she sees a young courier with a message bearing the seal of the smithy.

"Thank you lad." Handing the young boy a gold coin she shoos him away after taking the scroll from him. laying it down on the table she is again consumed by her thoughts.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

After the long journey, we finally arrived at the entrance to Lebbin's chamber. My friend, you ought not mix magic and drink. Must say that that was quite a show. For not liking a dragon ride, you sure did a fine job of making one of yourself. I inched the door open and the bard released another soft, smoky belch as I laid him to rest on the bed, still unconcious from his experience.

Turning to leave, my eyes fell on the eclectic colection of insturments that filled the chamber. hardly strange for a bard. "Music!, maybe that is the answer. The thought rang so clearly I was almost afraid it would wake my sleeping friend. I then slipped out and back to my small study where I began studying the few tomes and scrolls that had been recommended by the same man who now lay sleeping with glyphs of fire emblasened into his skin.

Hours passed. The volumes told much of the emotional properties of music, and in depth information on the petaphysical connection that some chords have. Yet they gave little indication as to its use in magic. Surely music is the ticket that will allow Rider to read the remainder of the scroll, but what kind is needed?? The bard was asleep, and Rider is surely spent after her efforts in reading the texts. I will have to put this to them come the morn' . Surely with Rider's knowledge of dragon kind, we could find a melody what would coax the remaining text to light.
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
oldraven 
Posted: 25-Nov-2003, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Labban walked through the wood, humming a tune as he went on his merry way. It was his favorite time, late afternoon, when the sun is two heads above Mt. Torinagh and casts it's reflection in the namesake Loch below. A good days ride from the Castle. The forest here goes straight to the cliff, facing the scene, and so when you walk through, a bright and burning orange glow shines on everything. The mosses look as though they are on fire.

What seemed strange to him, was that this time of year, the sun should be leagues to the south. He simply shrugged it off as a trick on his eyes, and found a dry moss covered fallen log to sit on. The sun was so warm on his face.

The sun was getting hotter. And hotter yet. He had to turn his face away. Then a most unwelcome sound came out of the land over the water. He braved to look back at the sun, and saw a great bird crest the mountain and soar over the lake. As it neared it got bigger, and bigger, and bigger still. It wasn't a bird. It was the Firedrake that had attacked him that very day.

Labban stood, and backed away, inch by inch, unable to turn and run as the beast grew ever nearer.

With an ear splitting cry, the Drake opened it's great gaws and let out a ball of fire so aweful that it enveloped all of the forest and devoured it.

The dragon was gone. The sun was grey and the forest was naught but ash and smouldering sticks jutting out of the coals below. Labban screamed with all the strength he had in him and looked to see the lake dried and cracked.

Why are you crying so? A voice came from behind. Labban turned to see Rider standing with a warm smile.

The dragon. The filthy dragon. He killed it all. Labban was trembling.

Her smile slowly turned to a cold and bitter grimace. You're hideous. Look at you. You look like a worm on a spit. I can't look upon your horrid face. With that she turned and he looked down at his body.

He was burned, badly. He looked as though his very flesh had melted and distorted to the twisted unbearable figure he'd known in the Faerie Realm. He was naked, his long red hair burned away, and on his cheast he saw the scroll embosed on his skin. In his hands was a broken lyre.

The glyphs burst into flame, but not without burning this time. It seared and ate away at him. He fell to the ground writhing and screaming at the world.

Labban lie in his bed, crying at the darkness and unable to wake from his torment untill the sun rose.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]