Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 09-Feb-2004, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

mmh I think you are making a slight mistake there Highlander, Church doesn't quite equal Christianity. You can have a Christian state but the Church itself doesn't have anything to do with that. If you see it like that the "not choosing one church over another" makes more sense I think.

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 14-Feb-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I'm pretty torn to the Gay Marriage subject.

I've got a lot of friends who are Gay in my industry. They are wonderful people. I don't have a problem with their life choices if what they do doesn't hurt me. It's private and their choice.

The other side of the coin is the continuation of homosexuality, drug users and multiple sex partners jeapordizes others as HIV transmittal becomes higher the more it's passed to others. HIV mutates every 90 days. This is one of the reason's that NIH (National Institute of Health) Bethesda, Md has a problem coming up with a cure. When we have a sudden operation we all run a risk no matter how well the blood is typed, checked and screened for a chance of transmittal.

This is the reason I have such mixed emotions concerning this subject. I don't believe morality discussion is important for the here and now. Neither am I worthy to be the judge and jury.
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 16 2004, 02:00 AM)
The other side of the coin is the continuation of homosexuality, drug users and multiple sex partners jeapordizes others as HIV transmittal becomes higher the more it's passed to others. HIV mutates every 90 days. This is one of the reason's that NIH (National Institute of Health) Bethesda, Md has a problem coming up with a cure. When we have a sudden operation we all run a risk no matter how well the blood is typed, checked and screened for a chance of transmittal.

These are not just gay issues they pertain as well to hetrosexual couples as well. rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I would agree with you too, Scottish 2! These are issues that pertain to everyone, regarding race, sexual preference, etc.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I agree... it's not only homosexuals that catch HIV. In Düsseldorf there was a huge scandal about infected blood conserves and that the donors have not been checked.
The HI Virus can be slowed down considerably. It is a long process and it envolves alot of very expensive medicaments.
But HIV doesn't really have anything to do with the fact of if homosexual people can marry or not.

Second I think that a moral discussion is very important because it makes people not only see their own small view to the whole issue. We are not a fully "qualified" ethical comission but we have the right to discuss those issues and we should do because it adds to the greater understanding.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 16 2004, 02:00 AM)
I don't believe morality discussion is important for the here and now. Neither am I worthy to be the judge and jury.
Annabelle

Well said, milady! wink.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted on 16-Feb-2004, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

As we were discussing the "Gay Issue" I did not include to the discussion of heterosexual relationships as that was not the subject matter. Sorry, should have realized that would surface.

It's sad when anyone gets Hepititis C or becomes infected with HIV. I've nursed those with both diseases and the wasting away of a human life is depressingly sad.
Aids is not HIV. They are two seperate things.
Inferon is used to control Hepititis C and helps when caught in the beginning of the disease. What troubles me the most is the rapant spread of a disease you may innocently contract NO Matter what your sexual preferance is.

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 16 2004, 07:59 PM)
As we were discussing the "Gay Issue" I did not include to the discussion of heterosexual relationships as that was not the subject matter. Sorry, should have realized that would surface.

It's sad when anyone gets Hepititis C or becomes infected with HIV. I've nursed those with both diseases and the wasting away of a human life is depressingly sad.
Aids is not HIV. They are two seperate things.
Inferon is used to control Hepititis C and helps when caught in the beginning of the disease. What troubles me the most is the rapant spread of a disease you may innocently contract NO Matter what your sexual preferance is.

Annabelle

Doesn't marriage fall into that catagory? tongue.gif A social disease that's hard to treat? biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

I fully support the legal institution of marriage for any consenting legal-age adults.

When you say "legal" you're talking about a binding business contract, one in which property, financial, and health rights are conjoined. You are NOT destroying 2000 years of a faith.

So many people, especially here in the southern USA, are so very afraid of gays. To them: gay = drugs = promiscuity = disease = pedophilia. I have never understood the supposed connection.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (shamalama @ Feb 17 2004, 02:57 PM)

So many people, especially here in the southern USA, are so very afraid of gays. To them: gay = drugs = promiscuity = disease = pedophilia. I have never understood the supposed connection.

We ARE talking about "good ol' boys" here, so what is not to understand? tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

That "Good Ole Boy" stuff works everywhere, it's alive and well in the northern states just as well. People are the same no matter where you live. Good and Bad are everywhere. Lliberal and conservative. Just people trying to get thru life.
People are naturally afraid of AIDS-HIV and they react accordingly with good reasons.

Annabelle

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Feb 17 2004, 01:41 PM)
That "Good Ole Boy" stuff works everywhere, it's alive and well in the northern states just as well. People are the same no matter where you live. Good and Bad are everywhere. Lliberal and conservative. Just people trying to get thru life.
People are naturally afraid of AIDS-HIV and they react accordingly with good reasons.

Annabelle

As they should be. Fear of HIV is one thing, blaming it on the gay population is quite another.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

The Gay community is not totally responsible for this rampant problem. I would never blame any one problem totally on one person. Life is Grey, not Black and white.
A
PMEmail Poster               
Celticpride 
Posted on 17-Feb-2004, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

male

Legal unions between individuals should have the same binding effect as Marriage and if someone wants to engage in a Union then they should be allowed to do so.

Marriage is looked upon as a sacramental joining in a religious union and most religious denominations except for a few who have completely spun off into space define marriage as the union between male and female.

The gay community would be better off putting their efforts into making civil unions on the same level as a religious Marriage in the eyes of the legal community instead of trying to force the acceptance of gay marriage.

This is not a gay or stright issue it is a legal issue.

--------------------
Highlander or Lowlander its all the same, Its SCOTTISH !
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]