phalloran 
Posted: 14-Nov-2005, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: New York City

male

Just wanted to let anyone in the New York area know the lineup has been set for Irish Rock Fest in December. I've copied the info the promoters sent us below. Along with our band Ceann, Icewagon Flu, the Screaming Orphans and a truly amazing paddy rock band called The Kissers from Wisconsin will be playing as well. It should be a fun night, I'm sure all the bands hope you can make it.

IRISH ROCK FEST
CELEBRATING OUR 1-YEAR ANNIVERSARY

JIVIN? JONES IRISH ROCK FESTIVAL RETURNS TO CONNOLLY?S, NYC, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2ND AT 9 PM

On Friday, December 2nd, at 9 PM, Jivin? Jones Records presents the Jivin? Jones Irish Rock Festival music series, featuring The Kissers, The Screaming Orphans, Ceann na Caca, and Icewagon Flu.
The Jivin? Jones Irish Rock Festival was founded in December 2004 with inaugural events spanning both sides of the Hudson river. One night in Hoboken, NJ and one night in New York City. It was designed to showcase the disparate styles of Irish rock music that have been developing across the globe and pervading the underground music scene for more than a decade. The festival has returned three times since and has,featured the Irish jig-punk of The Prodigals, the rockabilly celtic-raucousness of Lancaster County Prison, the psycho-cealidh music of Neck, the quirk-pop celtic-americana of Icewagon Flu, the Irish-American punk of The Ruffians, and the fast Irish music of The McCabes, Jackdaw, The Peelers, The Pubcrawlers, and more.
The Festival has found a permanent home at Connolly?s, 121 West 45th Street, (the home of Black ?47) where it is a regular music series featuring the best Irish rock bands from around the globe and works to expand the genre of Celtic influenced rock music.
December?s installment features:
THE KISSERS Hailing from Madison, Wisconsin, The Kissers run the musical gamut from political satirists, to social commentators, to all out party madmen (and madwomen). Their music is a blend of traditional Irish music and American roots rock complete with accordion, fiddle, banjo, and a mean Rickenbacker bass. In the words of bassist/vocalist Ken Fitzsimmons ?we have been moved tremendously by the events of the past few years (and) we like to show people that you can care about these things and have a good time in the process.?
THE SCREAMING ORPHANS The multi-instrumental Diver sisters from County Donegal have etched a place for themselves in the annals of the Irish rock genre. They have traveled the world with Sinead O?Connor, recorded with Joni Mitchell and The Chieftans, and made appearances on the David Letterman Show and Top of the Pops. The band?s talents for songwriting draws on a diverse set of influences from Simon and Garfunkel to REM with a strong focus on melody-driven songs.
CEANN NA CACA This Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania outfit has been described by the Allentown Morning Call as ?one of the funniest bands playing music today? and ?They Might Be Giants drunk on Guinness? by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Their latest release Almost Irish pokes fun at the all too popular theme in Irish music of Americans pretending to be Irish, which supports their self-described ?Yankee-Drinking Music? sound.
ICEWAGON FLU continue to blur the lines between Celtic-Americana rock and intellectual musical mischief with mandolin, tin whistles, kazoos, drums and some very witty and genre defying song writing. Described as one part XTC, and one part Mr. Bungle with an inner Willie Nelson, they have released a 5 song EP mixed by Mitch Easter, Mr. Norman, a 16 track disc of live performances, Take One, as well as their full length debut album, Trouble has a Car. Time Out NY has hailed them as ?the kings of nerd rock international,? and the Irish Voice says, ?their live act is great fun.?
For tickets and more information, please visit www.irishrockfest.com.

Event Information
Friday, December 2nd, 2005, 9 PM
JIVIN? JONES IRISH ROCK FEST
Connolly?s, 121 West 45th Street (between 6th Ave. & Broadway)
The Kissers, The Screaming Orphans, Ceann na Caca, Icewagon Flu

Ticket Information
Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 day-of-show. Advance tickets can be purchased at irishrockfest.com. Age 21+
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Nov-2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a really great time.. Let us know how it all goes..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 16-Nov-2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (phalloran @ 14-Nov-2005, 08:32 PM)

CEANN NA CACA This Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania outfit has been described by the Allentown Morning Call as ?one of the funniest bands playing music today? and ?They Might Be Giants drunk on Guinness? by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Wicked! I'm there already -- I can turn this into my birthday party.

Does this band's name mean what I think it does? laugh.gif Spot me, Wiz -- does it?
PMEmail Poster               
phalloran 
Posted: 16-Nov-2005, 04:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: New York City

male

Sadly, the name probably means exactly what you think. We were only going to play one show in 1999 and now it's our jobs and the name is the name. For the most part we're just known as Ceann now. But all of our old fans still know.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Nov-2005, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

phalloran its not that bad! I have heard much worse..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt