nehtar 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: colorado springs

male

I just watched Cold Mountain.I saw how many people posted about it so I gave it a try.Didn't like it much. I hate it when the good guy dies. My wife liked it a bit she said it was a good chick flick.

--------------------
When your grandchild sits on your lap will all of your stories start with I could have, should have,or would have? Don't dream it, Be it.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Merewyn @ 27-Apr-2005, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 26-Apr-2005, 11:21 PM)
I loved King Arthur.  I haven't  seen the directors cut Merewyn, but I bet it is as good as you say. 

your signature makes me want to go read my Dragonfly in Amber...I am almost done with it... wink.gif

Slainte smile.gif

What amazed me by the director's cut Rindy, is how different it is. I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't seen the film since last July or what, but it seemed quite different.

Are you enjoying Dragonfly? It's such a wonderful book in the series. I do love me some Jamie Fraser. wink.gif I only have a few chapters of Fiery Cross yet to read and I'm dreading finishing it. Oh well, I guess I'll survive until DG's next book comes out this fall... tongue.gif

Merewyn, I too love Jamie..don't we all..LOL. I have the other books stored in my dresser so if another series comes out this fall I need to hurry up. Just the size of the Fiery Cross is scary.

Take care
Mairi
PMEmail Poster               
Merewyn 
  Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Coppell, TX

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 27-Apr-2005, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (Merewyn @ 27-Apr-2005, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 26-Apr-2005, 11:21 PM)
I loved King Arthur.  I haven't  seen the directors cut Merewyn, but I bet it is as good as you say. 

your signature makes me want to go read my Dragonfly in Amber...I am almost done with it... wink.gif

Slainte smile.gif

What amazed me by the director's cut Rindy, is how different it is. I don't know if it was the fact that I hadn't seen the film since last July or what, but it seemed quite different.

Are you enjoying Dragonfly? It's such a wonderful book in the series. I do love me some Jamie Fraser. wink.gif I only have a few chapters of Fiery Cross yet to read and I'm dreading finishing it. Oh well, I guess I'll survive until DG's next book comes out this fall... tongue.gif

Merewyn, I too love Jamie..don't we all..LOL. I have the other books stored in my dresser so if another series comes out this fall I need to hurry up. Just the size of the Fiery Cross is scary.

Take care
Mairi

The Outlander series are some of the best books I've ever read. Don't let the size of Fiery stop you from reading it! It's a fantastic book! The next book is entitled A Breath of Snow and Ashes and can be pre ordered on Amazon.com. It'll be available in stores on 9/27/05.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image

"Dinna be afraid," he said softly. "There's two of us now." ~Jamie Fraser~
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

For the umpteenth time, I'm watching Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets on DVD.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Mike!! How can you be watching it and telling us your watching it.. laugh.gif Your one of those mutli task people aren't cha? I don't know if I ever saw that one. I was just so into LOTR I couldn't get into Harry Potter. How many times have you seen it?

Merewyn thanks for the info on the next book.. Hope I can get the others read before the new one.

I am wishing there would be a movie of this Jamie Fraser..

nehtar I thought the movie was ok. I had seen better....

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 28-Apr-2005, 05:41 PM)
Hi Mike!! How can you be watching it and telling us your watching it.. laugh.gif Your one of those mutli task people aren't cha? I don't know if I ever saw that one. I was just so into LOTR I couldn't get into Harry Potter. How many times have you seen it?

I mean it's in my DVD player right now. I'm not actually watching it biggrin.gif .

I've lost count how many times I've watched my Harry Potter DVDs.
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Apr-2005, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 28-Apr-2005, 05:41 PM)
I mean it's in my DVD player right now. I'm not actually watching it biggrin.gif .

I've lost count how many times I've watched my Harry Potter DVDs.

If LOTR wasn't so darn long I would watch them more...Kind of like Braveheart..Guess I might have ADHD....LOL!!
Have a good evening...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 01:15 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Rindy, I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies either. I was always so big of a LOTR fan too. I always say one day I am going to sit down and watch all three extended versions but never do. Btw, they are in pre-production on a movie from the Outlander series..........so your wish for Jamie Fraser may be coming before you know it! wink.gif

Since my computer was down all week, I had plenty of time to watch movies on HBO.

The Secret Window with Johnny Depp...............shocking ending!
Jane Eyre................wonderful movie!
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...........the movie was just too wierd for me.
Sommersby.................another wonderful movie!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Apr-2005, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

I started watching Backdraft on DVD yesterday. Very good with the audio going through my stereo. biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 01-May-2005, 02:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 30-Apr-2005, 01:21 PM)
I started watching Backdraft on DVD yesterday. Very good with the audio going through my stereo. biggrin.gif thumbsup.gif

"Backdraft" is one of my (MANY!) favorite movies...thank you for mentioning it; I think it's time to watch it again! cool.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-May-2005, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 01-May-2005, 03:04 AM)
"Backdraft" is one of my (MANY!) favorite movies...thank you for mentioning it; I think it's time to watch it again! cool.gif

(in my best Beavis voice, which isn't very good-I'm better at imitating Butthead)

FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! naughty.gif

Actually, my dad used to go by the former Chicago Fire Department station that they filmed some of the scenes in on his way to work.

They used a station that had been recently closed (they built a new one a few blocks away) so as not to displace the real firefighters. There is one by my house that is like that one. They're building a new one about a block away. I hope that when they move into their new digs, they don't tear down the old one. It's a nice looking building.

Also, I used to work with this one woman. Either her dad or her uncle was a retired captain from the CFD and he was the technical director for the movie.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 01-May-2005, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Last night I saw 13 going on 30. It was a really cute movie. Good chic flick! laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Saw Sahara yesterday.
Really enjoyed it!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-May-2005, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

This weekend, I rented Blade Trinity, the third in the Blade trilogy. The title character, played by Wesley Snipes, is what the Vampire Nation calls a "Daywalker". His mother was bitten by a vampire when she was pregnant with him. He inheirited all of their strengths, but none of their weaknesses. Hence the term "Daywalker".

Anyway, Blade is a vampire hunter. His favorite weapons are his sword, which is made of silver, and guns with silver hollow-point bullets filled with garlic. In the first Blade, he took on a vampire, played by Stephen Dorff, who trying to resurrect a vampire god called La Magra. In the sequel, he teamed up with vampires to take on a species, created by the Vampire Nation, that preyed upon vampires.

In the third (and presumably the last) installment, he teams up with a group of vampire hunters, which include Ryan Reynolds and Jessica Biel drool.gif . Together, they go after a group of vampires, headed by Parker Posey and pro wrestler Triple H (real name: Paul Levesque), who've awoken the progenitor of the vampire race-Dracula.
Rindy 
Posted: 02-May-2005, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 01-May-2005, 02:04 AM)

Just to put my two cents in. I loved backdraft!!!! I should rent it again its been a long time since I've seen it.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]