Raven 
Posted: 28-Nov-2007, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

feathers ruffled by the fools off key out of time bumbling, the bird scowls stomps his bird foot a little harder and changes from jig to sea shanty clearing his throat he belts out "the diamond is the ship me lads......"

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Perkeo 
Posted: 28-Nov-2007, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,399,191 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Perkeo gets into his pack and pulls out his small traveling bodhran and starts keeping time with the singing.

"Now there is a song I can get into!"

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-Nov-2007, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

"do you mind if i join in? maybe that fool will find his notes to blend with the rest?" sisterknight winks at the antics of the old bird at the bar laugh.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 02-Dec-2007, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,455 Gold!

Hearing the music of one of her favorite sea shanties,,,Leenie stumbles into the pub, while trying to get her eyes adjusted to the dim light. "What an interesting group of people" , she whispers to herself.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 02-Dec-2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Wombats being nocturnal, this is definitely the time of day for one to begin hunting around for some excitement. Nudging open the door to the pub with her nose, she waddles in, sniffs the enticing aroma coming from a small puddle on the floor, and tastes it. "OOOH, this is yummy! And I hear music, too. Methinks this is a good place for wombats. As long as those dancing folks don't stomp on me, that is."

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
sisterknight 
Posted: 03-Dec-2007, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

taking a breather for a swig of her whiskey sisternight notices the two new comers making their way to the bar" welcome friends, either of you play??" note.gif note.gif
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 03-Dec-2007, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Er, well, with these claws it be pretty tough fer us wombats to play any sort of musical instrument except the washboard. wink.gif But I can sing and whistle along to most anything. And watch out when we get to dancing - forget old Flatley with the taps on his shoes! I can clickety-clack with the best of them.
The Wizard of BC 
Posted: 03-Dec-2007, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Victoria, BC

male

The door of the pub swings aside noislessly followed by a thin mist that spreads across the floor.
A dark figure, tall, and draped in a black traveling cloak glides into the room. Upon his head is a tall, pointed and battered hat of darkest blue covered with silver star and moon symbols.
As he strides into the room, the slighyest hint of a blue and white kilt can be seen from inside the folds of his cloak. He scans the room with eyes of ice blue and finding an empty booth near the back of the room he moves slowly, with a nod to all in the room, to the booth and takes a seat with his back to the wall.
The comely barmaid who's eyes and smile have followed the swish of his kilt approaches the wizard and leans over the table to take his request.
"A dram of Glenfarclas 20, with a water side" he speaks. His voice has a deep timbre and with his words a feeling of warmth and comfort spreads around the room like waves.
From his sporran he pulls a long churchwarden pipe. Without needing to light it he draws on the stem and clouds of blue smoke form a halo around his head.

"The pipes, I've come to hear the pipes" he states, and to all in the room it seems they can faintly hear a lone piper playing a lament far away in the hills.

--------------------
Steve Ashton
Owner/Kiltmaker

2nd Laird of Lochcaber
www.freedomkilts.com
"I wear the Kilt because;
Swish + Swagger = Swoon"
leenie 
Posted: 03-Dec-2007, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,455 Gold!

Leenie, slides up on the stool next to Sisterknight...".I only play the Irish rhythm bones"she says smiling...."but boy can I play them"... Swiveling around toward the back of the room she scans the booths until her eyes find the tall, dark man in black...she likes the hint of blue she spies under the table.....Turning to Sisterknight she asks, "What do you know about him?" " I feel as if I've met him before"
The Wizard of BC 
Posted: 04-Dec-2007, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

From over 20 feet away in his booth the Wizard in the kilt looks up from his drink and smils. In a soft voice that neverless carries across the room, not over the music but somehow through it, he said "If we had ever met, I'm sure maam, that I would have remembered".
leenie 
Posted: 04-Dec-2007, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,455 Gold!

Blushing to the roots of her auburn hair, Leenie didn't know what to say or do. She still felt a connection to the stranger. The sound of pipes playing once again drifted through the pub as an eerie mist wafted beneath the door. A compulsion to dance comes over Leenie as she slides off the stool. She dances as she has never danced before, as if no one were watching.......
marti64 
Posted: 04-Dec-2007, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Lady Marti stops tuning her guitar and looks up at the strangers..."Where did they come from" she states out loud.

Lady Marti continues to tune her guitar, and hopes silently that she can keep up with the new music that is filling the pub.

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
tsargent62 
Posted: 05-Dec-2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

*There is a loud hum and a thump coming from the roof. Near the fireplace a small cloud of coloured lights fades into view. A shape forms in the cloud and gradually resolves into a small man with a black face showing eyes and no apparent mouth. He is wearing what looks like a green Roman soldier uniform and a ray gun on his belt*

Greetings Earthlings! My name is Marvin and I'm from Mars. Isn't that wonderful? Hmmm?

Things have changed a bit since I was here last. Last time there were a pair of ravens eating ginger nuts at the bar, a large silver dragon in the corner working on a movie script, a small elf sleeping in another corner, a green lady playing the fiddle next to the bar and a beautiful young witch cozied by the fire.

I have been off exploring the galaxy for the better part of 2 years, but I decided to come back to Earth and try find my old friends. And of course to meet some new ones.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 05-Dec-2007, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

The wary wombat waddles over behind Leenie, not wanting to trust that the newcomer won't use that funny-looking weapon in his hand.

"You'll protect me if he's a meat-eater, won't you?" She looks up at Leenie with her sad little expression, hoping for reassurance. "After all, I just got here and would hate to think that I'm on this guy's menu for dinner."

Wombat was hoping for some drinking and dancing - not worrying about being turned into stew.

scared.gif
The Wizard of BC 
Posted: 05-Dec-2007, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

Through the cloud of pipesmoke two blue eyes watch the dance in the center of the room.
Afraid that any movement or sound will disturb the dance or destroy the look on the ladys' face the Wizard holds himself as relaxed and unmoving as possible. The only hint of his interest is an increase in smoke from the pipe. The eyes never leave to dancer though. They peer, they admire, they almost smile, but they never waver.

His mind is reeling. He must remember this woman. That dance, that body, it is so familiar to him. From somewhere, long, long ago when he was young and still unbent from the world the Wizard feels he must have known this woman. Those arms, those legs, that almost serpentine twist she just did.
But the face is not known to him. Of that he is certian.

The Wizard knows that patience is the only path open to him. Any show of emotion or interest leaves him vulnerable. There have already been ravens, dragons, and wombats in this pub. Other creatures can disguise their appearances. Creatures of immense power.

This woman emanates pure power. But not a power of evil. Oh no, He knows from long experience that the strongest powers are not those of evil. This power comes from her body. From her luminous skin, from her flowing hair, and from the scent of sweat from her exertions. This is the power that willingly ensnares men's souls

From under his breath, in an almost inaudable sigh he says "Oh Damn"!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]