Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Got this letter from a friend.....hope my typing is acceptable unsure.gif

As I head off to Baghdad for the final weeks of my stay in Iraq, I wanted
to say thanks to all of you who did not believe the media. They have done a very poor job of covering everything that has happened. I am sorry that I have not been able to visit all of you during my two week leave back home, and justso you can rest at night knowing something is happening in Iraq that is noteworthy, I thought I would pass this on to you. This is the list of things that has happened in Iraq recently:

-Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever
in Iraq.
-Over 400,000 kids have up to date immunizations.
-Over 1500 schools have been renovated and ridded of the weapons that were stored there so education can occur.
-The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off loaded from ships faster.
-School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.
-The country had it's first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.
-The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the
war.
-100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed compared to 35% before the war.
-Elections are taking place in every major city and city councils are in
place.
-Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.
-Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
-Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
-Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.
-Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.
-Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to
prevent the spread of germs.
-An interim constitution has been signed.
-Girls are allowed to attend school for the first time ever in Iraq.
-Text books that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

Don't believe for one second that these people do not want us there. I have met many many people from Iraq that want us there and in a bad way. They say they will never see the freedoms we talk about but they hope their children will. We are doing a good job in Iraq and I challenge anyone, anywhere to dispute me on these facts.

If you are like me and very disgusted with how this period of rebuilding
has been portrayed, email this to a friend and let them know there are good things happening.

Ray Reynolds, SFC
Iowa Army National Guard
234th Signal Battalion

It's nice to have something positive about Irag instead of the negativity that everyone is so willing to believe, dismissing the positive aspects. I hate seeing young men die, but maybe............................

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

According to Snopes, there's a bit more to the story. Here's an Iraqui response.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas @ Apr 24 2004, 09:29 PM)
According to Snopes, there's a bit more to the story. Here's an Iraqui response.

I guess there is always two sides to every story and it depends what side of the fence your on.

The Iraqi report is a out dated---seeing the lady Kathy made her trip in 2003 and the soldier's letter JaneyMae posted earlier is quoting up-to-date stats. I have to believe our military is fighting a noble cause...because I just can handle thinking that the ones who lost their lives did so in vain. unsure.gif sad.gif

Pray for an end to the War in Iraq...Pray for Peace!
Roisin

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Apr 25 2004, 03:39 AM)

Roisin

Pray for those (kind, sensative person) and for the removal of excess "shrubs in the government" to make those possible, because King George II has no CLUE of how to extract us from Bushnam. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Apr 25 2004, 02:39 AM)
I guess there is always two sides to every story and it depends what side of the fence your on.

The Iraqi report is a out dated---seeing the lady Kathy made her trip in 2003 and the soldier's letter JaneyMae posted earlier is quoting up-to-date stats. I have to believe our military is fighting a noble cause...because I just can handle thinking that the ones who lost their lives did so in vain. unsure.gif sad.gif

Roisin

There are two sides to every story, however I have a hard time believing reports from Iraq as they kill innocents at every turn and then blame the USA. I too cannot stand the thought that those who have died, did so in vein.

I'm grateful we live where we can put down our government or praise it and no one comes to our homes and kills us for voicing our opinions.

Yes, pray for peace in the world with no more terrorism!
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I agree with you JaneyMae...I support our troops in Iraq and in Afganistan. I know the terrorists are to blame. Just hearing about all the killing of our military day after day is taking its toll. I have always believed that war is sometimes neccesary to confront evil.

When I say Pray for the war in Iraq to end...I'm in essence saying that I hope all conflict (especially by the terrorists) will end so that there can be peace and our military can come home.
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ Apr 25 2004, 12:27 PM)
I'm grateful we live where we can put down our government or praise it and no one comes to our homes and kills us for voicing our opinions.
thumbs_up.gif

That is what we're fighting for.

MacE

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 25-Apr-2004, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MacEoghainn @ Apr 25 2004, 03:50 PM)
thumbs_up.gif

That is what we're fighting for.

