Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Family Marks Birth Of 15th Child, Haven't they learned how to stop this?
Elspeth 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

EEeekkkk!!!!!!!!

And to think my greatgrandmother had 17, all single births.

As to the comments on children being shortchanged by their parents... As a mother of 4, I have observed that I don't have the same kind of time for the 4th that I had for the 1st, but he feels no lack. He has more loved lavished upon him because he doesn't just get it from his parents, he gets it from his siblings as well. They are very close, play and work together. If I don't have time for him you can believe one of his sisters or brother do. The family of 17 sounds like a family. It isn't just the mom's job to raise the kids, it is a family enterprise. Siblings are there for each other as well. It creates a strong family bond.

There are plusses and minuses to any number of children. These people sound like they are happy and responsible. God Bless Them. I'd rather see a family of 15 well raised children than a family of 2.3 clueless selfish brats who have all the material things they ever could imagine and no sense of what is really important.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Keltic 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (peckery @ May 26 2004, 09:13 AM)
My wife as a life style choice, have decided not to have kids. I don't want to pay for someone elses.

... and your choice is your choice. I don't think that your choice has been judged here.

As for paying for other peoples children, I'm sure that this family doesn't want to pay for other peoples children either. They have enough on their plate. Don't forget that your taxes are paying for every non-homeschooled child in your state.

Education is the largest line item in most state budgets. The average per pupil expenditure in America's public schools is $6,993.

U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics, Digest of Education Statistics, 1996, Table 5.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
silverdragon 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 26-May-2004, 05:25 AM)
EEeekkkk!!!!!!!!

As to the comments on children being shortchanged by their parents... As a mother of 4, I have observed that I don't have the same kind of time for the 4th that I had for the 1st, but he feels no lack. He has more loved lavished upon him because he doesn't just get it from his parents, he gets it from his siblings as well. They are very close, play and work together. If I don't have time for him you can believe one of his sisters or brother do. The family of 17 sounds like a family. It isn't just the mom's job to raise the kids, it is a family enterprise. Siblings are there for each other as well. It creates a strong family bond.

Ditto from my observation of my sister-in-law's family - the older kids help with the younger kids. That's the way a large family works.

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
peckery 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (silverdragon @ 26-May-2004, 02:12 PM)
EEeekkkk!!!!!!!!

Ditto from my observation of my sister-in-law's family - the older kids help with the younger kids. That's the way a large family works.

Exactly. That is not being raised by your parents. It is you being passed off to your older brothers and sisters, with parents micromanaging. (microparenting) A family of 17 to me sounds like a city. A basketball team only has 12 players for God's sake. king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Kassia 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (peckery @ 26-May-2004, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (Keltic @ May 25 2004, 10:32 PM)
Here I am joining Redbud and silverdragon. Any number of wanted children in a loving home is nothing less than a blessing. I have friends who have just had their 11th child and the family doesn't collect a dime from the government. While two income families are sending their 2.3 children off to take advantage of school breakfast programs and subsidized daycare, these people are taking full financial responsibility for their own children.

Peckery... you sound lonely (and perhaps a bit jealous)!!

Oh yeah! Thats me! king.gif

Peckery already has a litter to send to the groomer once a week....he knows whereof he speaks!

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read--Groucho Marx
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 26-May-2004, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 26-May-2004, 07:29 AM)
didn't this use to be the norm a generation or two ago? Dunno why it had to end.

Yes. It was. My father is the oldest boy but one of the middle children of 13. My mother had 4 sisers and herself.
A friend of mine who is slightly younger than I had 20 brotehrs and sisters(some were twins)
and I have another friend with 9 kids.
none of those families relied on wlefare of anykind. They were a burden to society only at all you can eat buffets biggrin.gif

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Well it is Arkansas, the land of Slick willey!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 27-May-2004, 09:02 AM)
Well it is Arkansas, the land of Slick willey!

Perhaps a DNA test is in line king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gtrplr 
Posted: 27-May-2004, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

Perhaps a DNA test is in line

Nah. You're thinking of Kentucky. (If a couple gets married in Kentucky, moves to Tennessee and gets divorced in Mississippi, are they still brother and sister?)

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 28-May-2004, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (peckery @ 26-May-2004, 03:09 PM)
EEeekkkk!!!!!!!!

Exactly. That is not being raised by your parents. It is you being passed off to your older brothers and sisters, with parents micromanaging. (microparenting) A family of 17 to me sounds like a city. A basketball team only has 12 players for God's sake. king.gif

I am taking exception to this. I raise my children. I am their parent. But, my children are better off for being part of a loving family. Knowing they can depend on others besides just me. That is NOT passing them off to others to be raised. I think you are speaking on something here you know nothing about. Why does the fact a couple chose to have a large family bother you so much? What business is it of yours? They didn't ask you for anything did they? You chose not to have any children, they chose to have 15. So what? Is freedom of choice only allowed for those who think like you? When they are living on your doorstep and eating your food, then you have a right to complain.

Sorry, guess I'm in a fiesty mood today.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
peckery 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Elspeth @ 28-May-2004, 07:20 AM)
QUOTE (peckery @ 26-May-2004, 03:09 PM)
EEeekkkk!!!!!!!!

I am taking exception to this. I raise my children. I am their parent. But, my children are better off for being part of a loving family. Knowing they can depend on others besides just me. That is NOT passing them off to others to be raised. I think you are speaking on something here you know nothing about. Why does the fact a couple chose to have a large family bother you so much? What business is it of yours? They didn't ask you for anything did they? You chose not to have any children, they chose to have 15. So what? Is freedom of choice only allowed for those who think like you? When they are living on your doorstep and eating your food, then you have a right to complain.

Sorry, guess I'm in a fiesty mood today.

Let me point something out to you. I am Peckery the Contrarian. I ALWAYS pick the least popular point of view just to stir the pot. If this couple want to have kids until her vagina falls out, what do I care? I'm sure they will all grow up normal, have normal lives, go to great schools,, marry well, and have 20 kids themselves. What couple wouldn't want 400 grandchildren. Thats better than one for every day of the year. That a beautiful thing. I'm sure the grandparents will remember ALL their names, and have special loving relationships with each grand child. Now that I think about it, I'm sure my parents felt cheated because they only had five grandchildren. As they look down from heaven, I hope they can forgive my brother, sisters and me for being slackers. All of you of child bearing age had better get busy before it's to late to replicate. king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 29-May-2004, 10:50 AM)

Sorry, guess I'm in a fiesty mood today. [/QUOTE]
Let me point something out to you. I am Peckery the Contrarian. I ALWAYS pick the least popular point of view just to stir the pot. If this couple want to have kids until her vagina falls out, what do I care?

Has that ever happened???? unsure.gif I'm sure that you would at least care enough to bring me a copy of the news paper with this headline tongue.gif

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I thought those folks are from Illinois and Indiana....
PMEmail Poster               
peckery 
Posted: 29-May-2004, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 29-May-2004, 08:11 PM)
I thought those folks are from Illinois and Indiana....

Georgia, I think king.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 30-May-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

did you hear about the monkey family in lower Slobovia that gave birth to 4 sets--that's right I said 4 sets of 2 headed monkey twins. That's 16 heads total (for those of you who are mathematically challenged - me I just can't spell tongue.gif )

I know it's true (I saw it on a newspaper headline at the grocery) and I was just looking for the Peckery's comments on what the social implications of the macabe occurance may be in the Lower Slobovian simean community may be???? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]