Camac
Posted: 11-Feb-2008, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

11/02/08

I was born in Scotland but was brought to Canada over sixty years ago when my mother, a widow, married a Canadian. Landed in Halifax 7 Oct. 1947. By blood I'm a Scot but by culture, education, and language I'm more Canadian. I am beyond a doubt proud of my Scots heritage and in many respects I am torn between the love of both. The mortar that helps keep my perspective is I'm a Celt as my forfathers were. I consider myself bless by the Fates to have been raised in what I and a great many, many others consider the best place on Earth.

Camac.

b4u2 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 02:28 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (0Ash0Tree0 @ 09-Feb-2008, 03:23 PM)
I was born in Canada but consider myself a Celt and NOT a Canadian. The First Nations are Canadian the rest of us are just displaced. And being decended from Celts makes you a Celt.

I'm by blood a Celt or as near as you can get. Morison from Lewis Island outer Hebrides. Long story their but to sum it up.. Did not know my father who was born in Scotland. I was born in Canada and have lived in Ont, Sask, Ab, Nfld, and NS. Moving to Nova Scotia felt like coming home. I just fit in there... I had lived there for 3 years when I found out I was born a Morison. But I'm getting side tracked.
I am a first generation Canadian. My heritage is Scottish.
My native friends are Canadian with a First Nations heritage.
Lewis island is one of the last places where Gaelic is still spoken commonly but they are Scottish not Celtic. Folks from Italy are Italian not Roman. Folks from the Norway are Norwegian not Norse.
I agree having Celtic blood makes you a Celtic.... I have totally lost my train of thought

--------------------
Slainte Mhor
PMEmail Poster               
b4u2 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

male

The last post came off very pretentious. I did not intend it to be. Really tired...
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 09-Jul-2008, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (b4u2 @ 02-Jun-2008, 03:39 AM)
The last post came off very pretentious. I did not intend it to be. Really tired...

My great grandfather was from Guysborough NS. His family was Scottish as well as my great great gram. I also have Welsh in me going back 6 generations and going back even further, I've Breton. All that with English and Swedish married to an Arab. I take pride playing my pipes and I'm always inspired when I'm down home in Nova Scotia for the summer. It really brings out the Celt in me.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
oldraven 
Posted: 15-Jul-2008, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (b4u2 @ 02-Jun-2008, 01:28 AM)
I'm by blood a Celt or as near as you can get. Morison from Lewis Island outer Hebrides. Long story their but to sum it up.. Did not know my father who was born in Scotland. I was born in Canada and have lived in Ont, Sask, Ab, Nfld, and NS. Moving to Nova Scotia felt like coming home. I just fit in there... I had lived there for 3 years when I found out I was born a Morison. But I'm getting side tracked.
I am a first generation Canadian. My heritage is Scottish.
My native friends are Canadian with a First Nations heritage.
Lewis island is one of the last places where Gaelic is still spoken commonly but they are Scottish not Celtic. Folks from Italy are Italian not Roman. Folks from the Norway are Norwegian not Norse.
I agree having Celtic blood makes you a Celtic.... I have totally lost my train of thought

What part of Nova Scotia do you live in, b4u2? I'm in Guysborough Co., about dead centre between Antigonish and Guysborough (town).

It's always good to have another local around. smile.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]