Posted: 05-Mar-2005, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

Dragonboy,

I've come really late to this post, but I'm so sorry to hear about your Great-Grandmother and your Grandfather's cancer! It is very hard to lose someone so close to you and then have to worry about losing another close companion. My grandfather got lung cancer when I was young, and it is an experience I hope I never will have to repeat. As your grandfather still smokes, mine didn't quit either, no matter how hard my sister and I begged him to. Hopefully your grandfather survives his cancer like mine did! Unfortunately my grandfather got lung cancer a second time and died from it. My advice to you is to spend as much time as possible with your grandfather while you can. I was young when my grandfather died and it never really hit me that he was gone until he wasn't there anymore. I would give anything to talk to him again, we were very close. I pray that you and your grandfather have years to come together. Hopefully the experimental drug works!! If he is looking good then that is a good sign. Luck!

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Mar-2005, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

thanks for the update on yourself, we are here for you too!!! Its not how much time you have left, it is what you do with the time that you have left. Remembering that helps me to get through the really hard times..when I am wondering why am I here.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 05:52 PM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Oh my *sigh* it's been so long since I've posted to my family! No I've haven't forgotten about any of my family on here! I've missed all of you so much! I decided to post on my poor grandfathers topic insted of making another one, because it would just clutter the General Board.

So were have I been? Well my life has gone very much downhill. I know your a supporting family...and if you just are interested about my Grandfather...skip to the next paragraph, I won't mind. My personnal life has been full of mean, and immature high-schoolers that pick on the fat ones like me. It's a very mean world out there and I hate it. Grr. I haven't been on the site, well actually I can't say that. I have been on the site...just looking and reading, but not really posting. I've been too depressed to do that. I don't know if you would consider that pathetic or not. I'm trying in life, but it's hard. Yes coming from a 16 year old I bet that sounds pathetic!

So my grandfather, he's not better at all. The stupid Morphein they have him on has him doing strange things during the night. Like cutting up a blanket with a jack-knife (in which my grandmother put away all sharp objects) going outside in the negatives, seeing things that aren't there, and writing on walls, and objects that shouldn't be written on! My grandmother got scared, and got nurses in to help. There going to help with my Grandfathers batheing, making sure he's eating, drinking, taking his pills, and moving around enough to get some exercise. That's good. He wouldn't listen very much to my Grandmother, but I believe he will listen to them!

Gosh my hands hurt from typing now! I don't really have the energy right now to post on other forums, maybe tommorow I will get up the nerve and introduce myself to any new members. Of course now most likely no one remembers me and I am the new one! Ah well.... I love you all, most of you are the only ones who care!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hey there, Lil Bro! It has been WAY to long since the last time you graced us with your presence! And we DO love and care about you! So at least check in from time to time and let us know how you are and how things are going so that we won't worry, okay?

Sorry to hear about your grandad, but you hang in there buddy, okay? And if you need someone to talk to, you know my e-mail address, so drop me an e-mail anytime, okay?

And you're right, kids that age are cruel. I went through it too! But just remember, in just a few more years, you'll most likely never have to look at those people again unless you choose to! You just concentrate on your studies and try to have a GOOD time. You will get through and you will survive. I promise! And know you don't sound pathetic, you sound like just about anyone at that age. That age is difficult, but just remember, even the ones who act so confident and act as though they think they are so much better than you are just as insecure as you are inside.

Hang in there buddy! It doesn't last forever and it WILL get better!

And regardless what you may think, I really DO care about ya! smile.gif

Stay in touch!

Your Big Bro...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi there dragonboy,

Its about time you write us..Please don't be so hard on yourself. You have many talents as it shows in your posts. I ditto what Wizard said and feel free to email me too. I know kids can be so cruel as we have discussed before. You keep your head up and walk proud! You are as good as them. Love yourself, believe in yourself its all that matters "Metalica" You will never be able to please everyone no matter what you do. Please dragonboy promise me you will love yourself no matter what?
Sorry to hear news isn't very good. But try and focus on the positives...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey dragonboy! What can I say that hasn't already been said? I remember how hard it was when I was in school. Kids made fun of me too. But you will get through it, believe me. Hang in there and in here with us! We care and look forward to hearing from you.

I am so sorry to hear about your granddad. We will keep him in our prayers and you and your family too.

Take care and keep in touch.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]