TandVh 
Posted: 01-Jul-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

Just watched Bridge to Terrabithia with the kids. (Kids- 17, 19,21 yrs old)
I cried!

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
garfieldpurrs 
Posted: 02-Jul-2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Scotland

male

"The Wind That Shakes The Barley" is an excellent film, another eye-opener!

I enjoyed Shrek the Third, Pirates of the Carribean ( all three ) and Ratatouille is great..
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 07-Jul-2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I just finished watching The Illusionist and Night At the Museum. Both were really good. The Illusionist was exciting and kept me at the edge of my seat. I recommend it to anyone. The Night at the Museum was funny and my kids really enjoyed it
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I just got back from a matinee showing of Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix. Very good. It follows the book much more closely than Goblet of Fire did.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Aaediwen 
Posted: 14-Jul-2007, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Just finished watching Freedom Writers. I'm not going to ask you to watch it. I'm going to TELL you to watch it!

When I first heard about it, I figured it was going to be just another good ghetto renaissance movie like Dangerous Minds was (Also a very good movie, that I like). Even as I started watching it, I figured it was a dramatized portrayal of something way too complex to be real, and surely something that I have no concept of considering I don't feel it's somewhere I've been or will be.

Then, near the end, in the final notes, they follow up on the real story. I can't express my shock here! OMG! This movie is REAL! Here I was thinking it would probably never happen like they were showing, when it already had! Right down to the comparison gangland sketches and WWII Nazi Propaganda! This is stuff that is IN the streets and classrooms of America TODAY! And to make that kind of connections. . .

And then the realization that those kids, at that stage in life, and that there ARE THAT MANY people in the US who don't know what the Holocaust was, and who have never heard of the evils of Krystalnacht und Blitzkreig, when Even as detached as I am from it in time and space I get a shudder at the idea of glass and fire in the night!

Watch this movie! The diaries quoted in it are from those who lived the story directly! Remember that! For those of us who have never been in a situation of this kind, it's like a foreign war. we cannot ever truly understand it. But we must not allow ourselves to dismiss it either!

http://www.freedomwritersfoundation.org

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 15-Jul-2007, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 14-Jul-2007, 01:31 PM)
I just got back from a matinee showing of Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix. Very good. It follows the book much more closely than Goblet of Fire did.

Hi Mike,

My wife and I just got back from the movie playing tonight. I've read the UK version of the book about 20 or so times and I would agree with you, that the fifth movie is closer (but only slightly) to the book.

I was disappointed, but not as disappointed as I was with the fourth movie - at least this one followed 45 or so percent of what Rowling wrote. One thing that I saw lacking was real teenage emotion - like yelling. Harry acted like Umbridge slipped him Valium instead of trying to give him Veritaserum.

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I just finished watching ghost rider. It was a good show, but my kids were a little scared
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 15-Jul-2007, 12:32 AM)
Hi Mike,

My wife and I just got back from the movie playing tonight. I've read the UK version of the book about 20 or so times and I would agree with you, that the fifth movie is closer (but only slightly) to the book.

I was disappointed, but not as disappointed as I was with the fourth movie - at least this one followed 45 or so percent of what Rowling wrote. One thing that I saw lacking was real teenage emotion - like yelling. Harry acted like Umbridge slipped him Valium instead of trying to give him Veritaserum.

I kinda liked the girl playing Luna doing it in a Cindy Brady-ish way.

I saw the movies before I read the books (I started checking the books out of the library when I moved to my new town), and now that I've read all the books, the Goblet of Fire movie seemed slapped together.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

We watched " Mr. Deeds" with Adam Chandler...huh what a bore
didn't find it funny at all thumbs_down.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Didn't care for Mr. Deeds either. It's a remake anyway. Off to see HP tomorrow. I think I got the whole Snape-good or bad thing figured out along with the R.A. B. initials.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

One of my top ten favorites of all time - "Seven Samurai" - love that movie, never get tired of it.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Jul-2007, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Watched three movies and loved them all:

You, me and Depree (hilarious!)
My Super Ex-Girlfriend (very entertaining)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest. You know I have never seen this film till yesterday? Jack Nicholson was quite the handsome fellow back then. Very good film as well.
Drothgord 
Posted: 17-Jul-2007, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Kerava, Finland

male

Letters from Iwo Jima, i recommend it to you all smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 17-Jul-2007, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Freedom Writers was very fine, I agree, we should all see it. The Wind That Shakes the Barley -- nobody on this site should even think about missing it.

I suggest Talk To Me because it brings back an era to me very sharply -- it is about a black DJ on a Washington radio station at the time King was assassinated. It is both excruciatingly funny and painfully sad. Not one for the kids -- but a tremendous performance (I think Oscar-nomination-worthy) from Don Cheadle. Check out the reviews to see if it appeals to you. If anything, it should appeal to us because of the portrayal of radio broadcasting life and the various freedoms and restrictions that apply -- kind of "how the sausage is made and marketed".
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-Jul-2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Saw Harry Potter and the OotP tonight. It was a pretty good movie to watch and the slight innuendos that occured between characters was fun to watch. You can see the different relationships forming better. They did leave out alot of Harry's saty at Sirrus house but that wasn't too interesting anyway. Good movie-can't wait to see all the delaeted scence and director's cuts that will be out soon. I really like the one woman whose haitr kept changing color like a mood ring-can't remember her name and too tired to look it up. And is it just me or does this movie really seem to suggest a relationship between Harry and Luna.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]