> Congregational Sharing, Introduce Yourself to the Congregation
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-Oct-2008, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Ohhh, man, that hits home about deciding whether to tithe or not... my husband and I moved to a new home 2 years ago, and just recently found a terrific new church to become members of. It was difficult to cut ties with the church we'd members of since childhood, but we knew it was time to get active again and the old church was too far away.
We really like this new church, and are enjoying meeting people and participating in services. Just this morning my husband said he thinks we ought to start tithing, but my instant response was 'it won't leave us enough to pay bills with'. Well that just ain't true, sure it might not leave us a lot of extra funds but we won't starve... and down keep inside I know we ought to start tithing too. What you had to say here is very inspiring.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Jillian 
Posted: 15-Nov-2008, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Hello to everyone,
I grew up Episcopalian and was baptized Episcopalian. Throughout high school I was active teaching Sunday school and summer Bible school, providing care in the nursery and participating in youth group. Then during my twenties and thirties, I fell away from going to church regularly, unsure of my church's changing views, and simply being very self-centered and engaged in the material world. Thankfully the Lord helped me realize that a life without the Him left me extremely empty and unfulfilled. I got back to studying the Bible daily and praying for guidance and grace. I still float around to churches and I must admit struggle to find one to settle down with, but I have enjoyed becoming active with a weekly Bible study group at the nearby Methodist church. Maybe it's the intimacy of the Bible group that I long for the most. I guess the most important thing for me is to continue working hard, and pray for the Lord's grace to continue to work in my life. What a process...and what a journey it has been!

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Dec-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

The most important thing for me is personal Bible study. Getting involved in a weekly Bible study is great! Our Sunday School class is like that; the teacher is remarkable in his ability to quote Scripture for any situation or problem we bring up in the group. We've had some amazing discussions that helped clear up some issues for us. This guy has a Doctorate in Christian counseling! Wish I had his memory, man, I remember what the Bible says but can't tell you exactly where. rolleyes.gif

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas season! I like this time of year...
PM               
Amergin 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Milesia

male

Greetings brethren and cistern. (That's a joke, for any of you humor impaired.)

I was born and raised Episcopalian, and we were in church every time the doors were open. I was the youngest person ever elected to our parish vestry (church board). In my college years I wandered from church to church, but always thought of our little Episcopal congregation as my local church. Later, I married a Lutheran girl, and we searched for neutral ground. We wound up in a Berean Fundamental Church. They're much less liturgical than either of our home churches, but the conservative, bible-believing, Christ-oriented agenda struck a chord with us.

I now have a Bachelor's degree in Pastoral Studies from a conservative Christian University and we fellowship with a group of Christians who think Jesus is more important than dogma or church polity or whatever. I'm ordained by a Christian Church (an anti-denominational denomination), but they fear my strong stance on the grace and power of God in individual lives, so I don't fellowship there anymore.

I find myself sometimes more in tune with the old Celtic beliefs because they recognize the immanence of God in nature, and yet they don't recognize the source. Perhaps one day it will all come together in one grand unified theory of true belief.

Or maybe not. We are only finite humans after all, even if we do have an organic relationship with the creator of the universe through his transcendant Son. Hallelu Jah!

--------------------
I am a stag: of seven tines,
I am a flood: across a plain,
I am a wind: on a deep lake,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall,
I am a hawk: above the cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
I am a wonder: among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?

I am a spear: that roars for blood,
I am a salmon: in a pool,
I am a lure: from paradise,
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red,
I am a breaker: threatening doom,
I am a tide: that drags to death,
I am an infant: who but I
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen, arch?

I am the womb: of every holt,
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Haggishead 
Posted: 27-Apr-2009, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Nice to meet you, Amergin. You have had quite the journey.

Have you read "Thin Places; An Evangelical Journey into Celtic Christianity"? The author is Tracy Blazer. She is the Director of Christian Formation for John Brown University. Good book.

As for what people fear in churches, do not worry about that. As long as you are focused biblically and sold out 100% to God, do not worry about them. We are here to please God, not man. *don't anyone jump on this as unconcerned for people please*

Much of the Christian world has lost sight on the awesomeness of God as seen through His creation. The Psalmist declared that God's handiwork and majesty is displayed throughout all creation. It, obviously, is not limited to creation but it is the first thing we see of His glory.

Anyhoo...glad you are here!

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
Posted: 15-Mar-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,495,791 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Hello every one,

I know this thread hasn't been used in a while but I'm going to introduce myself anyway. wink.gif

I was baptized Phillip Edward but I'm known to most of my friends and family as Teddy or Perkeo. I've been a Catholic for 41 years so far. Some of my family have either given up going to church or joined other Christian based religions. I have studied many different religions (about 30+) but I remain Catholic. I recently joined the Irish Catholic group called The Ancient Order of Hibernians and have enjoyed their company and leadership toward doing good toward others.

Another little history about me is that I became ordained online to help some friends of mine who wanted to get married but didn't feel right about doing in a church or in front of some one they didn't know. They knew I studied religion as a hobby and asked if there was a way I could do the ceremony for them. I did my research and since that time I've done 15 weddings for friends and family and spoke at a funeral for a friends mother. Which was a great honor.

One of the reasons I took it upon myself to study so many religions it that I believe in order to know who people are it's a good start to know how they relate to god or gods depending on the religion.

