Patch 
Posted: 10-Jan-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is one of the "Blue Dog Democrats (probably the most right leaning) who ran on the promise of opposing Pelosi and voting against health care to rectify her previous mistake. She was also one of the D's who voted against pelosi for minority speaker. It appears from his computer records that his plans began in 2007 and his favorite book was The Communist Manifesto. The congresswoman is a 2nd amendment supporter who would have been better served had she and others been armed.

The perp used a Glock 17 with a 30 round(?) clip. I have checked and suspect it is an after market clip. He was lucky that the first clip worked as extended feeder springs are not very reliable.

"The Patriot Post (www.patriotpost.us/subscribe/ )"

For the Record

"[W]e pray for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, her family, and the other victims of the heinous violence in Arizona. It should not be, but the media, under the guise of 'a full exposition' of the evil in Arizona, is back to subtly and not so subtly pinning the blame for the attempted assassination of the Congresswoman and the related shootings on the tea party movement, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, me, you, and everyone right of center. Let's be crystal clear: this is the supposedly objective news media doing this, not the openly, partisan left, though it is fueling the media witch hunt. And from what we now know, it is not just media malpractice, but a lie. Ironically, by perpetuating the lie -- by even treating it as a legitimate topic of consideration to revisit the accusations of violence and hate the media tried to run with prior to the November election -- that the right and the tea party incited this evil act, the left and media may very well incite violence against the right. ... But then there is the real culprit -- the shooter himself. A friend of the shooter's described the shooter as decidedly 'left-wing' as recently as 2007. On YouTube, he flagged as a favorite video one of a person dressed as a terrorist burning the American flag. Only a lunatic or a leftist would do that. His favorite work was not a Glenn Beck book, but a staple of every left-wing bookshelf, the Communist Manifesto. In the Communist Manifesto , there are numerous, frequent calls for violence against the bourgeoisies. ... It is also not to say in any way, shape, or form that the guy is of the left. If, however, we take the evidence as presented and not as the media and left would have it presented, the shooter very clearly is not of the right. More precisely, the shooter is neither left-wing nor right-wing. He is crazy and evil -- a word not used enough. ... By the way, as an exit thought, the tea party movement won in November. Winners don't go on shooting sprees." -

-Red State blogger Erick Erickson

Slàinte,     

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 11-Jan-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I have watched and listened to the coverage of this since Sunday, and have come to the following conclusions.

The Congresswoman was a conservative Democrat. While the going term in the
media seems to be "Blue Dog Democrat", I would think the term "centrist" would
be a better term. The chasm that exists between the 2 parties has grown to the point that a third party is needed to fill the gap.
With "Right" leaning Democrats, and "Left" leaning Republicans, perhaps they should BOTH tell there respective parties to kiss off and form said party.

The shooter was registered as an independent, but hadn't voted recently and was listed as "Inactive".
I have heard ALL kinds of "Theories" about his politics from he was a Communist,
to he was a CIA plant.
The FACT is, he was a mentally ill individual that was living in his own mind.

Should he have been able to buy the pistol he used? NO! But under the law, he had no felonies, and those that noticed his downward spiral failed to notify ANYONE. That being said, he passed the background check and was able to do so.
It was a legal purchase. Would more laws have changed this? Most likely not.

Was vitriolic political rhetoric(Right OR Left) responsible? I think not. Remember,
that he was living in his own mind. I belive the voices in his head were the the
cause. NOT Palin. NOT Beck. NOT who ever the left may have on the air(Sorry, I
truly have no idea who the left versions might be)!
It was ALL a result of his own mind and lack of a grip on reality.

This was a tragedy, with a horrific loss of life.
NO one is to blame for this young man's action!

Just MY take on this.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 11-Jan-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I think we are about to find that his bizarre actions were reported to the sheriff's dept much earlier. With our HIPPA privacy laws, it is virtually impossible to release that type of info to anyone. Had the sheriff sought it because of complaints, HE could have gotten it but he did not. Sometimes being PC rises up and bites you. The sheriff was right about one thing!! We used to lock them up 30 or 40 years ago and we should today!

They have determined now that the bullet entered her forehead thus improving her possible outcome. The "cavitation" damage would be at the left rear of her brain. That should preserve the areas she needs to continue her life and career. I suspect he was using inexpensive FMJ ammo to which would also help

In viewing some of the shooters rants, it is hard to pin down what his political leanings are. He listed the Communist Manifesto as his favorite book in, I believe, facebook. His dislike of the congresswoman began before the 2008 elections. A Time News pundit advised obama to remember, "never let a good crisis go to waste."

I suspect the third party will come as it did in Canada. Their old conservative party became so liberal that they started a NEW conservative party. It has most of it's strength in the west.

In streaming news I am getting right now, the house plans to have a bill tomorrow (by a D) to ban high capacity magazines. The high cap mags cut the blood bath short. If he had 4 or 5 15 shot mags he would likely emptied them all. I have a number of 30 shot mags for AR 15's and SKS rifles and there are probably many hundreds of thousands more of them in private hands. The 30 shot mags for a glock are after market trash that are mostly sold mail order. No one around here including a firearms mall have ever sold or stocked one.

They are also looking at a bill to reign in the talk shows.

The congresswoman was not the first one shot and had she carried her own firearm the toll might have been much less. Obviously she was not able to depend on the police to save the day. They brought the chalk to outline the bodies.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 12-Jan-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

What shameful reaction of our legislators, major media and a certain sheriff! Our nation is better than this ignorant witchhunt for everyone and everything but the true witch [my apologies to all good witches out there smile.gif]
PMEmail Poster                
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 12-Jan-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I think Dr. Charles Krauthammer, MD (Harvard Medical School, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology certified Psychiatrist) puts everything in perspective with this commentary:

Massacre, followed by libel

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 17-Jan-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

"The Patriot Post (www.patriotpost.us/subscribe/ )"

THE GIPPER

"The principle of liberty and justice for all is one of our Nation's most fundamental goals and responsibilities. The vicious conduct of criminals against innocent, law-abiding citizens, however, continues to victimize millions of Americans each year. Our heritage of liberty and justice for all is threatened by this toll, so all of us -- government officials, the criminal justice system, opinion-makers, and members of the public -- must heed and help crime victims. ... We must always remember that the responsibility for crimes lies with those who commit them, not with the innocent victims. ... Those who so successfully attend to the needs and rights of innocent victims of crime deserve our gratitude and our assistance as they seek 'liberty and justice for all.'"

--Ronald Reagan

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-Jan-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I heard yesterday evening on the news that the congress woman was able to stand in preparation to move to a rehab facility. Excellent news.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Jan-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I saw on last night's news that the congress woman is exceeding all expectations at the medical facility attached to the rehab center. She may be able to make a vote in the 90 day period required by Az law.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]