Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Artist's Corner, where are you at with your artwork?
Aaediwen 
Posted: 22-Mar-2004, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Here's what words I found yesterday. There may be something here on its own, but not quite the imagey I want. Just not working out atm

to her knees
in memories
Of things that once had been
'twas long ago
the beginnings of man
she curses the faith she had then
Tears fill her eyes
The eyes of a million years
Walking the strand
Alone ... with sea and land
The glowing sands of memorys born
glistens in her eyes
the sands of time she walks
then kneels
drawing her hand amoung eons
'twas she who stayed as guardian
guardian and teacher, now shunned
in agony now, she cried
her wail heard by all
much she has seen
Much she has done
Wonders she now where it has gone
The ground whispers to sooth her
The eagle glides above
her friends are here to comfort her
As the trees express their love
The flames they burn inside her
as they lap at the fround around her
following her
consuming nothing
for tis her memories she's burning
Burning a thousand yesterdays
she burns away a thousand years
Her cries of mourning referberating in all

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Mar-2004, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Wow. That's powerful!

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I started to work in a different medium to give myself a break from painting. I just finished an etching/print block. It was so refreshing to work with something new and it helped some new creative juices get flowing again.

I have so many ideas floating in my head, but because I'm so busy these days (helping my mom and working on putting together a Spring Fest in my local area)---I can't really find the time I need to devote to my art. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be a full time artist and how far I could develop my artwork? I guess we all wish we had more time?! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Roisin! I have been the full-time artist, doing nothing but artwork and doing the art show circuit. It was a lot of work but great fun. However, I worked so hard at it all that I got burned out and then I got discouraged when I wasn't becoming financially sucessful with it as art supplies are very expensive. But don't go by me. I developed a bad attitude about the whole thing after awhile.

I am seriously thinking about changing mediums too. I was thinking about getting into pastels and trying that. I know very little about it and will be bugging SB about what all I have to do to get into that. Do you work in pastels at all?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

I've tried my hand at pastels years ago. But more recently tried working with oil pastels. Now they are not as easy to blend but less messy. I think I might get back to them.

As for art supplies---you don't have to tell me how expensive they are. I worry about replenishing my paint supply, and I take extra care of my brushes too. One small brush can cost anywhere form 9 to 12 dollars. I've spent 500 to 700 dollars just rebuying supplies I needed. Talk about starving artists! laugh.gif

I wish I could work with clay again. I have plenty of sculpture tools, but I don't know where to buy good quality clay. Maybe I'll search the Web for a good art supply house.

later,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

You know Roisin! One area I have always wanted to work in was sculpture. I just think that would be so very neat! Have you tried that?
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 02-Apr-2004, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Sculpture is one of my favs. I took a sculpture class in college---loved it. Very non-traditional class. We welded and used wood as mediums. I haven't done it in a couple of years though.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 1 2004, 03:46 PM)
You know Roisin! One area I have always wanted to work in was sculpture. I just think that would be so very neat! Have you tried that?

Hey Rose, remember when I did some sculptural clay work? It was raku, when our friend and talented potter Karen Beswick would do a firing and let some of us amateurs participate. rolleyes.gif
What made me want to do sculpture was getting interested in cats as subject matter... I've drawn them many times, but for awhile there I just wanted to do dimensional interpretations. It was fun, but I made all kinds of mistakes and ended up with one really nice reclining cat snapping in half a couple of weeks after he was finished - I'd made the walls of his tummy too thin. I liked it so much though I glued that sucker back together! laugh.gif laugh.gif
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Yes, Sb! I remember very well when you did all that Raku sculpture. You did some really wonderful work in the medium. good for you in glueing back the kitty! Something you will always treasure!
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 03:39 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Hey Rose and S.B. Yes that is the hardest thing about sculpture is sometimes it doesn't always come out the way we plan...and you can't erase or paint over your mistakes. I would love to get back into it soon. smile.gif

Peace,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I am trying to work on my Aragorn portrait again. He is being done in colored pencil. There is something just not quite right and I can't figure out what it is. My friend,Becky, was up here the other day visiting me and she said the same thing and yet we both could not put our finger on what the problem is. I have tried putting him away and not looking at him for days and yet I still keep coming to the same conclusion............something ain't right.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Hey Rose, finish the piece anyway...then go back and try and create a new portrait of Aragorn. Think of the first one as your thumbnail sketch and learn from it. I hope this helps.

Peace,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I've had a 3d rendering in my head for a couple of years I guess now. I think I'm finally learning a 3d modeller well enough to at least get the concept out. It's not great, and probably won't be. Right now, I'l having trouble rendering one object the way I want. I get all but one option, in which case it renders fine but as the entiire background, then if I select that last option, it doesn't render at all. sad.gif I already have a title for it though "God's Workbench"
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Hey Aaediwen,

What's the medium your using for your 3D rendering? It seems as artists we get so focused on our vision of how the piece should come out that we get fustrated. I've had the same problems, but years later the piece is asthetically pleasing to my eye. Sometimes, I have to step back and take a break from a piece I'm working on. I find if I mediate on it for about a month then go back, then I become intouch with where the piece is flowing or needs to flow. This might sound strange, but I try and let the piece speak to me.

Peace,
Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

If you're asking what modeller I'm using, I'm using Blender. I've finally figured out how to model a halfway decent table in it, so that has allowed me to get further with it. the current version of it is at www.aaediwen.com/render2.jpg
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]