Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Newton, Kansas USA Greetings, Introducing myself.
ckalr 
Posted: 25-May-2007, 11:59 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

male

Hello,

My name is Ted Clark, and I just joined the community this evening. I am 38 years of age, living in Newton, Kansas, USA (just North of Wichita, Kansas) with my wife of nearly 10 years, and our dog, Zach. I love Celtic music in almost all forms, which is what drew me to this site. I am a graduate student, attending Friends University in Wichita, Kansas, entering the second half of the required coursework. I am not completely sure of my family's heritage, but some within my family believe we descend from Scotland, connected to Clan Chattan (possibly MacPherson, as sept), while others within the family dismiss any Scot connection as hogwash, claiming strictly English heritage. I choose to believe we are Scots, but have no degree of proof. My wife descends from Irish Malones, among other things.
Comments and/or questions are welcome!
PMEmail Poster               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 26-May-2007, 01:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Welcome, Ted! Hope you enjoy your stay here. Post away, the water's fine!

With a surname as common as Clark, it really could have come from anywhere in the UK, and I seem to recall a couple German surnames being anglicized to Clark. The only way to really find out is to make the trace back and see where it leads you. When did your family fall off the boat? Any idea? It might give you an idea of where you came from, but your family may have gone to England for awhile before emigrating. Which is the case with my family...well...one of the branches at any rate.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 26-May-2007, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello Ted, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! Glad you found this place and hope you enjoy what you see and here. Make yourself at home and post often. We are looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 26-May-2007, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello and welcome, Ted!

We're glad that you found Celtice Radio and even more so that you joined us! smile.gif You've found the best place on the Internet for Celtic music, not to mention very interesting (and some down-right funny) forums, and the nicest people you'll find!

When you get a chance, please feel free to wander around and check out your new home - please be sure to ask if you have questions and certainly let us know your comments.

I look forward to getting to know you and reading your future posts!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
ckalr 
Posted: 27-May-2007, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

male

Hello my new friends,

Thanks so much for your greeting replies to my awkward first post. I am very curious about my ancestry, and extremely interested in all things Celtic.

Dear Sekhmet, I have only been successful in tracing ancestry (on the Clark side) only as far back as Kentucky, USA back to the 1830's. From another line (Hollingshead), I have traced ancestry back to New Jersey in the 1760's. I have German ancestry on both sides of my family line as well (Schramm/Schrum (maternal) and Heiser/Houser (paternal)). However, indications are that the Clark/Hollingshead line descend at least from the UK (not really sure from that point).

Haynes9 and Muircheartach, I am wandering around, enjoying what I am reading and hearing! I was especially interested in the Celtic Zodiac. Now, I am normally VERY skeptical of anything astrological (and I will still not base my life upon it), but when I read the sign of 'ash', I felt exposed - if you want to know more about me, that is a great place to start - shocking!

Thanks again for your replies,

Ted

PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello and welcome! As you have seen for yourself - you found a great place here. This is the best site I have encountered and the people here are the best bunch around ever.
Enjoy yourself here!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 31-May-2007, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to the Celtic Radio forum ckair. I hope you enjoy the forum as well as the wonderful music that's here on Highlander Radio. I look forward to you posting.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Blue_Dragon5 
Posted: 01-Jun-2007, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Derry, PA

male

Hey, i'm pretty new as well. Welcome!

--------------------
Ni neart go cur le cheile (Togetherness is strength)
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hello and Welcome! As you have already seen, there are a great number of wonderful people here. I hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]