Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Search Links

Single Page

Links

Sort by in  
A Drifter's Legacy

Read for free some of Eddie Bruce's acclaimed Scottish & English Short Stories.

"Written with a wonderful sense of irony and dry humour, acclaimed and emulated by fellow-writers for their technical perfection, these stories will reduce you successively to shocked silence and helpless laughter. Mr. Bruce can find humour in tragedy and a vein of sadness just below the surface of comedy. These could only have been written by someone who had lived a long life in the role of an outsider, and who understands the uneasy truce that defines the end point in the battle against alcoholism. A truly riveting and unforgettable journey through the soul of a superb storyteller with a wealth of stories to tell." David Gardiner, London, U.K.

"Few short story anthologies possess the ability to continually change pace while simultaneously controlling their content. Mr. Bruce delighted me with his timing and amazed me with his craft as he blended hyperbole with sentiment, Cockney slang with Edwardian sophistication, all mixed together with a smattering of Highland dialect. This book understands the nuances of life offered to those who work for a living yet its understated tone allows the reader to read between the lines and draw conclusions without being clubbed by trite metaphors or bawdy language. It is, quite simply, elegance without the pretence. To his credit, the author refuses to bemoan his characters' simple existence. Rather, he elevates them through their own actions as they deal with life in its barest sense. Folks, this is a great book. Miss it at your own peril." Bob Church, Quincy, Illinois, U.S.A.

(Added By: orraloon On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1459 )

Rate Link Add Comments

SaveGaelic.org Scottish Gaelic Portal

Scottish Gaelic portal aimed at promoting Gaelic in Scotland and around the world. Includes an online forum where visitors can get help with their Gaelic or ask questions about the language. The site is run by volunteers and is non-profit.

(Added By: Guest On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1444 )

Rate Link Add Comments

The St. Andrew's Society of Connecticut

The St. Andrew’s Society of Connecticut welcomes all who wish to share their love of Scotland, Scottish heritage and culture. Membership is open to all, you don’t have to be Scottish to belong.

Throughout the year members and guests gather together to celebrate Robert Burns’ birthday; and also for a High Tea, a family picnic, an ice cream social, and to sponsor a Scottish Festival--our biggest event.

The Society produces a newsletter The Caledonian 3-4 times a year. We have a Library which contains over 500 books, videos, audio tapes and other information. Members are entitled to borrow library items. We have a genealogy club for those members interested in tracing their families.

(Added By: Macfive On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1474 Comments :: 1)

Rate Link Add Comments

Sue Ellen Welfonder

Ceud mile failte is Gaelic for a hundred thousand welcomes and since my novels take place in medieval Scotland, it seems an appropriate greeting to offer those visiting my website. I hope, too, that you will enjoy the above glimpse at my very favorite part of Scotland: the hauntingly beautiful far north. Also known as Strathnaver, no other part of Scotland calls more to my soul or holds my heart more soundly. The day I took this photo I was filled with unfettered joy - full consumed by warmth and golden light, the sheer bliss of simply being in a place profoundly dear and meaningful to me. And now, even from across the vastness of the sea and far too many nights and days, just remembering is to know an unquenchable need to return.

(Added By: Highland Lassie On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1312 Comments :: 5)

Rate Link Add Comments

The New Order of Druids

The New Order of Druids is a free online Celtic community for those who seek the Druid path and want to learn more about Celtic culture, traditions and spirituality.

(Added By: Guest On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1117 )

Rate Link Add Comments

Dialogue Society For Scotland

The Dialogue Society for Scotland was established in 2004 by a group of Turkish-Muslim intellectuals, academics and volunteers as a not- for-profit charitable organization. The objective of the Dialogue Society for Scotland is to promote tolerance, understanding, mutual respected and acceptance of people as they are, between people from all walks of life. The Dialogue Society therefore actively encourages and nurtures dialogue between followers of different ideologies, different ethnic communities, adherents of different religions and members of society generally.

(Added By: Guest On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 1081 )

Rate Link Add Comments

British Rock Art Collection

A photo website about prehistoric rock art in the United Kingdom, grouped per county/council.

(Added By: Guest On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 654 )

Rate Link Add Comments

Celtic MP3s Music Magazine

The Celtic MP3s Music Magazine is a free monthly Celtic music magazine featuring free music downloads of Celtic, Scottish, Irish music from around the world. Here, you will find free music downloads from independent Celtic artists.

New to the Celtic MP3s Music Magazine? Subscribe to the monthly magazine or get free blog email updates. Some MP3s are time sensitive. So download them now. All of the latest MP3s are available for at least a month. As always, if enjoy the music, please help the artist out and buy their CD. Serving Celtic music fans since 2000!

(Added By: jackmurphy On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 813 )

Rate Link Add Comments

The Bard of Boston Blog

The Bard of Boston is a blog about New England culture, Celtic music and the creative process.

(Added By: thebardofboston On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 689 )

Rate Link Add Comments

Helen St.Helen-Galways West End by Pay and Jim Byrne

Interviews with Irish/Celtic Artist and others. Announcesments. And culture

(Added By: Guest On: 31st Dec 1969 Viewed: 590 )

Rate Link Add Comments

Total Hits (228,731) Total Links (281) Total Categories (46)

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]