Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Philadelphia, PA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #62
188,195 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Hello All...A fine fall evening that it is here in Philadelphia, PA. It's about 9PM and nobody has been shot...so far so good. I am originally from NJ but when you marry an only child don't expect to take her back home to mother! I am Irish but married Italian ( I like a challenge). I have two beautiful daughters, one in college and the other one in her last year of high school.
I came across your station on iTunes and loved it. I have been listening for almost a year now and thought it would be nice to join everyone. I play guitar, write music, poems and like to paint. Anyone out there feel free to drop me a line if your so inclined. Just make sure you put "Celtic Radio" in the subject. Everyone stay well...talk to you later...Hank
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2014, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello to you, Hank, from the great Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! So glad you have decided to drop in to the forums! We always enjoy greeting new folks.

I love the station, too! The rich variety of music available is wonderful! I enjoy hearing new artists and recommending new groups. Feel free to let everyone know who you like. It's great to swap reviews!

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
lgreaseman 
Posted: 02-Oct-2014, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Irishpipedad
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #62
188,195 Gold!

Someone I have taken a real shine to is Loreena McKennitt her music is wonderful...love it all!
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2014, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (lgreaseman @ 02-Oct-2014, 07:46 PM)
Someone I have taken a real shine to is Loreena McKennitt her music is wonderful...love it all!

No question, she can play! Really enjoy her music. There's a thread where folks have mentioned the groups that they consider the best. You might want to take a look at that one and see who everyone enjoys. May be some new groups there for you.

One group I have enjoyed a lot lately is Runa. They are not on the playlist here yet, but I hope to see that happen soon. There is a link where artists can submit music for airplay.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Ross 
Posted: 02-Oct-2014, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

male

Welcome Hank,
Loreena has been one of my favorites for several years… an unmistakable voice and the mystical character of her melodies is truly captivating. I play guitar, mandolin and am learning fiddle (a humbling instrument).

The reverse of you, I married one of six German daughters, have four children (two still in college)and am caught in a constant swirl of family events and happenings… thank God the food and drink is incredible. I’m of both Scottish and Irish decent and this site is a great refuge… enjoy.
smile.gif

--------------------
Too soon old, too late smart.
PMEmail Poster               
lgreaseman 
Posted: 03-Oct-2014, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Irishpipedad
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #62
188,195 Gold!

Hey Ross...thanks for the post. Yeah I married for food the food and drink (love Italian food and wine...although I have never turned down a pint!) Likewise on the mixed family...my father's family was from Ireland (Cork I believe) and my mother's was Scottish...MacFarlane. I know at one time we had some of the family tartan around but I believe it lost now. As for instruments I started on the drums and ended on guitar and play a little bass. Had a violin player in my band (I think it's humbling without a fret broad) and have always wanted one after that! They just seem to fit in anywhere! Good luck on the bow...!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]