Thanks for letting me ramble. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rhymer 
Posted: 27-Mar-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Kilsyth, Scotland

male

Hi guys just found this page. My name is Andrew Provan McIntyre although my pen name is Rhymer. Mainly because I write poetry. Also dabble in Art.I am 58 years young come April. I started attending church while still in the womb. I have been a christian since I was 14 or thereabouts.Firstly I attended a mission , of which there used to be many in Scotland.This was an evangelical church non denomenational.At eighteen I lefdt in disgust, I had seen the rise of Hippiedom and embraced its ideals, befor drugs and money making corporations despoiled it.I did not return until 1996 26 years later, I was in Whithorn at a friends in their church when I heard God say to me, "Time you came back". Whithorn incidently is where Ninian brought christianity in the 4/5thc ad, his church was known as "The White House".
I came back was baptised in 1998 at a church in Kilsyth, Scotland.I am no longer attending that church as evil portrayed as an angel of light became Pastor. We left, my wife of 37 years and now attend a noe fellowship in the next town called Lenzie Christian Fellowship. I am a grandfather of four beautiful children produced by my son and daughter. This is me and you are you keep in touch.

Slainte

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
"We are the last people on earth, the last to be free": Calgacus
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Haggishead 
Posted: 27-Mar-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Welcome Rhymer! Same goes for you Perkeo! Good to have you both on-board. It has been a while since people were here but we do check in from time to time. Sit back, relax and enjoy the walkman.gif and the folks here!
PMEmail Poster               
jmparrish 
Posted: 22-Feb-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacAlder

female

I wish I had found this site sooner! You all have such wonderful stories! I am Janine, or jmparrish (Jessica Parrish is a neat detective in one of my favorite graphic novels). My family is Roman Catholic, and I am a practicing Roman Catholic now. My faith journey has been over the map, much like many of you, but I am happy and content now smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 23-Feb-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I'm not sure why I never posted anything in this thread unsure.gif ....but better late than never. biggrin.gif

I'm Steve Ewing and I'm a Baptist by choice (when I was a kid I went to a Methodist church). My Dad, who probably should have been a Presbyterian (Scot/Irish Presbyterians on both sides of his family), went to Lutheran Churches because his Stepmother was a hardheaded German Lutheran and no one argued with her (especially my Grandfather and/or my Dad). My Mother, who probably should have been Anglican/Episcopalian or Roman Catholic (her Father's side of the family) or Brethren (AKA: Dunkards Her maternal Grandfather's family), ended up in Presbyterian Churches because her maternal Grandmother's people were Presbyterians and that's where Great-grandmother and my Grandmother took her as a child. Both my parents ended up becoming Baptists too (I must have been a bad influence on them angel_not.gif ).

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 23-Feb-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ 23-Feb-2012, 11:04 AM)
I'm not sure why I never posted anything in this thread unsure.gif ....but better late than never. biggrin.gif

I'm Steve Ewing and I'm a Baptist by choice (when I was a kid I went to a Methodist church). My Dad, who probably should have been a Presbyterian (Scot/Irish Presbyterians on both sides of his family), went to Lutheran Churches because his Stepmother was a hardheaded German Lutheran and no one argued with her (especially my Grandfather and/or my Dad). My Mother, who probably should have been Anglican/Episcopalian or Roman Catholic (her Father's side of the family) or Brethren (AKA: Dunkards Her maternal Grandfather's family), ended up in Presbyterian Churches because her maternal Grandmother's people were Presbyterians and that's where Great-grandmother and my Grandmother took her as a child. Both my parents ended up becoming Baptists too (I must have been a bad influence on them angel_not.gif ).

Hard to know what to do with those Baptists! I know, because "I are one" and pastor a boatload of them! tongue.gif

You can tell a Baptist, but you can't tell him much!!

Have a great day, everyone!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Grace2302 
Posted: 27-Mar-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tampa, FL

female

Hi everyone! My name is Joanna. I was raised United Methodist in the church my maternal grandparents were charter members of. My grandfather was Finnish and was born in Michigan and attended a Luthern church there. When he moved here and married my grandmother they attended a church which then split off to start the one I'm at now. My mom and aunts were also raised in that church. My dad wasn't raised in any one church. He attended several different churches and denominations as a child - Luthern, Methodist, Mormon, Baptist, but none regularly. He attended our church when we were children, but has since quit going except for special events such as baptisms.
I have become more involved there as I've grown up. I'm in the choir (currently the youngest member at 27!), serve on two of our boards, and assist the children's progam. After growing out of the youth group at 18, there hasn't been much for young adults at our church, so many of them leave. Recently, two of the ladies have started a women's bible study which runs for about eight weeks at a time. I've found those to be really interesting and it helps to connect with the older ladies at church.
My favorite part of the service is the music. We have a contemporary service with a praise band and a traditional service with a choir and organ. I sometimes sing with the praise band for major holidays, but I prefer the traditional service. I love the hymns. note.gif

Anyway, sorry for the long history. I tend to ramble when I get going.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 02-Apr-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I have seen many that have posted here but not too many replies. So I just thought I would wish everyone a warm welcome. Glad you like the music and if you stick around you will hear and find some really cool stuff. I've been listening for several years now and it has been quite the adventure.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]