Posted: 17-Jul-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I heard at the news ,here in Quebec , a new law is coming for people who have difficulties to make child .The state will pay for three attempt in fertility clinic .

It's a good news of course but their is also a bad side.The actual delay for private clinic (the one I check)is three to six month of waiting before you can have your first appointment.

Worst then that , I remember this women in the newspaper she was pregnant of 7 months and can't be follow by a doctor.She wasn't able to find one.

My best friend lived the same situation.At 2 months of pregnancy , her pregnancy was too advanced so they can take her .Hopefully she was follow by a midwife in a birth's house(not sūre of how to translate maison des naissances).It was a beautiful experience but when she was looking for doctor and did not find one,she start to panic.How do you manage that when you don't have one?

We already don't have enough doctor , what will happend with more pregnant women?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Camac
Posted: 17-Jul-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Nancy-Raven;

It was on CTV News the other night about that and it seems Ontario is considering doing the same. The problem is polls show that about 80% of Ontarians don't want the Government to pay for it. The Health system is stuggling for money now why add to the load.

Camac

LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 17-Jul-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Hi everyone...been a while but I happened to see that subject and also noticed that Nancy-Raven is from Quebec.

Well welcome to CelticRadio and to this forum Nancy, I am from the province of Quebec also. And I've read about this news in the papers last week...yes it is unfortunate that our healthcare system is so poorly managed but it is the same all over the world it seems except in Cuba, where they have the best doctors and healthcare system in the world.

Still we should not complain so much as many countries don't even have a healthcare system at all. Our American friends had to pay for their health services and some to the point of bankrupcy...though I agree that many don't even have a family doctor and it could be a problem for the women who will go to fertility clinics ... what I wonder is though...if one is going to an infertility clinic in order to get pregnant then how come there are no doctors there to do the follow ups in the following months of their pregnancy?

To me I think that it's about time that the government gets involved. Too many women just don't have the funds to pay for private clinics.

I do not follow on the story of that woman you are describing Nancy.

And the fact that we don't have enough doctors is due mostly because all the graduate move out of the country for practice elsewhere for better wages and better working conditions. If the governement would manage the system better this would not happen...in my opinion.

Though I do not have children of my own...I can understand a woman who can't and wish to but have to go to private clinics and if the results are positive then if the government is ready to pay for 3 attempts than they should provide the doctors services as well.

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt