Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,193 Gold!

Hi everyone

Sounds like all of you have known each other for a long time. I'm new to this site. Live in Illinois. Am married with 2 children not living at home anymore. Love Celtic music, reenactments, encampments etc. Just got back from an encampment at Fort Massac at Metropolis ,Illinois last Monday. Already counting the days until the Spring festival season starts. I ordered more of my tartan after the St. Louis Scottish games the first of this month. Gwenlee...you sound like me...I danced all weekend at St. Louis. laugh.gif Nice to meet all of you. Eileen
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Oct-2007, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. I had to work. But I am off tonight and tomorrow.

I guess I'll use the next two days to get this done around the house before I start my 3 day stretch.

Lenieww, welcome. What kind of dancing do you do? I do Scottish Country Dancing. I love doing it. The Stone Mountain game is one of the highlight of the year. I told my husband that I have decided that there are not enough hours during that weekend to do all the things that I want. What kind of re-enactments do you do?

Hey Rindy-How is the weather your way? We are having a little chill here. I figure you have some snow your way or at least on the mountain tops.

My son in law gave me his hot tub. So we went and got it yesterday and my hunny spent the day cleaning it and checking the system. We were told there are a few things that need to be fixed. So far there is nothing major wrong with it.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Gwenlee

valpal59 
Posted: 29-Oct-2007, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

WELCOME LEENIEWW!!!!

We finally got to sleep in our new bedroom. I am now a happy camper. The Jaccuzi tub was the best money I have ever spent.
The weather is starting to really cool off here. We are supposed to be warm today and tomorrow, then it gets cool again.

Have a great day everyone.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
Posted: 29-Oct-2007, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

I'm here at the library right now, using the internet and checking email.

I just sent a PM to our favorite Red Sox fan (aka Macfive), congratulating him on his team winning the World Series. If history repeats itself, next year will be my White Sox' turn biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
gwenlee 
Posted: 29-Oct-2007, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I got the house straightened today and am prepared to work the next 3 nights.

I placed the order today for my daughters graduation announcements. It feels like it is short time.

The temperature has dropped some here in Georgia. In fact my husband felt a need to turn on the heat.

I was going to plant some pansies but with the drought I decided against it. We have some fall clean up to do, and we are trying to gather up as many Black Walnuts as we can for my mother. I don't like them but she and my aunts love them.

I did some Christmas shopping today. I think my son is really going to like what I got him.

Well everyone take care

Gwenlee
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 29-Oct-2007, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well, I'm at home trying to get the grandaughter to settle down. Between teething and shots she is being a little bear today. For now she seems to be happy slurping on her fingers while I hold her so maybe I can get some one handed posting done. Then maybe I can get to my class assignments for the week.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 30-Oct-2007, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I finished up the costume for my friend. She was so excited. I was glad that I could help her.

My daughter went and talked with a Navy recruiter. I'm not really sure she wants to do it. She is a senior and kind of unsure what she wants to do. I told her it is not something she signs up for and then changes her mind. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. But it is her decision in the end.

Well it looks like we are starting to have some fall weather, time to pull out the sweater. I love this time of the year.

gwenlee
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 30-Oct-2007, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Gee, nobody's posted any costume pics yet? What's everybody dressing up as? bag.gif batman.gif cowboy.gif fireman2.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 31-Oct-2007, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

I can't believe it has been so long since I've been here! Where does the time go?!

It sound like everyone is doing well plodding right along. I have been so busy and it sounds like everyone else is in the same boat.

Hope everyone has a safe, fun and Happy Halloween!

Cheers beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Oct-2007, 12:28 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Howdy everyone! Bet doing lots of preperation for Halloween tomorrow night. It might be to cold.
Gwenlee I have a feeling it might snow here. It was raining and 32 degrees a bit ago so it might.

Looks like everyone is keep busy.

Have a safe and Happy Halloween. Would love to see pictures of costumes if anyone has any.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Oct-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rindy it sounds like you are going to have a good time tonight. I will be working. Lucky you. Any kind of wetness would be welcomed here. I remember when I lived in Alaska as a kid we always had snow around Halloween. We were usually so bundled up that you couldn't see our costumes. Sometimes we would go to the big gym at the base and instead of trick or treating we would have a big party.

I hope all of you have a good time and a safe time

Gwenlee
MDF3530 
  Posted: 31-Oct-2007, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

I ain't dressing up this year because I'm not answering the door at my parents' house. If I was, I'd probably be the Unabomber. That's not a hard one to pull off for me. I have sunglasses and hoodies.

My dad took some pictures of my sister's kids in their costumes. Megan was a baby, Amy was a fairy princess, and Jay was Darth Vader. Uncle Mike (the Star Wars freak) approved of that one thumbup.gif biggrin.gif . Their dog, Daisy, was dressed up as a witch.

My favorite all-time costume of mine was my last year of trick-or-treating when my friend Nathan and I went as the Blues Brothers. He was Jake and I was Elwood.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Nov-2007, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Gee! After Thanksgiving I sure hope things slow down a bit for me. But then there is Christmas! Yikes! I haven't even begun to think about shopping yet!

Had fun Halloween. Our church does a Harvest Fest that night with lots of games, candy, cakes, cookies and a couple of those huge big blow up fun houses where people crawl into and jump up and down and slide out of. That was a big hit. I took TONS of photos of the kids and adults who dressed up. Hubby stayed home and stayed outside taking photos. Against my rules, he also dressed up one of the dogs for Halloween too and had her out there. Halloween costumes can frighten dogs and your setting yourself up for a dog bite, but DH lives in denial over that one. rolleyes.gif He did it anyway and thankfully all turned out well. Both our dog and the kids and adults had a great time with each other. My poor Irish dog was totally worn out by the end of the evening.

Still been taking lots of photos at different events, for individuals, and just for fun. But I have had a lot of other things going on too. Seems like it has been steady busy for me since last May for one reason or another. I have my last re-enactment for the year in two weeks.

Weather here is very nice but still a bit warm in the high 80s. That is cool for us desert dwellers, but warm in comparison to where the rest of you who are facing not only much cooler temps but snow!

Hope all you who attended Stone Mtn games had fun. I will be at the Tucson Celtic and Scottish Highland games this whole weekend as a re-enactor.

Have a great weekend!
MDF3530 
Posted: 02-Nov-2007, 04:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hello everyone!

I thought I'd stop by the library today to use the internet, so here I am.

Hope everyone's Halloween was fun and safe.

I went to an All Saint's Day Mass yesterday. I was over in my old neighborhood applying for jobs, so I decided to go to the regular weekday 3:30 Mass in the chapel of the local Catholic hospital (run by the Little Company of Mary order of Sisters). I was suprised to see that one of the former pastors of my old church was the celebrant. It's a pretty little chapel. I got some pictures that I'll post to my Flickr page this weekend.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 02-Nov-2007, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Wow! What a day I had yesterday after work...My father in law black out behind the wheel and totaled out the back end of his car. He ok and luckly it happened in his own yard. Then he decide to drive the wreck to his Senior citizen meal anyway. He's ok but poor guy He just turned 90 so thankfully he's decided let someone else do the driving from now on.
Also went to see Joseph and the Amazing Tchnicolor Dreamcoat last ight done by a local theatre company. It's one of my favorite musicals and I already own the DVD so I wanted a chance to see it live. I should have went for a more professional tour because it was just plain bad. But it looked like it was mostly high school seniors and a few theatre people so I let it go. Just hope someone shows them that they can do more on stage than stand there and sing.
In other news form the north granddaughter has two front teeth now and is back to being a happy baby again.
Waiting for puppies to show up. Should be any time now.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]