> Who Should Be The Next President
stoirmeil 
Posted: 01-Jun-2008, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I'm not too keen on McCain taking on Mitt Romney as VP, which doesn't seem completely impossible. Too good a chance he might have to serve as president.

It isn't going to be Hilary -- you can taper off on the snarky "Miss Piggy" humor now, bhoys. dry.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 01-Jun-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 01-Jun-2008, 10:23 AM)
I'm not too keen on McCain taking on Mitt Romney as VP, which doesn't seem completely impossible. Too good a chance he might have to serve as president.

It isn't going to be Hilary -- you can taper off on the snarky "Miss Piggy" humor now, bhoys. dry.gif

Looks like both piggies are out. The half vote per delegate for Michigan and Florida about did it and the 54 46 percent split on the uncommitted super delegates should have sealed it. I heard Pelosi was actually backing Obama.

I got a news release from a woman in Kentucky which indicated that McCain was considering Bloomberg as VP.

I just do not see anything good coming out of this election!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 01-Jun-2008, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ 01-Jun-2008, 03:04 PM)
Better Miss Piggy than Hillary.

That is Ms. President to you.... laugh.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Patch @ 01-Jun-2008, 04:58 PM)

I got a news release from a woman in Kentucky which indicated that McCain was considering Bloomberg as VP.

Really? Who is she, and what positions her to know this?

I don't think it would do us any favors here in the city for McCain to gank Bloomberg from New York, since he does a fairly decent job here, and we've just replaced a governor (disgust.gif the damned idiot, what ARE these bhoys thinking of half the time?), so we don't need any more unsettling right now. But I can think of a lot less savvy heads to take over if McCain should fall ill.

You remember the seven most frightening words in America, when Bush the Elder was in office? "Dan, I'm not feeling all that good. . . " rip.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 01-Jun-2008, 06:20 PM)
That is Ms. President to you.... laugh.gif

Unfortunately, she's one of my State Senators. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 02-Jun-2008, 05:55 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 01-Jun-2008, 04:58 PM)

Really? Who is she, and what positions her to know this?

I don't think it would do us any favors here in the city for McCain to gank Bloomberg from New York, since he does a fairly decent job here, and we've just replaced a governor (disgust.gif the damned idiot, what ARE these bhoys thinking of half the time?), so we don't need any more unsettling right now. But I can think of a lot less savvy heads to take over if McCain should fall ill.

You remember the seven most frightening words in America, when Bush the Elder was in office? "Dan, I'm not feeling all that good. . . " rip.gif

I can only loosely quote him but Will Rodgers once said "we shouldn't complain about paying taxes as it is cheap admission to the greatest comedy on earth!" He came closer to the truth than he ever expected to. Ohio has thir ex Attorney General, Mark Dann. There was Congressman Craig from Idaho, and the list goes on. When people feel their constituents put them in a position which is "above the law" bad/stupid things happen. I know little about Bloomberg but suspect it will be of little consequence.

There are a lot of things that will come into play in this election that we have never seen before. A new group of people have been motivated who have not voted before. I personally do not think Obama is good for the country. (and not for racial reasons either.) I suspect he will be the next president and that our constitutional rights will be further eroded.

Whoever is elected will have a fiasco on their hands with the economy, fighting in the middle east and our position in the the world hierarchy.

I just read yesterday that the inflation rate was .2 percent when energy and food were stripped from the calculatin. That "calculation" renders the figures useless. ENERGY AND FOOD ARE IN EVERYONES MONTHLY EXPENSE CALCULATIONS. I remember the Govt changing the "inflation food basket" in attempts to hold down inflation figures. Now they have taken food out of it. If the Govt. uses "creative accounting" I feel I should be able to use the same when calculating my tax returns. I would like to find someone who can explain how we will fix this mess!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Oh, about Dan. My sister in law grew up with Dan and his family as next door neighbors. At my brothers wedding, I pegged Dan as a little rich kid with an ego problem. As he aged he wasn't that bad but he was still in my opinion a "draft dodger". In later life he had no use for the younger "bush" and and privately he talked about some of shrub's antics when "daddy" was president. I doubt you will find more than ONE loosely favorable public comment by Quayle about "bush" and that related more to support for the troops. Maybe only one comment period. However, Dan's wife was not so kind to "shrub" vocally. Dan's silence re: McCain, to me speaks volumes at this point in the election process.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ 01-Jun-2008, 04:04 PM)
Better Miss Piggy than Hillary.

I could not have said it better myself! LOL

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

ANYONE but Hillary, hell, my dachshund is a better choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

No! One of my Shelties is better than Hillary! He understands much, has many opinions of his own.....he is a wee bit stubborn though. tongue.gif LOL
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Jun-2008, 08:10 PM)
No! One of my Shelties is better than Hillary! He understands much, has many opinions of his own.....he is a wee bit stubborn though.  tongue.gif  LOL

I heard Maisky's puppy is halfway through law school already. rolleyes.gif Is she showing any signs of hankering for a political office to chew on?
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

No! One of my Shelties is better than Hillary! He understands much, has many opinions of his own.....he is a wee bit stubborn though.  LOL

Otto isn't a WEE bit stubborn, he's WAY stubborn! Kind of like talking to the wall! Or to ANY politician! tongue.gif

beer_mug.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 02-Jun-2008, 08:29 PM)
I heard Maisky's puppy is halfway through law school already. rolleyes.gif Is she showing any signs of hankering for a political office to chew on?

bwahahahahhahahahahaha! Way too funny! Quite honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if Maisky's pup isn't half-way through law school. Perhaps he has graduated by now?! That furry kid is a very fast learner! cool.gif
Patch 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 02-Jun-2008, 03:38 PM)
bwahahahahhahahahahaha! Way too funny! Quite honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if Maisky's pup isn't half-way through law school. Perhaps he has graduated by now?! That furry kid is a very fast learner! cool.gif

My two snakes have the "personality" for the job.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Patch @ 02-Jun-2008, 10:49 PM)
My two snakes have the "personality" for the job.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Patch! I believe it! wink.gif biggrin.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]