Posted: 13-Mar-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: In a boat in the North Hebrides

male

Hi everyone.

Lately I have been a bit "out" in a NHS holidays spot for free. Not too bad: free accommodation, free meals, good service, beautiful staff. The hotel was one of its Fawlty Towers hotel: it is called Conquest Hospital, in Hastings.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawlty_towers)

I am getting some days better than others after the stroke while driving but the late "down" has been a "bit" long.

So, now I do spend most of the day in front of this machine from Hell that has become my window to the World.

I am writing for the following:

This is an experiment on how far can be done with Microsoft FrontPage and how many hosts have the FrontPage extensions. That's why is over loaded of crap (music, images, wallpapers, etc.). So far I've found out how to convert FrontPage to FTP when uploading the site into the host web site (or Remote Web Site how is called). So far so good. The good thing is that with FrontPage oneself don't need to have to know to write the HTML (what used to take me days to do...) or how to use a professional software (what I don't have a clue).

First thing that I did realise is that it is too slow to open the pages for first time, specially connect the background music and to display all the images. I need to correct that. Also I couldn't manage to make to work the Power Point slides in the page "My Pictures", so I did convert them into Word Documents (that also some times, takes too long to open or even it is necessary to refresh the page). I need to correct that too. About the .pps I didn't think in Windows Movie Maker... I am getting old... I will have a go on that. Better to use the free software Freemaker Video Converter, I think... Or Nero 7 Essentials. I have the 3 of them in my PC.

Please, just tell me what do you think, how can be improved, what should be taken away, what is missing, etc.

I would appreciate indeed any link on music, pictures, images, information, history, food, folk, etc., that could fit into each page (specially into de Celt Countries). Some of my friends did send me things in the past but I've lost all in a small fire in my flat (long history... one of my rages together with my lately continuous depression...) that did burn up my backup external HD.

Tis is my "baby": www.tino1948.co.uk

Slàinte!

Tino

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Tino, àn Gaileach

"It is better Honour without ships than ships without Honour"
- Admiral Méndez Núñez
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]