Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Quantum Touch, what do you think of it?
cori 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

I had only this to add and now I will have no more to offer, simply because I do not think I have anything more worth saying.

I disagree Cori, from the wisdom of your words I would say you have a lot of worthwhile things to say.
Thank you for your input.

Thanks, Tassie. This thread has encouraged me to do some research and I found that many of our "modern" medicines were actually discovered long before some people realize.

For instance, the "Black Death" that swept Rome in the 3rd century, Europe in the 14th century and India in the early 1900's, could have been prevented. It's cause was known three thousand years before Christ. Smallpox, which killed millions of Americans, could also have been prevented. A vaccine similar to the one developed by Edward Jenner in 1796 was used by the Chinese long before his rediscovery of it.
An effective treatment for asthma and allergies was commonly used two thousand years before Christ. Quinine was prescribed for malaria. Anesthesia was used during surgery; cataracts were successfully removed; antiseptic soap was manufactured and distributed; and the mosquito was identified as the carrier of yellow fever.
When the Greeks separated themselves from established medical treatment, they wiped out an immense knowledge of more than 1,200 healing herbs and invalidated advanced techniques of preventative medicine, hygiene, and nutrition. The pursuit of "scientific knowledge" turned int o a fued between doctors which delayed the rediscovery of lost medical principles for hundreds of years.

Anyway, this is just some of the stuff I found out. I'm not saying that everything "new" should be accepted. I'm not saying everything ought to be thrown out. I say people need to look into these things. Check it out. See what they're about and see if it is as straight as the plumbline of Scripture.

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 11-Oct-2004, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

plumbline of Scripture

Good term to use, that's just what it is, and where would we be without such a guide?

left to our own judgements, heaven forbid!!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Nov-2004, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Why not! There are never any "boundries" in beliefs!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
cori 
Posted: 09-Nov-2004, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

QUOTE (dragonboy3611 @ 06-Nov-2004, 06:03 PM)
Why not! There are never any "boundries" in beliefs!

Not in beliefs perhaps, but in truth.

Columbus believed that the earth was round. Everyone else at the time believed it was flat. No matter what you believe, it doesn't change what is true. So there may not be any boundaries in beliefs at all. But there are definitely boundaries in truth.

PMEmail Poster                
maryellen 
Posted: 13-Nov-2004, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

Actually the Flat Earth/Columbus myth is a falsehood thanks in part to school "education".
People of that century were not as ignorant as we think. Most people of the time of Columbus and before did believe the Earth was round. This is evident in the Catholic Church's declaration of a round earth before Columbus time. In addition, sailors knew the earth was round because ships went below the horizon hull first, the sails. Also, the earth casted a round shadow on the moon.

I looked at the website on the Quantum Touch. Some of the pictures are icky! tongue.gif

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]