Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Spokane, WA

female

Dear Folks,
Just wanted to pipe in to introduce myself. I'm a Catholic homeschooling mom of 7, wife to career Air Force enlisted member, & an artist when I find time! smile.gif We have been in WA state for a little over a year now, & I'm hoping & praying we get to stay here for the next 3.5 years til he (we) retire! Then it's back to the beautiful state of Montana!
I look forward to meeting y'all & learning more about everyone!
Sincerely,
MommaF8

--------------------
STANDINGCLOUD ORIGINALS
Kim Fasser, Artist
AFFORDABLE, CUSTOM ARTWORK & ORIGINAL DESIGN
Art Blog: http://standingcloudoriginals.blogspot.com/
Homeschool Blog: http://sacred-heart-of-jesus-hs-academy.blogspot.com
"Be patient with everyone, but above all with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew." ~St. Francis de Sales~
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

Hi and Welcome! I have heard more and more people homeschooling now than before. Anyway, you have come to a wonderful place with a lot of wonderful people!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
John Clements 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

Welcome to CR. Sorry to say I have never been to Montana, and I'm sure no picture of it could do it justice.

Have fun, John

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello from another homeschooling parent on the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona! Glad you found this place and hope you enjoy all it has to offer.

Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 08-Nov-2006, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Ionúin máthairF8 (dear mommaF8),

Very nice to meet you and read your first posting - we are all looking forward to reading more from you!

I hope God answers your prayers and allows you and your family (BTW - you have enough for a soccer team, don't you?) to stay where you've made your temporary home, then move back to Big Sky Country!

I've only pasted over it flying to Bozeman, but the saying is right, it's the "last best place"!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here where we're all family in many places.

Slán for now...

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
gypseyreyne 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

Yes I pray GOD will grant your request to stay put until you can get back to Montana. Me I am a gypsy and roaming thrills me. Not all my daughters but yes me. I have driven through Montana and it is beautiful. You can breathe there.
welcome

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
MommaF8 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Spokane, WA

female

Thank you ALL for your kind, warm welcome! I would love to visit where y'all are from someday!
My husband is from Arizona...got to visit the Painted Desert (STUNNING!) & the Grand Canyon. My 2nd choice to retire (stateside) would be in Arizona, BUT my sister-in-law lives in Mesa...the state's not big enough for the both of us! biggrin.gif
I've lived in Crete, Greece, Japan, & Germany, & had a blast in all of those places. I too, loved to roam, but after 26 years, I'd like to be able to call ONE place home! I want to be able to raise my horses & dogs (& a few goats, chickens, & a cow or 2 evetually) & not fear another move in 3 years. I figure once WE retire, (he's always gone, leaving me with the kiddoes...so it's ME retiring too! wink.gif ) THEN we can go to where WE want to visit, always able to come home!!! Ah...what a sweet sound..."OUR" home! Not base housing, but somewhere we CAN paint / build our way! Somewhere WAY out in the middle of nowhere so that folks / traffic / noise can't bother us. Ahhh...ALMOST there! And when it DOES finally happen, y'all are invited to come for the biggest danged house / tent (whatever we have at the time! tongue.gif ) warming party EVER!
Blessings to you all!
Sincerely,
MommaF8
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
sisterknight 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

welcome home!!!!greetings from the great white(so soon,sigh)north!!!you are going to love the people and music at CR!!!so post,post,post and have fun!!!

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
LORD RHYS 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: NEW PORT RICHEY FL

male

Welcome biggrin.gif

--------------------
"True conformity to the dictates of nature requires reverence for the past and solicitude for the future. 'Nature' is not simply the sensation of the passing moment; it is eternal, though we evanescent men experience only a fragment of it. We have no right to imperil the happiness of posterity by impudently tinkering with the heritage of humanity."

"Every right is married to a duty, every freedom owns a corresponding responsibility. There cannot be genuine freedom unless there exists also genuine order in the moral realm and in the social realm."
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hello again mommaF8,

In reading your second post, I have to remark on your comment about the state of Arizona not being big enough for you and your sister-in-law. I know what you mean, jelly bean!! When I met my wife I could not believe that God could have ever created someone so wonderful - a fact that still amazes me today, after 31 wonderful years of marriage!

However, my dear sister-in-law is a real witch (I prefer that pronunciation, even though the other one better suits her)! Since my wife, the oldest of six children, was born at home, I thought that her sister may have been born in a hospital and they got the wrong kid - but no, my wife said she, too, was born at home. No accounting for personalities, I guess...

Anyway, always glad to hear from you and I wish you the best!
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 09-Nov-2006, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello and welcome to CR from Fort Bragg, NC. I am married to an Armyman over here. We will be leaving NC soon to go to my homecountry Germany for some years.

You found a great site here with even greater people. So have fun here in the forums and meet new friends.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

(Just wanted to pipe in to introduce myself... We have been in WA state for a little over a year now, & I'm hoping & praying we get to stay here for the next 3.5 years til he (we) retire! Then it's back to the beautiful state of Montana!)

Hi Mom!

Just dropping you a short note to say "hi!" and to let you know that I saw your original post and thought of you. You and your family are still in my prayers and I hope all is going well!

Blessings of God upon ye!

BTW - your painting of the horses is beautiful - it makes me miss my horse I had years ago...
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Welcome to our online family! I have never been to any of the places you have, but am so longing to visit the Northern parts of the US. Born and raised in NM and not really ready to live anywhere else...thank goodness my husbands job dosent call for moving.
I am so awed by homeschollers. I would probably go insane within a week of trying that with my kids! Yikes! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Welcome again and I hope to get to know you on the boards!
beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Celtic Radio MommaF8.
I hope you enjoy the music as well as the wonderful people that are here on this forum. You are very lucky to have lived in all of those places. I hope to get to know you better.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello MommaF8! Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

Again, it is so nice to have you with us. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
© Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With Chrome (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]