Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Last Supper Secret?
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Jul-2007, 09:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,208 Gold!

A news story today broke about a computer analyst who superimposed a mirror image of the Last Supper on top of the original to reveal a hidden secret within Leonardo Davinci's famous portrait.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...5005961,00.html

Images that are revealed appear to be two knights at opposite ends of the table, a baby, bread, wine, a goblet.

I have tried to recreate this superimposed image with success. Clearly there are two knights at the end of the table, also Christ appears to be be wearing something over him.

This is definitely not a chance creation of an image because of a fluke. This is a planned image. In fact, I note that it is very handy that the white square image appears in the forground to line up the two images.

Davinci was famous for hidden meanings. In addition, he may not have been able to portray the truth because of the power of the church at his time.

An interesting note by my son was that he said it looked like one of those 3D images in a movie. Perhaps with a large image and position back with 3D glasses there could be more details?

Here is the image. The top is the superimposed image, the bottom is the original:

user posted image

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
TandVh 
Posted: 28-Jul-2007, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

What a wierd thing! Perception is certainly a fickle thing- the nature of light and how the retina trasnforms it into electrical signals for our brains to interpret- it's a wonder we can, as a race, perform this miracle uniformly and with consistance enough to form a universal picture of reality.

I believe it's God's design for us on this mortal plane that we can't see all the infinite worlds that exist around us. Some people see more than others, but, "normal" perception limits us to what the Lord needs us to see in order to learn the lessons he has for us on this plane.
Could be, I suppose, that the strange results from superimposing these two images, allows us to glimpse things not normally ment for us to see. I doubt there is anything wrong or hurtful to this- perhaps it's even desirable to glimpse these things in order to open our minds and get us to excercise our minds a bit?

Rambling on- I get intriqued by these things!

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Jul-2007, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

I just took a good look at this picture and to my eyes what I see is an image on paper that was folded in two.Because if you look closely at the top image the knights are one and the same except that they have opposite direction one is looking to his right and the other on his left.

And as for all the others around Christ it is the same pattern.Just take for example a blank page and on one side you paint something on it and on the other side you leave blank and you fold it carefully , you end up with a completely different image which could look like a 3 dimensional image. That's my theory.

Yes DaVinci was quite a master in disguise because he didn't have much choice I think being a man ahead of its time, in those days unfortunately over intelligent (geniuses) people would end up at the stake or in prison accuse of horrible crimes. Rich or poor, popular or not.

So all this said I think that the famous book "The Davinci Code" started all kinds of rumors about the great artist and Christ.

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 31-Jul-2007, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Don't forget about the face of Jesus or Divinci? between the first two black/brown panels on the left wall. You can see it really well in the bottom picture

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 31-Jul-2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Yes indeed we can see it clearly.And you can also see in the first brown panels on the left side a face and hands and in the second as well.

So I think it is a lot of images stuck together here!!!
PM My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 18-Nov-2007, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Another find in the last suppr. Some guy found then when you divide the picture into a musical staff the loaves of bread form a musical composition when played form right to left
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]