Patch 
Posted: 30-Sep-2008, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I personally opt not to own slaves and it is also illegal. However, I do not delude myself into thinking I can stop slavery. It will exist until the end of time.

Slàinte,    

Patch

The "Keating Five" included McCain and a Bush!        
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 30-Sep-2008, 07:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 30-Sep-2008, 04:37 PM)
I personally opt not to own slaves and it is also illegal.  However, I do not delude myself into thinking I can stop slavery.  It will exist until the end of time.

Slàinte,    

Patch

Well how benevolent of you…to opt…not to own slaves. Well I think that that kind of thinking, is a problem.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I think it is pretty d-mn benevolent! We have people in this country who do (The Asian workforce in the restaurant business comes to mind) and and it is fairly common practice around the world.

Slàinte,    

Patch      

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 30-Sep-2008, 09:30 PM)
I personally opt not to own slaves and it is also illegal.  However, I do not delude myself into thinking I can stop slavery.  It will exist until the end of time.

Slàinte,    

Patch

Well how benevolent of you…to opt…not to own slaves. Well I think that that kind of thinking, is a problem.

Talking about it and doing nothing is a problem too! Personally I have quit supporting the three Chinese restaurants locally who bring employees here to work for room, board and some clothing,

Slàinte,    

Patch

PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

offtopic.gif I think we are. wink.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 30-Sep-2008, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (Jillian @ 30-Sep-2008, 06:09 AM)
Remember...there was a time when caucasians were also sold as slaves on the open market, and that's not including indentured servitude. Man...all men, should look in the mirror and ask themselves what they are doing to care for their fellow man. We can't keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Jillian

Exactly…slavery is slavery…no matter what. And we are all guilty.
JC

My family never owned the first slave, even the part of it from VA. My family fought with the North wich ultimately ended slavery and I can find no record where my family oppressed any Native Americans! I posted a poem on liberty and freedom (what our elections are about) and slavery was picked from it. We have neighbors who have a Native population that is doing worse than ours. Especially to the south!

Slàinte,    

Patch 

PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 02-Oct-2008, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 30-Sep-2008, 09:30 PM)

Slàinte,    

Patch

Talking about it and doing nothing is a problem too! Personally I have quit supporting the three Chinese restaurants locally who bring employees here to work for room, board and some clothing,

Slàinte,    

Patch

Is that to imply that I’m all talk, and no action, (when I see an injustice of any kind, much less slavery)? If so, let me ask you. Other then not buying Chinese food anymore, or possibly serving in WW2, (which in my mind was our last just war). When was the last time you held a protest sign, or marched within arms length of miss guided law enforcement, or armed troops in riot gear?
Well I’m proud to say that I marched on Washington three times now, since this lying bunch of fascist’s crooks stole the last election, I’ve also marched in Newark, and twice in New York City. Why once, I even ran down and caught a purse thief, single handedly. So kindly don’t be implying that I’m all talk.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I suspect most of us have done good deeds. In discussing slavery, your suggestion was I did nothing, and I have! (one of the restaurants closed and left town) The others are feeling the pinch since "we" made it known where the employees came from and how they were/were not reimbursed for their labors. Our Constitution was amended to end the practice of slavery. I do not see either major party taking an interest in slavery issues in America today. Further, slavery also takes the form of "severe" under employment. That would include those who through social position or ethnicity can not find employment that pays a living wage!

The "Constitution Party" (the one I am working for) believes that every citizen has the right to pursue the American dream! The Constitution does not guarantee that we will have the American dream bestowed upon us, only that we have the opportunity to pursue it!

Slàinte,    

Patch       

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The AP released their poll figures showing Obama as pulled ahead by 7%. Zogby will probably be more accurate.

Slàinte,    

Patch       

PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 02-Oct-2008, 11:20 AM)
I suspect most of us have done good deeds. In discussing slavery, your suggestion was I did nothing, and I have! (one of the restaurants closed and left town) The others are feeling the pinch since "we" made it known where the employees came from and how they were/were not reimbursed for their labors. Our Constitution was amended to end the practice of slavery. I do not see either major party taking an interest in slavery issues in America today. Further, slavery also takes the form of "severe" under employment. That would include those who through social position or ethnicity can not find employment that pays a living wage!

The "Constitution Party" (the one I am working for) believes that every citizen has the right to pursue the American dream! The Constitution does not guarantee that we will have the American dream bestowed upon us, only that we have the opportunity to pursue it!

Slàinte,    

Patch       

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. I don’t think that I implied that you did nothing about slavery, you’re the one who started the doing nothing thing about me. Frankly, I just had a problem with you choice of words, and I quote you: “I personally opt not to own slaves” (as though you had to think about it). And as to having a restraint closed…I don’t know were you got that?
As to other people not doing good deeds, I’m sure there a lot of people out there, who are not sitting on their hands.
And as to the constitution, I too, try to live by the laws in it, in fact, probably as much as anybody, or even more so then most.
So I'm thinking that we should just let bygones be bygones, on this one.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I would guess there is a misunderstanding. By "opting not to have slaves I indicated that I chose not to engage in that practice though there are people who do. I have always paid a "very fair" wage. I further have no use for people who take advantage of the plight or misfortune of others. THAT is how America got to the point we are at today!! With nothing being done to correct the greed and criminal thinking on either side, we will have accomplished nothing and both Representatives and Senators have indicated that is very real possibility! With McCains talk of the 1 trillion already passed to buy troubled mortgages, 800 billion in this bill and all the money spent on investment bank consolidations I see nearly 3 trillion. That folks could make us all slaves!!

I am not mad at you or anyone else, only presenting my thoughts and Ideas.

I realize that people are a bit tense as this is a scary situation and there is no "rule book". We have never been here before!

Slàinte,    

Patch

PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 02-Oct-2008, 02:27 PM)
With McCains talk of the 1 trillion already passed to buy troubled mortgages, 800 billion in this bill and all the money spent on investment bank consolidations I see nearly 3 trillion.  That folks could make us all slaves!! 

We've aready been sold, some time ago. Now is when they come and solder the neck irons on us and our children.

Yes, yes, off-topic. I know . . .
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Obama was back here in Michiagn today. Only wish they would come to some smaller towns like mine ,would really like to hear him speak not just get bits of what he says on the news. We here vote too.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 02-Oct-2008, 06:31 PM)
Obama was back here in Michiagn today. Only wish they would come to some smaller towns like mine ,would really like to hear him speak not just get bits of what he says on the news. We here vote too.

The last state by state breakdown I saw gave him an easy win of Michigan's Electoral College votes.

Slàinte,    

Patch

PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 02-Oct-2008, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Patch what I meant was small towns. Like Kalmazoo ,Battle Creek and maybe Sturgis He was in Grand Rapids next is up by Detroit. It's not like a lot of people can take a whole day off (which would be nice) with things going like they are right now. Loss of pay for a day gas prices and then there is road work being done on US131 which you'd have to take just to get to Grand Rapids from where I live. Right now there is so many Obama signs up in my area that was a big surprise to me. When there was elections for country sheriff, lots of Republican signs.I just feel that the little towns should get the chance to. Heck CNN came though right off the toll road just because one of the camera guys wanted to eat at one of restaurants down town. Lots of people went just to see that and to ask questions. And trust me down town is not a place you'd want to be since they messed up US12 making it hard to get around.

All I am saying is smaller towns need to be counted to we have questions just like bigger towns do.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]