> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Jp... That is our cold winter months--usually below zero most of it..

That is so neat you found that memorial.. that is kind of freaky huh?

Have a great day everyone..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Keltic @ 22-Oct-2005, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (oldraven @ 20-Oct-2005, 11:53 AM)
I lost my wedding ring on Saturday. sad.gif

Looks like I'm going to be a repeat KelticNations consumer.

Hey Or,

Although generally good for business, I don't like hearing this. I just had someone order their 4th wedding band. Anyways, you know where to find me if you need a replacement. We'll work something out for you. I've been working my butt off on some new designs. In the last couple of months, I've carved 11 new necklaces which will hopefully be ready to post within the next month.

Greg

Well, I had always planned on being a repeat customer, but not with the same purchase. sad.gif 4th!!!! Let's hope I have better luck than that. If I can't find it within the next week, I'll be getting in touch with you.

As for everyone that asked, I suppose that answered your questions. Good thing my head is screwed on.

CR, you sound like you've got quite the event coming. smile.gif Let us know how the trip goes.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!!!

I'm over here at my folks house again.

Oh man, I am excited now. Only two more wins for my White Sox. I'm trying to keep my emotions in check though. I think the Astros will take two of three in Houston. I predict the Sox will take the Series four games to two.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 24-Oct-2005, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hey, Mike!
Good to see you.

Yeah, sure -- I'll root for the White Sox. Anything that makes you that happy, I'm for it. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Rindy @ 24-Oct-2005, 10:58 AM)

Slainte smile.gif

Rindy - the funny thing is, she called her sister (my old girlfriend) and she remembered me! After something like 32 years!!
(wait a minute, how does she remember me? In a good way or bad way?? sad.gif )

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, a town nearby us yesterday had snow showers! No accumulation though.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 25-Oct-2005, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Rindy @ 24-Oct-2005, 10:58 AM)

Slainte smile.gif

Rindy - the funny thing is, she called her sister (my old girlfriend) and she remembered me! After something like 32 years!!
(wait a minute, how does she remember me? In a good way or bad way?? sad.gif )

laugh.gif

Oh yeah, a town nearby us yesterday had snow showers! No accumulation though.

Jp- that is so neat....you must not have changed much after 32 years..I bet its a in a good way that she remembers you wink.gif

Well no snow here today.. I have been really busy trying to get all of the last things done before winter is here..

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.. And Celtic Rose and SB hope your having the time of your lifes..really...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 26-Oct-2005, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I did a post the other day a nice long one but my computer froze and it didn't post. I hope everyone is well. We had our first frost in the North GA Mountains. Fall is one of favorite seasons. Spring is the other.

I'm done with the games until next spring. So my life should be settling down some. I'm still dancing. We have a social the first Saturday of November. I always enjoy the socials. I get to wear my tartan and dance dance dance.

Cheyenne is still doing well with her lessons. She will start on the pipes by March. I still love the pipes. Even when she is practicing. I am proud of her, how many kids want to learn to play the bagpipes? I can tell you not many 15 year olds that I know of.

We celebrated Cheys birthday this past weekend. Her birthday was the 6th but with the games we couldn't have a party. So we had it this last weekend. She had 6 girls over and we went to see Corpse Bride. I put them in our camping trailer (it a 35 footer) and they stayed up watching movies. The next day they went horseback riding. Of course. My daughter has to include her horse in her parties.

I bet SB and CR are having a blast. Hopefully when CR comes down the 3 of us will get together.

Well I have to go
TTFN
Gwen
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Oct-2005, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Gwenlee,
Its so good to hear from you.. I hate it when the computer does that.. I have done that I don't know how many times then I go back and try and re-think what all I said..LOL
You tell Cheyenne to keep up the great work. As you say its not everyone that wants to do that.. the ones that do have a wonderful talent..you tell her Happy Birthday too..sounds like they had fun..
That's a big trailer..

I am sure missing SB and CR.. When you three get together you have fun for me too..

Hope you get a chance to write again soon..

Good evening everybody- where has the day gone?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Still no rings, but life goes on.

Coira has begun her role as 'carrier'. On her very first public outing, she managed to get sick, and in turn give every other human in the house the cold as well. Angela has started taking Coira to Aquatots, which is a place for Mums and Babes to play with other Mums and Babes at the local rec center pool. It's setup like a class, but really, it's just a play date.

Anyway, a few days of sniffles and a lazy autumn afternoon on tuesday (took the day off, which hasn't happened in a while) and we're all pretty much over it. smile.gif Looking forward to the next round, which I'm sure is very soon. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hi, all! It is the best October weather I have seen in New York since I have been here (20 years). It is much more like October back home whern I was a kid, in Rhode Island -- really crisp and nippy, and windy.

Mike -- your Sox brought it home! I bet you're feeling like a million right now. laugh.gif

Wow, gwenlee! Another new piper in the works! here's never too many. I wish her all the luck and perseverance she could ask for, getting started.

Picked up a Cetic Christmas CD (Windham Hill) and Geroge Winston winter solstice recording, for 3 bucks each today. Now I want to play them right away, instead of waiting for the season.

Yep, Oldraven, your darling little disease vector has kicked in. Good reason for everyone to really tone up their health habits and build resistence. Hope all the sniffles pass as gently as those did.

happy.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Congrats to MDF and his Sox!

toot.gif

Say, has anyone beeen checking the police reports from Arizona, to see if a couple of crazy women have been arrested for carrying on too much?? laugh.gif
(I am sure CR and SB are having a good time!)

There better be pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey all!!!

Thank you for all the congratulations. wub.gif

Last night was the best night of my life. I didn't go out to any of the local bars. I don't need a DUI following me around, so I just stayed home and had a couple of beers.

I was so happy I cried. When the Sox won I called my friend Nathan, who lives in Virginia and is as big a Cubs fan as I am a White Sox fan and left a voicemail singing a very off-key rendition of "We Are The Champions" by Queen. After that, I opened my windows and door and blared the aforementioned song (I have both Classic Queen and Queen's Greatest Hits ) . I then grabbed a beer, went outside and raised my can to every passing car & truck, of which most drivers were in a celebratory mood.

I talked to Nathan today. He called and congratulated me. I told him that next year may be the Cubs' year. Last year, the Red Sox laid to rest the curse of the Bambino (they hadn't won since they traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees). This year, the White Sox ended the "Black Sox" curse (in 1919, eight White Sox players took money from gamblers to throw the World Series and hadn't won since). The Cubs have the billy goat curse. In 1925, the founder of the famous Billy Goat Tavern (think "Cheezborger, cheezborger, cheezborger" from the old "Saturday Night Live" skits) wanted to bring his goat to a World Series game against Detroit. He was refused admission and the Cubs haven't won since 1908.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 27-Oct-2005, 09:24 AM)
Still no rings, but life goes on.

Coira has begun her role as 'carrier'. On her very first public outing, she managed to get sick, and in turn give every other human in the house the cold as well. Angela has started taking Coira to Aquatots, which is a place for Mums and Babes to play with other Mums and Babes at the local rec center pool. It's setup like a class, but really, it's just a play date.

Anyway, a few days of sniffles and a lazy autumn afternoon on tuesday (took the day off, which hasn't happened in a while) and we're all pretty much over it. smile.gif Looking forward to the next round, which I'm sure is very soon. rolleyes.gif

I'm assuming your local park district also has a big play date thing called "Moms & Tots" or something like that. My sister's kids used to look forward to that on Thursdays.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 08:15 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Mike!!!

And yes, I DO know how you feel - our Red Sox were there last year (after lifetimes of nothing!) and we were all on the Moon, too! Enjoy your Sox, celebrate to high Heaven, and yell all you want!! toot.gif w00t2.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif band.gif laugh.gif

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Oct-2005, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good evening everyone! Hope you had a really swell day... mine was very nice.

OR-glad you all are feeling better. I think Aquatots is such a cute name.. are you ready for Halloween? I am not sure I am.

Stoirmeil I think that is a fantastic price for the CD.. I would want to play it also. I am kind of in the mood for Christmas already. Not sure why. May be due to having some snow already..

Jp-funnyLOL laugh.gif CR and SB- are probably in for locked up for life..for having such a good time. I agree, hope they have some pictures and nothing but good stories to share with us.

CONGRATS MIKE YES YES YES SOX SOX SOX!!! "singing We are the champions to Nathan.." lol... Ahh to feel the feeling of victory is sweet yes?

Well good- night everyone. I hope to see you tomorrow.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]