CharlieZahm 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia

male

Thanks all of you---now *I AM BLUSHING*! I appreciate all the kind words.

Amy I would LOVE to make it back to Arizona one day. I love your state, and have spent a good amount of time there. Years ago, about ½ my life ago, I was in an international musical/cultural exchange program called ?Up With People.? I was the singer/guitarist in our group. My particular cast traveled across Europe, Japan, the U.S., and we did the Super Bowl halftime show for the Patriots v. the Bears at the Super Dome in Louisiana in 1986. Anyway, I spent about 10 or 12 weeks learning the show at the University of Arizona, and also touring parts of your state. If I did not live here, I would live in Virginia or Arizona. Say hi to Dolan Ellis for me!

Love you folks, Charlie
http://www.charliezahm.com
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 11-Aug-2005, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Well, that is funny indeed that you've spent time here...even if it was a few years ago. Our winters are just lovely - it is every summer I start thinking..."why haven't I moved away yet?" Just an FYI for you...we actually have 3 Highland Games here, 1) Tucson, 2) Flagstaff and 3) Mesa. I've only been to the Mesa & Flag games both of which are wonderful! Mesa is during February, Flag is in July and Tucson is in November! Gosh, if you felt like coming here for one of those games I am sure they would be honored to have you! Here in AZ we miss out on so many chances to see artists live since most don't make their way over this far or they just go to California. OH well...such is life. Makes me think it would be worth planning a road trip...maybe next year eh?

I've said it before and I'll say it again...we love your music - so thanks for sharing it with us here...you have very loyal fans! Keep sending us the new stuff!!

Cheers!
Amy smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pathough 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Charlie has the most beautiful voice I have ever heard and is a fantastic guitarist! I have every album and they are all wonderful! Amy, it sure would be worth planning a road trip. Hearing Charlie in a live show or festival is an experience you will never forget!
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

[FONT=Geneva][COLOR=Crimson]

Hi pathough...glad to meet ya here on the MB's. I have always heard good things about seeing Charlie Z live and I would really like to. I may have to plan a little trip back east next summer to catch a highland game or festival there and see him that way. I've never been to the east coast (except for New York once a few years ago) so that would be a vacation in and of itself! I am going to order the cd Among the Heather and am excited about that one! It is really nice here at CR because you can listen to music before you go an buy it - I really like that! Well...have a lovely weekend!

Amy smile.gif
pathough 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Amy, Among the Heather is a terrific album, I'm sure you will enjoy it! Not only does it have some great Celtic and Maritime songs, but also "If Ever I Would Leave You" from Camelot. Just wait till you hear that!
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 20-Aug-2005, 06:40 PM)

Hi pathough...glad to meet ya here on the MB's. I have always heard good things about seeing Charlie Z live and I would really like to. I may have to plan a little trip back east next summer to catch a highland game or festival there and see him that way. I've never been to the east coast (except for New York once a few years ago) so that would be a vacation in and of itself! I am going to order the cd Among the Heather and am excited about that one! It is really nice here at CR because you can listen to music before you go an buy it - I really like that! Well...have a lovely weekend!

Amy smile.gif

Why wait til next year??? Charlie is playing at Bethlehem Celtic Classic next month. Annabelle started a new thread on the "Festival" threads, with the info there. Fly into Lehigh Valley International (ABE) and stay the weekend. The airport is 6 miles from downtown Bethlehem where the fest is being held and there are plenty of hotels to stay at in the area.

http://www.lvia.org/

http://www.lvia.org/info_booth/local_accom.html

This is the largest Celtic Festival in North America. The possibility of 400,000 people attending this event this year, is very good.

I know where I'll be. Taking pictures of Charlie and saying hello to him after the shows.

OH YEA!!! Annabelle will probably want to be in the pictures with Charlie. laugh.gif She's such a groupie!!!
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

oops.gif Actually, Annabelle posted under the "Music" thread, not the "Festival" thread.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 20-Aug-2005, 06:40 PM)

Amy smile.gif

Amy, looks like you can be on a plane at 6 AM out of PHX and be at Allentown by 3:30 Eastern time. Catch a nap at the hotel and be ready for the Friday evening show with the Glengarry Bhoys. Then you can go to all of Charlie's shows all day Saturday and in-between, check out some of the great vendors and other bands playing.

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 21-Aug-2005, 04:23 PM)
Amy, looks like you can be on a plane at 6 AM out of PHX and be at Allentown by 3:30 Eastern time. Catch a nap at the hotel and be ready for the Friday evening show with the Glengarry Bhoys. Then you can go to all of Charlie's shows all day Saturday and in-between, check out some of the great vendors and other bands playing.

beer_mug.gif

Hey A Shrule Egan

WoW!! You have done your research! Hummm, I've never been to Penn - that might be a fun treat...and my birthday is 9 Sept so it could be like a birthday present to myself...hum....I'll have to think about that.

I did look up the site for the Celtic Classic - it is SO much larger than anything we have here...Boy, I would have to do some fast planning. I like the Glenngary Bhoys too. It would be interesting just to see a Celtic Festival that big! I'll have to think about that!

So are there alot of CR members that go to that one? I'd feel like a lost soul going there and not knowing anyone... unsure.gif
amy wink.gif
pathough 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Amy, I'll be at the Celtic Classic...I'll meet you there!
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Welp...I guess I'll have to consider this one..my daughter thinks I should go (but she is trying to talk me into letting her go to a Folk Festival in San Fran in Oct to see her fav folk artist Patty Griffin). I better look into where to stay...how big is Bethlehem or is there a near by town to stay in? Better pull up Google and check into this... I think I could use an adventure!!!
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Amy, Most of the hotels that are on that list that say they are located on Airport Rd., are within a half mile of the airport. They are all just north of the Allentown-Bethlehem so-called city limits. Bethlehem, itself is rather small. Most of the buildings in the downtown section, are 3-4 stories high. Most are rather old, from the early 1800's. Can't remember which of the Bethlehem threads I posted some pictures of the old buildings on but if you can find it, that will give you some idea of the town.

The Hilton Gardens, near the airport is very nice and has an indoor heated pool and hot tub. Want to take a guess where we are staying? biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hummm...I could venture a guess! I am from Arizona - I could not even imagine the need for a heated pool. Was out in the pool today and it was 90F. What is the weather like there? Just in case I can come...it is pants weather yet or still shorts?? I am doing my research now... smile.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Weather is still rather nice that time of September. We were all wearing shorts and some were wearing kilts.. I know I got a bit sunburn on Saturday. We had to take a few hikes to the Bethlehem Brewery to cool off. beer_mug.gif

Wouldn't hurt to bring a light jacket.
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 22-Aug-2005, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Good thing a light jacket will do as that is all I have!!! biggrin.gif So is this really a 3 day affair? Fri, Sat and Sun? or is Friday more of a 'day before the party' sort of party?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]