Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Wanted to let everyone know that we were recently contacted by the music Group "Clann an Drumma."  

I know that a few people on the board here have expressed a big interest in their music. Well, after speaking with their U.S. agent, we are happy to report that Highlander Radio will be receiving a media kit and latest CD for airplay!

Clann an Drumma will be one of the first groups we feature in our forthcoming "featured artist" section!

Will post a note on our main page once we get their music added to our broadcast!

(d)

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 30-Jan-2002, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Just as a follow up to my original post, I was reading on another web site that Mel Gibson (Braveheart, The Patriot) was so moved by the song “Sgt. Mackenzie” (written by Clann an Drumma’s Joe Mackenzie in memory of his great grandfather who died during WWI) that he is going to include it in the sound track of his new and upcoming movie – “We were Soldiers.”
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 05-Feb-2002, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Well, we have now received a media kit from Clann An Drumma and their new CD entitled "Tried & True" is purely magnificent. Their music is now playing on Highlander radio and will be listed in our music database shortly. Look for a featured artist review to be done within the next week!

(d)  (note)  (note)  (note)
aklassie 
Posted: 05-Feb-2002, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

:o)
I'm glad you've gotten the Clann An Drumma media kit.  I've finaly gotten to hear them!  They are fantastic!!!!

--------------------
"They That Wait Upon The LORD,
Shall Renew Their Strength,
They Shall Mount Up With Wings
As Eagels,
They Shall Run,
And Not Be Werry;
They Shall Walk,
And Not Faint." ISAIAH 40:31
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 07-Feb-2002, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Yes, they are absolutely wonderful! We were actually contacted by one of the groups members after he visited our site. He put us in touch with their US agent and we received the media kit and songs this week. This is one group that has so much depth and expressions in their songs that I think we will be listening to their music for a long time to come!

Would like to get their first album on the broadcast later this year, but at this point I am sure they want to get their new songs out for everyone to hear!

Love their slogan too ….Keep it Tribal!!!
clangarra 
Posted: 22-Feb-2002, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New Jersey USA

My son Jamey and I explored the highlands last summer tracing our roots. While we were in Killin, where our Chiefs graveyard is, there happened to be a music festival going on. We ran into Clannandrumma playing outside one of the pubs. They have a very hypnotic style when you see them playing live and a really cool bunch of people. They posted some of my photos of them on thier site under Killin folk festival, check it out.

http://www.clannandrumma.com
and while your at it,
http://www.clangarra.com

gary mcnabb
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 22-Feb-2002, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Quote (clangarra @ Feb. 22 2002,2:51)
My son Jamey and I explored the highlands last summer tracing our roots. While we were in Killin, where our Chiefs graveyard is, there happened to be a music festival going on. We ran into Clannandrumma playing outside one of the pubs. They have a very hypnotic style when you see them playing live and a really cool bunch of people.

Now I am very jealous! First, for being in Scotland and second for seeing Clann An Drumma up front and live! :D

That is wonderful! I hear they are great performers and can not wait to see them perform if they make it through the Northeast this year.

Took a peek at your website! Really enjoyed the visit. You may want to consider joining our Top 100 Celtic sites. Here is the address:

topsites.celticradio.net
maggiemahone1 
  Posted: 22-Feb-2002, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Don"t you just love Clann An Drumma and their song Sergeant MacKenzie? I hope to be able to go see "We Were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson. I got the info first on CelticRadio and then on www. Clann An Drumma.   (d)  (d)  (d)

We have posted info on the "stone of destiny".  If anyone is interested about it listen to Steve MacDonald sing,"Stone of Destiny", it is another song that tells  some of Ireland's and Scotland's past history.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
klent337 
  Posted: 23-Feb-2002, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Well after reading all of these wonderful posts, I thought I should poke my head in here and say howdy to everyone !! :p  I kept seeing a bunch of people coming to our site from here, but didn't have time until now to see everything.  Paul, I must say that I am very impressed with your message board !! :o)  You and your crew have definately put something nice together here.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the review on Clann An Drumma.  ;)   As I am sure the group is as well !!

As for the movie "We Were Soldiers", yes Joe Kilna MacKenzie of Clann An Drumma has his song Sgt. MacKenzie in the movie.  Also keep in mind that Donnie MacNeil (another bandmate from Clann An Drumma) played the bagpipes as well for the song.  The movie comes out next Friday, so go see it.  I already have my tickets reserved, so I will be there bright and early Friday Morning for the fist showing !!   :p

As for touring in the Northeast, come to Pennsylvania on April 19th.  I am hosting a charity concert for Pittsburghs Childrens Hospital and Clann An Drumma is the featured entertainment for it.

Another bit of news, is that I am working to get Clann An Drumma into the Tunes of Glory Parade.  To find out what that is go to: Tunes of Glory Parade  With an estimated 10 million plus people watching it on TV, it's something you don't want to miss !! :D

Well I am off to get more work done for the tour.  I thank all of you for your encouragement and kind words.  Clann An Drumma and myself enjoy them a great deal !!  :B

Lee Eygabroad
US Agent & Webmaster
"Remember... Keep It Tribal !!"
Clann An Drumma
(h)  (h)
PMEmail Poster               
aklassie 
Posted: 24-Feb-2002, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Texas

female

:D
Welcome klent337.  I hope you enjoy your stay here.  These are wonderful people!  Sometime if you have the time, stop by for our Sunday evening chats.
I've really enjoyed Clan An Drumma.  I first heard thier wonderful music here on Highlander Radio.  Looking forward to getting thier music.  Sure wish they could make it up here in Alaska.  We have our highland games in June.  
Take care,
Glenda
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Falachaidh 
  Posted: 07-Apr-2002, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

You Found them!!!! I am soooooooooo happy that you featured Clann an Drumma!!!
I browsed through their website and found a ton of pictures from the Glasgow Games last year.. brought back some kickin memories..
(l)
I think I'll buy a copy of their cd off their website.

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 08-Apr-2002, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:D Just found out that they are going to be at the Celtic Festival in Saline, MI  in July. Guess where I'm going. :D
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Apr-2002, 01:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
199,186 Gold!

Yes Falachaidh! Because of your description of their wonderful music, we were able to obtain their CD directly from the groups agent!

I would urge anyone to see this group in concert giving the chance. You might want to look at their website for a schedule and I know that you can buy their CD from their site.

Oh, and my belated thanks to Lee Eygabroad on his very nice comments about the message board. With all of the issues we were experiencing last month with our board and broadcast, I did'nt get a chance to properly thank him! Thanks Lee!
Falachaidh 
  Posted: 15-Apr-2002, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

A nice description I can think of these guys:
Alive N' Kickin'!!
They were so energetic and it spread through the crowd. Even after a long, hot, stressful day competing, I still danced in the back to them.
I hope they do some shows in Florida :)
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 30-Jun-2002, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

They are coming. It will soon be the 13 of July, and they will be here in Michhigan.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]