Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As a supplement to this forum's second thread on user names, I thought I'd start a thread on our chosen titles. Just to have our own take on them out in the open as well smile.gif

I'll go first:

I like to write, and it was a complete stranger I met in a bookstore who termed me a wordsmith. After we got tied up in conversation for a while. I also find it quite interesting when I encounter some tidbit of lore or knowledge that most people don't think of in today's society, and will at times, go seeking this information out.
The recent addition of 'elarner', should perhaps remain a mystery for now wink.gif There are a lot of elarners on this site. just many may not know you're a elarner. Paul liked the term in chat wink.gif So here I am, an offical Highlander Radio elarner.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I was 'King of New Scotland', for obvious reasons. I changed it to 'like my new ball and chain?' to reference the gold band in my avatar. king.gif (I'm still da king tho)

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
gtrplr 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Nashville, TN

male

When you realize that my username "gtrplr" is short for "GuiTaR PLayeR", then I would think that "Wielder of the Six-String Claymore" would be obvious.

If it isn't, think about it. I'm sure it'll come to you.

--------------------
Randal Smith alias Smitty the Kid
Wielder of the Six-String Claymore!

"We have enough Youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
"When the going gets tough, the smart go fishing!"

PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Mnie is rather obvious too. I am a Christian, and I believe in complete submission to my Lord, so I am a "Servant of the King."

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Avonlea22 
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

I've chosen Cultivator of the Earth because I very much enjoy gardening. It's something I just came up with without much thinking, and I may change it at some point, but for now, it will do. smile.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Danann 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

For me, Guardian of the Sacred Languages seemed aprapo since I was able to change my title right after I was named the moderator of the Gaelic forum. And also, I love languages of all sorts. And I do try to learn!

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 09:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,207 Gold!

Again, it should be obvious. I do seek peace in my personal life and in the world in general; wisdom is a goal I hope to attain; I'm always up for covered dish suppers and cold beverages. biggrin.gif I'll also say, the one title I wish I'd thought of first is "Lord of Catfish and Grits". Shamalama, you rock boy.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

Well there is no major reason why I picked my title. I really wanted a celtic/fantasy feel to my name and title. I at first wanted to put something elvish as my title but that would have taken too much work to figure that out. So I also love faeries. I decided to be some kind of faery. I picked valley faerie for no real reason it was just cause it sounded cool and I found a cool avatar to go with it. Check out my other online journal at Livejournal.com, I titled that "The valley of the faeries"...

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
tsargent62 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Socknoggle has a story behind it. My wife used to run a day care out of our house. One of the little boys started calling me "Mr. Socknoggle". I asked him why he called me that. He said he thought that was my name. Well, it stuck. All the kids started calling me that. I still hear it once in a while if I see one of our former day care kids. I started using it here when I mentioned it in one of the infamouse "Sock" threads. I thought Lord Socknoggle was appropriate given the nature of the forum. Plus I thought it sounded cool! cool.gif

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
talleyrand 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kansas City, Missouri USA

male

Actually, before I figured out what gtrplr was going for, I always read it as GaToR PuLleR Not that it makes any sense but it sounded funny so I went with it. Much like my title, it should be obvious that I enjoy absurd things thus I'm the High-handed flinger of pudding or some such nonsense.

--------------------
I don't think of myself as a lion. You might as well, though - I have a mighty roar.
Jubel Early
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
Well, I guess my title is obvious. Ever since I was a youngun' I always professed to own my own Harley Davidson motorcycle..a couple days before my birthday in May'00 I signed on to the internet and began searching for a Harley dealership that had Sportsters in stock, on the showroom floor lamo.gif I found a Harley Davidson dealership up in Columbus, Ohio that was one of the oldest dealerships around and the ONLY one that was owned by a woman, 1950-60's, when a 'real Lady' lol.gif didn't ride her own scooter let alone own a dealership! After her husband passed away Harley was very reluctant to let her keep the license but, after some negotiating the decision went in her favour rockon.gif Well, after reading the history I KNEW I had to go there to purchase my motorcycle..I called the dealership and told them I was on my way..I jumped in my truck and drove to Columbus with 'sis'..once there I walked up to the ONE I was destined to own heart.gif ..Mind you, I was there looking for over an hour before anyone came up to me and asked me if I needed assistance..that pissed me off a bit but, I wasn't leaving without my motorcycle..The place was packed because KISS was in town doing a concert and a rock station was there doing a live broadcast and 'daring' KISS to show up band.gif Of course they DID!! And aye, it was AWESOME! Finally a salesman walked up to me and sis and asked if he could 'help' us...before I could get a word out of my mouth, yeah imagine that lol.gif the Manager walked out and said, 'Mike there are real people. men, that need to be assisted..don't waste your time, it ain't a sale' WHEW HOO! was I ever pissed! mad1.gif He just looked at me and this time I said, 'yeah you can help me Mike..I'll take this Sportster and oh yeah, I'll take the Hugger Sportster too'..His mouth dropped, then he smiled, walked over to his desk..did some paperwork, and handed me 2 SOLD SIGNS thumbup.gif About the time I was putting the SOLD sign on my scooter, Gene Simmons of KISS, woo hoo!! walked over to me and congratulated me and called me a 'Queenie indeedie'..it was AWESOME!! Mike came over and told Mr. Simmons that not only was the black Sportster mine but, so was the Bronze Pearl Hugger clap.gif Well, sis needed one, didn't want to ride alone... It was one of the most MEMORABLE days in my entire life thus far! The manager came over to me and did his best to apologize, told me to go to the clothing section of the store and pick out some shirts and hats..and I DID rolleyes.gif Over $500 worth of merchandise for me and sis! I also got Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley's autograph along with a pic! Now that was a good day!So, I have always said I am 'Queen of my Ironhorse (motorcycle)..Davidson, Harley Davidson'..of course the name of the manufacturer..Kewl!!
~~Sty-U, ride safe, sane and sober! red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Nothing exiting about my chosen title.

I know that I will be a learner all my life and the day I will stop searching will be the day I'm leaving this world...on my journey through life one of my hopes is to gain wisdom to be able to teach my kids and hopefully grandkids...

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
freekenny 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ 31-Aug-2004, 04:01 PM)
Nothing exiting about my chosen title.

I know that I will be a learner all my life and the day I will stop searching will be the day I'm leaving this world...on my journey through life one of my hopes is to gain wisdom to be able to teach my kids and hopefully grandkids...

O'siyo gaberlunzie,
I think what you said is beautiful and ever so true! You will never stop learning, none of us will until we depart from Mother Earth..I wish you much peace and many blessings as you travel your journey here on Mother Earth.. clap.gif And I wish for you to have many grand-children to share all your knowledge with!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

I think seeker is pretty self-explanitory...I seek knowledge..mostly arcane and theological..but all knwoledge...

I walk the dark paths of my soul in a quest for that knowledge and to discover more of myself...It is easy to walk in the light and pretend the world is pretty..but to walk through the darkness and uncover the unknown(good and bad) is the real adventure.
It also helps when I write

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I have never felt like I have come up with "the right" title. I love artwork, especially from the 18th century and it is all so beautiful, no matter the artist and all creation is beauty. Whether it be a painting, photography, just going out for a walk and enjoying God's ultimate creation of the world. It is all beauty and God is the ultimate creator for me..............so I chose "Seeker of Art and Beauty." I would really like to change it to something better than that. Any of you writers have a better suggestion, please feel free to make suggestions. Wordsmithing is not my gift!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]