marti64 
Posted: 29-Aug-2006, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

My weekend went ok, until I had to got to the emergency room at 9:30 on Sunday night and see my husband. He was rushed to UMASS Hospital in Worcester, MA(If anyone knows, this is one of the best hospitals in the Northeast) with kidney failure and low blood reasure, among other things.
He reamins on a respirator, although his blood pressure has stabilized.
Needless to say, I am not going to work until he is off the respirator.
I don't know if we will get to go on vacation now. It always seems that he gets sick right before we are supposed to go on vacation. The last three or four times that I have planned a vacation, he has ended up in the hospital. It seems like he is trying to tell me something?
I probably shouldn't say that......but whatever!!!!
I will check in soon....please keep Dan in your prayers and wish him a speedy recovery.
Marti64

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 29-Aug-2006, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

I'm here at the library. The Enya box set, Only Time: The Collection I'd requested came in, so I'm going to take it home and burn it on to my computer. Disc 4 is an enhanced CD with a video of "Oiche Chiuin" ("Silent Night") on it, so I may also copy that to my computer.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
ballydun 
Posted: 29-Aug-2006, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

CR,Iam still keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted.
I am considering seeing if D.G.would consider a book talk/signing at my store sometime. I don't think she's too far from here. Just a thought.

Marti, you and Dan are still in my prayers as well. Let us know what is going on as you get the chance.

Hubby is driving me kinda crazy lately. He's going through what I guess would be a mid-life crisis? Nothing is making him happy and he needs a life change but dosen't know what or how to get what he wants or anything.(boo hoo) Meanwhile the girls and I have to put up with the bad temperment, moodiness and general attitude. Yuck!! I sure hope he figures out something soon. I love him tons, but can't bear this side much longer.

everyone else, I love hearing from you all and knowing what is happening.
Have a great remainder of the week!
God bless you all!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Hello!!!! All is going better. Hubby opened eyes last night, and is fighting like *&^%^&& to get the intibation tube out of him. He knows where he is, and is acknowledging me more every day.
I think the tube will be out by the end of the week, I hope!!!!
Talk to all later!!!
Marti64
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

CR & Marti my hopes and prayers are with you both. keep postive thouhts at hand for the momets when thing s seem drakest and know we are always here to listen ,love, and uphold you when it's hard to see the good. God bless you both abnd your loved ones. Ken.akaCKC

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 30-Aug-2006, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

marti that is super news.....maybe your trip will be christmas shopping with a healthy hubby instead!!
vik xx

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 31-Aug-2006, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Marti - I'm sooo glad for you!! That's wonderful news! Tell him to keep fighting, and getting stronger. We're all with you, and praying for his homecoming again hug.gif

CR - How are you doing? Thinking of you every day, and hoping your news is better than what you fear. Stay positive, stay busy, and let us know as soon as you find out, okay? My prayers are still with you, too.

Has anyone heard from JP lately?? unsure.gif Do we need a search party??

Hope all of you are having fun these last few official days of Summer! Enjoy your weekend!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Senara 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

Hope everyone is having a good day. For those of you not in the States, it is a holiday weekend for most of us. A three day weekend is always welcomed. So happy Labor Day to everyone...hopefully it's not laborious at all.

Yesterday I made my first visit to a Scottish Highland Games. There is a small games here in Wisconsin just west of Milwaukee in the town of Waukesha. They had various clan tents where you could learn about each of the clans there. I stopped and chatted with some McEwans, and some MacNeils,. both clans were neighbors to my clan MacLachlan in Scotland. So it was good to meet the neighbors I guess you could say. Also a rather nice collection of vendors. I had my measurements taken by one of the vendors who makes custom gowns (ren-fair gowns/women's formal tartan pieces/etc.) I'm hoping in the next year or so to save up enough money to have something made with the family tartan. Even if it's just a vest. The ladies that are doing it call their company "Bent Needle Designs" www.bentneedledesigns.com if'n you want to check it out for yourselves. Ladies formal wear to accopany the kilted gentleman....very nice work too!

Oh what else did I see....lots of handmade tapestry tote-bags, one of which I got for one of my co-workers because she's been such a good friend...hrmm all kinds of things I could have bought if I only had the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As for the games there was longbow..didn't try my hand at the battle-axe toss, though it did look like good fun (gonna have to try it next year), they had a mounted night and a small jousting arena with the most beautiful attention fed horse named Caesar...a kiddie caber toss..lawn bowling....haggis toss...rugby, and some of the heavier games like the barrel toss...and of course they had a music tent!

You know me...celtic music...I'm like sooooo there! This year they had the Sandcarvers, frogwater, and Mother Grove. I actually thought Mother Grove was always to highly overplayed on here for the longest time, but I must say they are a wonderful, giving group and even though there were only 100 people left on the grounds by the end of the day yesterday they were having a big old party anyway. I definately am gonna have to going again next year. Didn't get a chance to see the cultural exhibit buildings or the dance and pipeing competitions.

Unfortunately that's about the end of festival season...winter comes soon...although I am thinking about heading over to St. Paul, MN in February for the Scottish Ramble there...an indoor festival....in the dead of winter...how fun! Just in time to get warmed up for the summer season!

Well, that's about it from here really. Just not looking forward to work this week...receptionist is out on vacation again so I'm once again obligated to man the phones....oh that and I'm really hoping my boss gets his act together and lets me know if I get to use the badge I was given for the big tradeshow in Chicago this week so I can get a day away from my desk and still get paid for it!

Take care everyone!

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,365,591 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

hello every one!!!

It's been a pretty crazy labor day weekend for me. I quit my job that I've been working at for almost 8 years without having another job to go to (full time anyway). Luckily my 2 part time jobs have offered to help me out and give me more hours.

I went to our Indianapolis Ribfest Sunday night and saw some cool bands and ate some great bbq ribs. Among the bands were Hootie and the blowfish.

band.gif

The Irish festival is coming up on September 15th....I am so looking forward to attending. I'll be helping a friend out at his booth by playing my bodhran with him. Oh, yeah, Searson is playing this year. I won their CD from this very site. biggrin.gif clap.gif

I hope every one is doing shiny and getting plenty of fun in their daily diet of life!

Laters
cheers.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I hope everyone is enjoying their day off and have had a wonderful end of summer weekend. I didn't do much, hung around the house and relaxed.Sunday I went to home coming with the Ross side of the family in a little town called Mineral Bluff, Georgia. I had a wonderful time and as always I enjoyed visiting with the family.

Senara, I'm glad you got to go to a game. I love going. I'm always busy doing something at the games such as running our clan tent, or dancing. So I don't get to go to all the wonderful vendors. I guess I save money that way.

CR I hope you are well. I think of you often and pray for you. DG was in Decatur this weekend but I found out kind of late and was unable to go.

Marti 64 I hope your hubby is continuing to improve. I can't imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you too.

Everyone be safe.

TTFN

Gwenlee
marti64 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

It is getting harder and harder to keep the smiling face and the excellent attitude. I had to go back to work today, and I don't want to deal with anything or anybody!!!!!!!!!
When will it end?
marti
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

marti,

You sound at the end of your tether. I hope things get better.

Too bad we all don't live close enough to pop over with a hot apple pie when someone needs a little tlc.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! I feel so badly for those of you who are in a bad situation or feel at a loss. Please be with us and do not give up! There is always something positive in life to focus on!

All is well here. We had some much needed rain and cooler temps..yesterday! However, I went out today and it was hotter than Hades! Goodness! Hubby did something to one of his toes and spent half the day at the urgent care to figure out that problem as he could hardly walk. He had blood work and x-rays and nothing was revealed. So he is on complete bed rest, elevated foot, and much attention from his nurse wife and loving every minute of it! bwahahahaha

Doggies are doing well. We had a major storm this weekend and I was able to calm the one doggie down.

Hope this finds y'all doing well!

Gwenlee, hugs!

Talk to y'all soon!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. My friend Nathan came in from Virginia, so it was nice to meet up with him. We went out for dinner at one of the restaurants over in Chicago's Little Italy neighborhood. I had the baked mostaccioli with meat sauce. It was delicious tongue.gif . I couldn't eat all of it, so I brought the rest home in a doggie bag.

I was on my own for Labor Day. I wasn't invited to any cookouts, so I did some drumsticks on my George Foreman grill. It turned out very well, especially for doing drumsticks for the first time. I have done chicken on it, but it's always been breasts.

Rose, we had some thunderstorms come through here last night as well. If the ancient Greeks are right, I don't like it when the gods are bowling no.gif . We didn't get it as bad as some of the other parts of the state. Rockford, for instance, got it so bad it overwhelmed their sewer systems.
sisterknight 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

been awhile since i posted so....

marti- i know telling you things will get better sounds trite, but they really will (you can yell at me any time you need to, you know)

mdf- it's great that you a friend in town. usually i catch up with you and you seem to be stuck doing laundry!!hehehe know what you mean about the gods bowling...we were always told as kids that the angels were having make believe battles, so that god would laugh and that was why there were rainbows....

i had all the out-laws in for dinner...we went total vegetarian, sweet potato soup and salad with the kitchen sink(mixed baby greens, dried apricots, papaya, walnuts, raisons,radishes, tomatoes, mushrooms, blueberries, fresh apples and pears, topped with raspberry vinegrette and sesame seeds toasted!) apple crumble with cappacino for dessert!!!

we got the tail end of ernesto lots and lots of rain for a few days!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]