DesertRose 
Posted: 07-Jul-2007, 12:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Just curious how everyone's pets react when the owners go away and return. I have heard some hilarious stories from friends.

My two Shelties weren't too happy when I went to OR for 9 days recently, even though I had a house sitter. Shelties are very loyal to their owners and often get sick when their owners leave. I never put them in a kennel cause I found that to make them worse, emotionally and physicially.

So when I arrived home Sunday morning, Irish, the female gave me the dirtiest look as if to say about time you got home...or worse yet...I liked the house sitter better. I really wasn't sure. unsure.gif But then I heard from the house sitter today that Irish peed on the carpet after I left. Plus, Nikki would not eat after a few days we had left and even after I returned. Even when I did return, he would not eat at first and kept watching my feet as if to see if I was going anywhere. Both seem to be fine now, but they sulked and pouted the first few days after we returned home.

Interested in reading your stories how your pets react when you leave and return home.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 07-Jul-2007, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Because I work at a remote site, I have to board my dogs with a friend for two weeks out of every month. It is just part of the routine of their lives. They are always excited to go over to Mike's, and they are always equally excited to come back home.

You might want to consider leaving your dogs with a sitter from time to time, just to help them become accustomed to it. Then your coming and going and coming back again won't be such a big deal to them.

Taking them to a day care that will give them a chance to interact with other dogs once a week or so should do the trick at least at first. Toss in a weekend getaway with your beloved once a month or so, and before long they won't think twice about being left in the care of others.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 07-Jul-2007, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Very good idea, Swanny. Btw, I love your sig! Many thanks! You always have such great suggestions that I do follow, believe it or not! wink.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Dade Emeraldstone 
Posted: 10-Aug-2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Deer Park(Houston), Texas

male

Georgie treats us being gone 6 hours like 6 days. He'll jump in my arms and attack me with kisses. Haven't been away long enough for a sitter yet.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 30-Oct-2007, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

My little dachshund pouts for days when we leave her.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Finduella 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

When we went to scotland and ireland for a month our 11 year old dog(Sparky) that we never really leave as we take him to dog friendly places when we holiday. He was in a big depression when we got back . he was thrilled to see us and barked at us for about an hour ( fair enough) he didn't really get back to normal untill we took him on his own beach holiday with us . then he was back to normal . i'm dreading leaving him in 2009 but awell
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Only once when he was alive did my cat Meathead really show displeasure at being left alone overnight. I was in a 24 hour across the lake race and when I got home after being up for about 30 hours I flopped down on the couch. Meathead jumped up to what I thought was a welcome home, Well he walked up to my face turned around lifted his tail and passed wind with his butt about 1/2 inch from my nose. What really got me was he didn't jump down but turned his head to look at me and slowly sauntered down and off the couch. Guess I was told.

Camac.

ctbard 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

It's just so hard going away with pets, my husband and I are going away for almost 2 weeks the beginning of May, a friend is going to stay here with the gang, but it's alot of work for someone who works to do that, I have 2 airedales, a pug/bulldog mix and two parrots, I worry so, but their going to be in great hands, not just being fed and cared for but I know they will get the love and attention they need.I'l so lucky to have a friend like that.
But, after I get home, I know we will be shunned by the dales and parrots, not the pug, she's mindless, I went away a few years ago and one of the dales wouldnt even look at me for a few days.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

My dog is just a big puppy. When I come home he runs back and forth from one end of the house to the other jumping a 4 foot coffee table length ways each way. If he has done something wrong while I was gone (rarely now) he will run to the front door and get his front half in the coat closet. He appears to think that if he can not see me I can not see him! As I stated in an earlier post, he is a real piece of work!

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt