Posted: 28-Jan-2009, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Ontario Canada

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 26-Jan-2009, 09:10 AM)

In the eyes of anyone younger that you, you qualify as an "Old Fart" so wear the honourarium with pride.

As I have yet to reach the offical Senior Citizen status age wise I will wear the tag with pride and bestow my wisdom gathered through life experience on my grandaughter Grace, my soon to be born grandbaby my son and daughter inlaw will be having and Graces sibling to be born this August.
wheelchair.gif

--------------------
The Scots of course insist that the pipes produce music. But the point is after all not too important. For those who love them, the pipes can evoke more vividly than any other instrument, high emotion, they can inspire valor, and tell of tragic tales of battles long ago. They can call forth merriment or sentiment. It does not matter what the sound is called, those who are deaf to its merits would not understand anyway.
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 28-Jan-2009, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

piobmhorpiper;

My friend , a word to the wise. Don't tell anybody your a senior and when your card arrives from Ottawa hide it deep in you wallet to be extracted only in a dire emergency. When people find out your a senior their whole attitude changes especially that of your offspring. They start to treat you like you have one foot in the grave the other on a banana peel and that you are in the advanced stages of senility and can't think for yourself. When you protest they come back with "Now Dad watch your Blood Pressure" or "are you sure you took your meds." and my favourite "Dad you know we love you and we are just looking out for you" Give me a break. It's guilt because they ignored you for all those years thinking they were smarter.

Camac rolleyes.gif angel_not.gif laugh.gif

Faerydreamer 
Posted: 28-Jan-2009, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I am only in my mid 40s but there are days that I feel 80+. I have had so many health issues including a stroke six years ago.

I have to laugh or all I want to do is sit and cry. The laughter is a lot better and makes me feel better so I think that I will laugh everyday to help me stay healthier.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 28-Jan-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Faerydreamer @ 28-Jan-2009, 12:27 PM)
I am only in my mid 40s but there are days that I feel 80+. I have had so many health issues including a stroke six years ago.

I have to laugh or all I want to do is sit and cry. The laughter is a lot better and makes me feel better so I think that I will laugh everyday to help me stay healthier.

Laughter is better than medicine!! I try to make my daily stops with new jokes for all. Laughter has kept me going for 18 to 20 years.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 29-Jan-2009, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

I have to agree, laughter is the best medicine you can take so let me try to make you laugh, stop me if you've heard this before;

I was in the livingroom watching TV when my wife came into the room asked me what was on the TV and I said dust!....and then the fight started!
starwars.gif

We were out looking at new cars and my said she wanted something that would do 140 in les than 5 seconds....so I bought her a bathroom scale.......and then the fight started! bash.gif
piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 06-Feb-2009, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Two old farts, one 80 and one 87, were sitting on their
usual park bench one morning.

The 87 year old had just finished his morning jog and wasn't
even short of breath.

The 80 year old was amazed at his friend's stamina and asked
him what he did to have so much energy.

The 87 year old said, "Well, I eat rye bread every day. It
keeps your energy level high and you'll have great stamina with the ladies."

So, on the way home, 80 year old stops at the bakery. As
he was looking around, the lady asked if he needed any help.
He said "Do you have any Rye bread?"

She said, "Yes, there's a whole shelf of it. Would you like some?"

He said, "I want 5 loaves."

She said, "My goodness, 5 loaves ... by the time you get
to the 3rd loaf, it'll be hard."

He replied, "I can't believe it, everybody knows about this pooh but me."

valpal59 
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Thought this was great.

Val

A very self-important college freshman attending a recent football
game, took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting
next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to
understand his generation. "You grew up in a different world,
actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for
many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up
with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon,
our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric
and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing and,"
pausing to take another drink of beer.

The Senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and
said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we
were young........so we invented them. Now,
you arrogant little pooh,
what are you doing for the next generation?"

The applause was resounding...

I love senior citizens

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Camac
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

valpal59;

Good one, for I have met some of these pompous pooh.gif and they don't get it. It is the duty and obligation for each generation to make the world better for those that follow.

Camac.

valpal59 
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Camac,
I knew you would enjoy it. I thought of you the minute I started reading it. thumbs_up.gif

Val
Camac
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

valpal59;

I can remember when (here we go) I was growing up that if I got cocky or smartass to my elders I got clouted in the head. Sometimes when I come across this type of young person it takes me all my will power not to haul of and give then one.

Camac.

PS. Even though I'm Canadian we have something in common. My oldest daughter is a Texan, born in San Antonio.

valpal59 
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

QUOTE (Camac @ 08-Feb-2009, 10:39 AM)
valpal59;

I can remember when (here we go) I was growing up that if I got cocky or smartass to my elders I got clouted in the head. Sometimes when I come across this type of young person it takes me all my will power not to haul of and give then one.

Camac.

PS. Even though I'm Canadian we have something in common. My oldest daughter is a Texan, born in San Antonio.

Same here. My mom would still be sitting in jail for all of the discipline she gave us back then. I think we turned out O.K. wink.gif My grandmother had a razor strap that she used. I only had it used on me once and made sure I never did anything that was bad enough to get it again.

Val
Camac
Posted: 08-Feb-2009, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

valpal59;

With me it was the wooden spoon. Hell I turned out OK at least in the most part. Any time my girls deserved a spanking it was alway on the backside ( never bare) and it was 3 smacks and it was over. My oldest Paula just had to be threatened with a spanking and she fell apart. The youngest Shannon on the other hand would look at you after her 3 whacks as if to say is that the best you can do. Never cried in fact refused to cry. Feisty little booger. Love her.

Camac.

piobmhorpiper 
Posted: 09-Feb-2009, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

My brother and I woud drive my mother to maddnes. We always got, wait till your father gets home! Boy did we get it then. Eventually Dad got tired of the phone calls at work about his disobedient sons that heleft my mother with one of his belts. She hung it on the refridgeratior door as a constant reminder of what was to come if we acted up. We also got the swat to head on rare occasions.
My wife grew up with the paddle so that's how we raised our kids. Never had to use it much. Just touch a kid now a days and see where you end up. Corporal punishment has it's place to reinforce order, respect, and discipline if used properly.
My brother and turned out ok and my kids also.
Camac
Posted: 09-Feb-2009, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

piobmhorpiper;

I never got "wait til your father comes home" my Mom was the main disciplinarian. If had a nickle for every wooden spoon that she broke on me I'd own Canada. I agree a little corporal punishment applied properly doesn't hurt and helps show that there is alway consequences for ones actions. The more serious the action the more serious the consequence. I was an only child but my cousin Patricia was raised with me and she was more like a sister. The thing is that my Dad didn't believe in spanking girls so she'd do the crime and I did the time. Well I guess we Old Farts grew up in a different time maybe in someways a better time. At least we were taught respect and discipline. Nowadays I just don't know about a lot of these young folk. They do not even respect themselves let alone others and seem to think that they are owed something. Ther is an old quote running around in my head and I can't remember who said but it goes something like this. " the youth of today are selfish, unmanner, and undisciplined and I fear for the future of society" as I said I can't rember who said but I do know it was said by a Greek Philosopher around 400 BCE.

Camac.

flora 
Posted: 12-Feb-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

An old Scotsman was watching a game of golf for the first time.

" What do you think of it ?" asked a friend.

" It looks to me, " was the reply, " like a harmless little ball chased by men too old to chase anything else."

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]