Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,126 Gold!

Wow, in case you think you have landed at another forum - no you have not!

We have just installed the new forum software and converted the entire database. Yes it looks very different and yes you are probably going to be unfamiliar with some of the features and different ways this new software works. I think once you start using the new board you will find it easier and faster.

Just a quick note, if you want to read the most recent messages click "read new messages" above each topic so you are not scrolling through old messages.

We will be redesigning the look and feel (sorry the blue style is not staying) to fit our main page. So if you can grin and bear the blue metallic look for a few weeks to give me time to program the new interface!

Please post any questions in the support forum so we can all learn this new software.

Thanks so much for your support! wink.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Oh the Colors the unceltic colors. blink.gif

At least in my case I always think Green with Celtic colors partly due to the wonderful images I have always seen of the Highlands. smile.gif

I'll wait on critiqueing the new software until after full upgrade.

One point though don't forghet to change message order I did notice it's oldest first. Liked newest first better.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,126 Gold!

QUOTE (scottish2 @ May 26 2003, 06:15 PM)
One point though don't forget to change message order I did notice it's oldest first. Liked newest first better.

The post order is probably going to be the most difficult item to use for now because the old forum was listed by newest post first.

I am looking into a modification to get the posts sorted by newest date first. Might be a few days.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
free2Bme 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Oh I dunno - I sort of like the blue ... reminds me of the Saltire Flag! I agree about changing the posting order,it is much easier if the newest posts are up first.

I am glad we have some more smilies too! Thanks MacFive! I LOVE Highlander Radio! wub.gif

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Macfive @ May 26 2003, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (scottish2 @ May 26 2003, 06:15 PM)
One point though don't forget to change message order I did notice it's oldest first. Liked newest first better.

The post order is probably going to be the most difficult item to use for now because the old forum was listed by newest post first.

I am looking into a modification to get the posts sorted by newest date first. Might be a few days.

Hi Paul

Check the forums control panel, that is where it was in Ikon and PHP boards so assume it would be in the CP here as well so no need for any hacks. Hopefully if it's like the others. ph34r.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,126 Gold!

Thanks Dave. I will check there. I have to say that the new board is easier to read than ikonboard. As far as color themes, the first one to be designed is the green Highlander Radio theme which is on our frontpage. The way the whole site is being designed is so that at some future date we will have a different theme for each celtic nation (plus the standard highlander radio).
scottish2 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sounds cool!!! cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 26-May-2003, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

I have alot of experience as being user of php boards... and i have to say that I think php is easier to handle than most of all (although ezboard is quite easy too)... I think that the step was a good one!

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 26-May-2003, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Wow!!! cool.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
tartangal 
Posted: 27-May-2003, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

QUEEN OF SCOTLAND
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Glasgow, Scotland

female

Paul, what can I say except WOW!!!!!!
The site and the forum look fantastic. You have done an amazing job and as one of the many who will benefit from all your hard work can I just say a big

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS smile.gif tongue.gif smile.gif tongue.gif smile.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

Jules

--------------------
Jules

As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
Leonardo da Vinci (1452 - 1519)
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
  Posted: 27-May-2003, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Looking gooooooooood!!!!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail Poster                
CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-May-2003, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
223,126 Gold!

Thanks all for your kind comments! Yes, this board is based on PHP Aon and you are write, the PHP boards are much faster and easier to maintain that some of the other boards out there. Since CelticRadio.net is going to be totally PHP, it was necessary to switch to this board. Everything seems to be coming together very nicely. Between the webserver, radioserver and new design ? it is very satisfying that it is all working together!

I think though that perhaps my wife thinks I?ve gone over the edge. The room that has the computer servers resembles a backroom at CompUSA. Unfortunately, that part of the house has a electrical breaker that seems to switch off in the summer months when we get the pool filter hooked up. So this winter I pain stakeningly configured the 2 computers, routers and dsl modem with 2 battery back up devices. Well, my wife turned on the pool filter yesterday morning and a few hours later the breaker blew. My daughter first noticed the many beeping noises coming from the computer room and as I stood there watching in amazement as the Highlander Radio website and station kept chugging along on it?s own power I realized that I just might be a computer geek??.I think my wife thought I was happy the power went off??now where would she get that idea from? smile.gif
Aon_Daonna 
  Posted: 27-May-2003, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

rolleyes.gif
I plucked my bf's cable a few times when he had this *grummel* laptop with him in bed... nothing against computer geeks =) 2 of my best friends are (one of them worked for IBM net solutions and they financed him his new pc.. lucky fella!)...

Well the Star Wars RPG i'm in is now changing the boards to php and they are entirely positive that the boards will be able to manage the increasing number of players.
So, the future belongs to php! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 27-May-2003, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Paul

You'll have to take a picture sometime of Highlander Radio's Station and post it so we can all see that mad jumble of wires LOL tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-May-2003, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Paul, are you going to add to the dropdown list of fonts? We can use any font as long as we type it in manually like this or this.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]