Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 12:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

The annual Celtic Fling at the PA Renaissance Faire is coming up in three weeks. Anyone coming? As usual, they have one hell of an entertainer lineup- but don't expect much from their highland games. Some fool decided the place to hold them is in a sand lot that they also use for jousting tournaments. While it may cushion the fall of a jouster, it's not a good bed for Highland Games.
However, that being said the entertainment more than makes up for it. In addition to being held at a Renaissance Fair (So you get all the Fair actors) they have awesome demonstrations (the glass blowing is my favorite... lump of glass on a rod, in a few minutes it's something useful..)
While the admission is around $25 per person, they have their own winery and brewery on-site and considering the lineup it's worth it IMHO. Off the top of my head,
Tartan Terrors
Enter the Haggis
Glengarry Bhoys
Ceann
Scythian
and more
I wouldn't recommend going on Friday (it's far too short for the cost) either Sat or Sun is a good time to go. I *think* I'll be there Sunday- but maybe Sat instead. Not positive yet, there's also a possibility I'll do both days.

parenfaire.com and click on the "celtic fling" link there

A Shrule Egan and Blue Dragon- if Hellertown was close enough for the Winter Classic, this is about an hour maybe 75 minutes west of there.

I wonder if someone's trying to tell me something- Ceann just started playing as I write this.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 02-Jun-2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Sub,

no can do. I'm working on a future project and I don't have the time to drive out there for this one. It's about a 3 hour drive, both ways for me. Been to it before and had a great time but all that driving is a killer. There aren't enough hotels in the area, so staying out there isn't an option.

Have fun and report back in.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 07-Jun-2007, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Weird it's 3 hours each way for you, I find the drive out is about 15 minutes longer then coming back due to traffic at the entrance...

This may be yet another fest we've both been to at the same time itn the past.

Will report back. beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 09-Jun-2007, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

QUOTE (subhuman @ 07-Jun-2007, 05:23 PM)
This may be yet another fest we've both been to at the same time itn the past.

I would cover the whole place but I always kept finding myself back at the brewery or just above that with the ladies who were handing out free samples of Scotch whiskey. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]