MacE

Unfortunately we are NOT fighting for that in Bushnam (Iraq). We are fighting for Bush's ego and lies about WMD's and Al Queda connections that didn't exist. There are indeed foreign terrorists in Bushnam, NOW. The have arrived in droves after our dear president put so many US troups so they are convenient for the terrorists to attack. The pattern of warfare now is JUST like in Vietnam, with the exception that it is CITY gorilla warfare rather than jungle. We have already lost the war. The deaths of the hundreds of coalition troups is wasted on Bush's ego. He is too stupid to admit it, so the deaths will just go on and on......
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 26-Apr-2004, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Lies about WMD's?

I thought Bob Graham was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Dec. 8, 2002 - We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction.

I thought Robert Byrd was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Oct. 3, 2002 - The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons.

I thought Jay Rockerfeller was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Oct 10, 2002 - There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.

I thought Nancy Pelosi was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Dec. 16, 1998 - Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process.

I thought Gore was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Sept. 23, 2002 - We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.

I thought Clinton was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Feb. 17, 1998 - If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program.

I thought Kerry was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Jan. 23. 2003 - Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his contin ued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real.

I thought Ted Kennedy was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?
Sept. 27, 2002 - We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction

I thought the UN was on record as saying there were WMD's in Iraq?

You see, this whole "Bush lied about WMD's" is just political posturing. No news nor facts here. Move along.

There are indeed foreign terrorists in Iraq now.
American Forces Press Service - Jan. 30, 2004 - Terror groups from other countries are going out of their way to use Iraqi citizens in pursuing their objectives, a coalition military official said at a Baghdad news conference today.  "They have demonstrated time after time that the foreign terrorists will fight to the last Iraqi to achieve their aims here in Iraq," said Army Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, deputy operations director for Combined Joint Task force 7.

There were indeed foreign terrorists in Iraq at the start of the war.
Reuters - April 6, 2003 - The U.S. military said on Sunday it had captured or killed fighters from Sudan, Egypt and other countries in Iraq, and some of those captured had led it to a terrorist training camp.  Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks told a briefing at Central Command in Qatar that the camp, found at Salman Pak southeast of Baghdad, demonstrated "a linkage between this regime and terrorism."

There were indeed foreign terrorists in Iraq for the last decade.
- Abdul Rahman Yasin was the only member of the al Qaeda cell that detonated the 1993 World Trade Center bomb to remain at large in the Clinton years. He fled to Iraq. U.S. forces recently discovered a cache of documents in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, that show that Iraq gave Mr. Yasin both a house and monthly salary.
- Bin Laden met at least eight times with officers of Iraq's Special Security Organization, a secret police agency run by Saddam's son Qusay, and met with officials from Saddam's mukhabarat, its external intelligence service.
- An al Qaeda operative now held by the U.S. confessed that in the mid-1990s, bin Laden had forged an agreement with Saddam's men to cease all terrorist activities against the Iraqi dictator.
-In 1999 the Guardian, a British newspaper, reported that Farouk Hijazi, a senior officer in Iraq's mukhabarat, had journeyed deep into the icy mountains near Kandahar, Afghanistan, in December 1998 to meet with al Qaeda men. Mr. Hijazi is "thought to have offered bin Laden asylum in Iraq," the Guardian reported.
- In October 2000, another Iraqi intelligence operative, Salah Suleiman, was arrested near the Afghan border by Pakistani authorities, according to Jane's Foreign Report, a respected international newsletter. Jane's reported that Suleiman was shuttling between Iraqi intelligence and Ayman al Zawahiri, now al Qaeda's No. 2 man.
- As recently as 2001, Iraq's embassy in Pakistan was used as a "liaison" between the Iraqi dictator and al Qaeda, says Colin Powell
- Spanish investigators have uncovered documents seized from Yusuf Galan -- who is charged by a Spanish court with being "directly involved with the preparation and planning" of the Sept. 11 attacks -- that show the terrorist was invited to a party at the Iraqi embassy in Madrid.
- In 1998, Abbas al-Janabi, a longtime aide to Saddam's son Uday, defected to the West. At the time, he repeatedly told reporters that there was a direct connection between Iraq and al Qaeda.
- Following the defeat of the Taliban, almost two dozen bin Laden associates "converged on Baghdad and established a base of operations there," Mr. Powell told the United Nations in February 2003.
- Abu Abdullah al-Iraqi was sent to Iraq by bin Laden to purchase poison gases several times between 1997 and 2000.
- Mohamed Mansour Shahab, a smuggler hired by Iraq to transport weapons to bin Laden in Afghanistan, was arrested by anti-Hussein Kurdish forces in May, 2000.
- Documents found among the debris of the Iraqi Intelligence Center show that Baghdad funded the Allied Democratic Forces, a Ugandan terror group led by an Islamist cleric linked to bin Laden. According to a London's Daily Telegraph, the organization offered to recruit "youth to train for the jihad" at a "headquarters for international holy warrior network" to be established in Baghdad.

