Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,966 Gold!

I just wanted to welcome you Mary to the CelticRadio.net forums! It is always difficult that first post, but I am sure you will be thanking yourself you did it! biggrin.gif

Again welcome!!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Avonlea22 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Hello Mary! It's so nice to have you on board. It's very nice to "meet" you. smile.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello and welcome.

Hope you enjoy the people.

I am originally form Germany - so you see there is quite a mix here on this site and right now I am living in North Carolina. My husband is a soldier and right now deployed overseas.

Have fun posting!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MKOC19 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Thank you all again for the warm welcome...Irish hospitality I'm guessing. wink.gif I always enjoy people; there is a very rare moment when I dislike people. I would have to lose my patience and I don't do that normally.

Monacrch's Own~ You and your husband will be in my prayers. I know how difficult it can be to have a loved one across seas fighting. I wish the best for you and hope that he will be brought home safely to you soon.

bye1.gif Mary
PMEmail Poster                
Archangel4 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

male

Hi Mary!

I read some of your journal entries, asked you what your name was, and discovered the answer by navigating to this thread. Smart, eh? rolleyes.gif

As to the opera discussion, re: your journal, do give me a live or so; I may not be able to help with anything that ails you, but can provide some stimulating chat. Btw, my name is Malcom--screen name, Archangel4.

--------------------
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Carl Jung
PMEmail Poster               
MKOC19 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Archangel,

You're a quick learner. Any conversation is always good and being able to talk about opera outside of my peers and professors is always fun. Thanks for the posts by the way. Have a good one! smile.gif

bye1.gif Mary
PMEmail Poster                
MKOC19 
Posted: 05-May-2005, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Thanks to everyone that has so Warmly Welcomed me and I would also like to send a special thanks out to all those that have wished me luck on my finals and what not. I greatly appreciate it. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster                
susieq76 
Posted: 06-May-2005, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Welcome Mary Kathleen! It is good to have you here on CR. My mother's name is Mary Kathleen, and my daughter is Kathleen Mackenzie, so I am partial to your name - it is very beautiful! I love opera, and that is so exciting to hear about what you are doing in school! One of my favorites is Carmen, but I certainly couldn't give any help with opera. I hope we can chat sometime soon!

Susanna

p.s. - my dad is from Illinois originally, grew up in Dalton biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
MKOC19 
Posted: 08-May-2005, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Susanna,
Thank you for the warm and lovely welcome. I love your daughters name. I don't think I would have thought of the combination, but it goes very well together and has a certain charm to it. And I do have to admit i am rather partial to your mother's name as well. biggrin.gif

As I'm writing this I'm listening to CR and there is a song playing titled, Susan's Ballet, and thought it was quite fitting since it is so similar to your name. It is a beautiful song.

I remember one time talking to someone when I was 14 or 15 and I remember saying that music was my passion and he scoffed at me saying that no one at that age could know what is their passion in life. I will have to admit I was a little upset after he said that. Since then, I have proved him wrong and music has become even more a part of me. Thank you for the encouragement where others have scoffed. There were a few people that were a bit skeptic about the opera scenes and they thought that it would not be possible for some college students to do opera scenes, but everyone was quite impressed by the scenes. Since then I have only been more encouraged to listen and learn more about different operas. So, I understand your love for opera.

I do hope that we will talk more. Take care.

Mary
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 10-May-2005, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Did someone say Opera?

Well if it comes to Richard Wagner - I am the fan! Otherwise not to much into it. There are a few exceptions but not many.

My Uncle is actually an opera singer at the Berlin Opera in Germany. But that's as far as Opera takes me. I only got into it since my favorite Rocksinger is actually an Operasinger first and later started to do Rock to. That sounds so great. His Tenor Voice in Rockmusic.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MKOC19 
Posted: 10-May-2005, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacElder

female

Richard Wagner is absolutely amazing to say the least...musically that is in other aspects of his life he was not, but he is a genius with music. He was able to come up with some amazing pieces and ideas. The Ring Cycle is not for the faint hearted from what I hear.

I just recently started getting into opera. I finished my opera paper and am quite happy to be done with a few of my classes.

Monarchs Own
That is amazing that your uncle is an opera singer. It was quite a challenge from what I have taken on. I don't know if I will ever be able to sing opera in public (outside of my school that is), but it was a lot of fun to say the least.

bye1.gif Mary
PMEmail Poster                
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]