flora 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I needed chocolate this morning. I really needed chocolate this morning! So I started going through the pantry. We usually have a container with candy for our grandson. No, really it is for him!

I really sank to the depths of evil when I realized Halloween is coming up and he will have alot soon.

How many of you have raided your son/daughter or grandchild's Halloween candy? And if you are as evil as I am, what did you go for?

If you don't have this outlet, what do you do for your chocolate fix?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

flora;

The only chocolate I have cravings for is "Sweet Marie" chocolate bars. If I eat one I won't stop until I am literally sick. So I stay away from them even though it is hard. Hallowe'en is a bad time because they have the minature ones. I lock the doors and turn out the lights.

Camac.

Harlot 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Tootie's Rolls I don't care what size or how big the bag is love em. That was always my payment candy from my dad.
When my kids were little I would go through their bags and get them and the Black Jacks.My daughter makes me up a bag of candy and lets my grandchildern give it too me at halloween.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 02-Sep-2008, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ely MN. and Skye Scotland

female

Mine don't go trick or treating here.. the houses are way to far apart to do that.. But i do buy then candy and other things on that all hollows eve.

I always try to stock on on some forum of chocolate in winters months. The snow leaves in may and comes back in sept or oct. Makes long winters and i need chocolate lol

I make this candy i am not sure what its called

Coco
sugar
butter
peanut butter
and oatmeal
and you drop them from a spoon
let them harden
and you got nice candies/cookie type munchie

its really good too

If anyone knows what i am talking about here Please post it, since i have no idea what its called here in the US..
thanks
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 05:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Oh, lord - - - trying to stay away from it. You know what's surprisingly good and will give you a heck of a jolt, is either a packet of instant cocoa mix (unsugared if you like) made with good strong coffee instead of water, to make ahot mocha "energy drink", or else the roasted coffee beans that are dipped in semisweet chocolate (Starbucks has them; specialty chocolate shops usually do too). Those beans, they are very good for long car rides to stay alert, but you really have to watch out and not eat them like -- well, candy. They are very strong. clap.gif
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Hello everyone,

Glad to see there are other chocoholics out there!

Camac, I wasn't familiar with Sweet Marie so I did a little research and I think they are like our Kit Kat Bars. Yum! Have a recipe for Sweet Marie Bars if you are interested.

Harlot, I worked with a man with a weakness for the supersize Tootsie Roll Bars that a certain restaurant chain down here carries. Maybe they will appear in your Halloween bag.

Tami, I have this recipe that might be close to what you have. I just know them as No Bake Cookies:
A recipe for no bake cookies using oats, cocoa, and peanut butter.
Ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cocoa
4 ounces butter (1 stick)
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
Preparation:
Combine sugar, milk, cocoa, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, peanut butter, and chopped nuts. Add oatmeal and stir to blend thoroughly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozen no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Stoirmeil: I took those chocolate covered expresso beans to work with me one day. Do you know what it is like to put two Irish girls together on expresso beans? Everyone would come to my office and ask what I was up to next.

I wonder if Starbucks has their Pumpkin Spice latte yet? Gotta Go.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

now this one i will need to try..These sound yummy. And maybe even better then mine cause maybe its the same recipe. Just revised for people who don't have nuts and can milk.. I cant wait to try this, i will let you know

Macebreaker eats the coffee beans, i think they are covered in chocolate or something..

PMEmail Poster               
Gillian 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

When my children were much younger, the "Halloween Fairy" would come the night after Halloween. They sorted their candy into the must keep and give away pile. The fairy took the give away pile and left a small gift for them. Win-win for all of us. I got the candy and they got a non-sugary treat.

--------------------
“The follies which a man regrets most in his life, are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.”
- Helen Rowland
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

QUOTE (Gillian @ 03-Sep-2008, 03:24 PM)
When my children were much younger, the "Halloween Fairy" would come the night after Halloween. They sorted their candy into the must keep and give away pile. The fairy took the give away pile and left a small gift for them. Win-win for all of us. I got the candy and they got a non-sugary treat.

What a good idea!!! I use to just have to steal my kids candy.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

And the prices of candy today..wow
the day after you get 50% off candy tooooo

Thats a great idea thank you for sharing that..
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

I hate eleven little chocolate balls of Llindt chocolate yesterday and I pay the price dearly for that abuse today.
Even yesterday I knew that I would end up with a migraine for when I left work my legs were hurting like crazy...and during the night it happened...a massive migraine hit me and still have now.
This is no good stuff to have around when one got the blues...especially at work

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

I heard that some doctors are saying eat chocolate if you have a headache. It's something in the choclate.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (TamiMcLeod @ 04-Sep-2008, 01:43 PM)
I heard that some doctors are saying eat chocolate if you have a headache. It's something in the choclate.

Macebreaker eats the coffee beans, i think they are covered in chocolate or something.

It's different for different people. It's a known trigger for migraine, though, and if you're in a vulnerable period for a headache (most migraine sufferers can tell when the headache is likely to come) it's best to leave it alone.

Maybe the coffee beans are why he keeps breaking all those maces. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I knew better than to look in this thread. Now I am craving chocolate. I got hooked on Starbucks Mocha chocolate bar. Seems I go in spurts. I have heard that as well on the headaches and have heard that it's also good for you. Harlot I love tootsie rolls as well.
Tami I have a recipe but it doesn' t have the peanut butter and it's a lot like floras. If you find it let me know would you please that sounds yummy.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
TamiMcLeod 
Posted: 04-Sep-2008, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

Mace got his name 12 years ago, in the SCA lol
and yeah he broke a few lol

I will do Rindy when i find it.. i just moved here 1 year ago and you wont believe it but i still have boxes i haven't unpacked yet.
I didnt want to do it so they would stay pack when i move again lol

But i will look for it and post it, cause they are chewy yummies for sure
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]