You see, this whole "Bush encouraged terrorists to come to Iraq" and "There are no ties between Iraq and al Queda" is just political posturing. No news nor facts here. Move along.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 26-Apr-2004, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

QUOTE (Shamalama @ Apr 26 2004, 05:02 PM)
You see, this whole "Bush encouraged terrorists to come to Iraq" and "There are no ties between Iraq and al Queda" is just political posturing. No news nor facts here. Move along.

Agreed.

One our closest friends was very high ranking in the republican guard under Saddam Hussein. He had to do runs between thetwo of them, as well as acta s security while Osama Bin Ladin. No someone please tell my why I should disbelieve someone who might as well be a member of my family?

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 26-Apr-2004, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (RavenWing @ Apr 26 2004, 12:43 PM)
Agreed.

One our closest friends was very high ranking in the republican guard under Saddam Hussein. He had to do runs between thetwo of them, as well as acta s security while Osama Bin Ladin. No someone please tell my why I should disbelieve someone who might as well be a member of my family?

A member of your family? Does this mean YOU have ties to terrorism? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

A member of your family? Does this mean YOU have ties to terrorism? 

You have no idea what that psycho did to him and I HIGHLY resent that remark.
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 01-May-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Apr 25 2004, 02:25 PM)
I agree with you JaneyMae...I support our troops in Iraq and in Afganistan. I know the terrorists are to blame. Just hearing about all the killing of our military day after day is taking its toll. I have always believed that war is sometimes neccesary to confront evil.

When I say Pray for the war in Iraq to end...I'm in essence saying that I hope all conflict (especially by the terrorists) will end so that there can be peace and our military can come home.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who supports our fight against tyranny and terrorism. I do not want our boys there but since they are we had best finish it up. Terrorism is fine to make fun of and say it doesn't exist until it effects our family and friends. We can label what is going on there with cliches (brother dear) but it still exists. It isn't Clintons fault or Bushes or the Republicans or the Democrats. The blame lies with the evil beings in this world: Hussein and Bin Ladin to name two. I am a definite pacifist and detest any kind of fighting and killing but I also hate seeing innocents killed!

Ravenwing, I'm sorry someone you know and love had to suffer at the hands of a beast!

It would be grand if the media would discuss the good things that are troops who are coming home are talking about. The violence is in limited pockets. The good is tremendous! Children have food, electricity, water, and are having the opportunity to learn rather than fearing for their young lives for the very first time.

My two cents!
Shamalama 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

The media refuses to discuss the good things that are troops who are coming home are talking about.

The media refuses to acknowledge that violence is in limited pockets.

The media refuses to tell us how children have food, electricity, water, and are having the opportunity to learn rather than fearing for their young lives for the very first time.

That's because the media does not want this operation to succeed. Between Bush and Hussein, the media has chosen Hussein. And in any other country but the US it would be considered treason.

PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 01-May-2004, 03:55 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ May 1 2004, 05:28 PM)
That's because the media does not want this operation to succeed.  Between Bush and Hussein, the media has chosen Hussein.  And in any other country but the US it would be considered treason.

That's because a large part of the "Mainstream Media" is just the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party and the Democrats want this war to be a failure. They may have various reasons for this but the main one is so they can regain their political power (power they think is rightfully theirs). As for Treason, that's one of the reasons I'm no longer a Democrat.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]