Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
I just had a thought...It has been raining here today and I wondered what it is that all you like to do during a rain storm? sleep.gif
What about during a snow storm? rolleyes.gif Do you have a favourite type of storm?
During a rain storm I enjoy sitting on my porch and watching the rain..if the storm is at night I love to watch the lightening streak across the sky...what a beautiful sight thumbup.gif During a rain storm I like to 'thumb-through' books in my library..I like to find certain special passages to share with others, and I just love to find 'special' things in my books that I have highlighted biggrin.gif Of course, like today, during a rain storm I enjoy 'signing on'and 'chatting' a bit..
During a snow storm, if it occurs during the day light, again, I just love sitting on my porch watching the snow fall and just ever so content to sit there and daydream sleepy.gif If the snow storm occurs at night, I love to take a walk in it, come back to the house for a big cup of cocoa or hot tea, sit in front of the fireplace and write in my journal.. naughty.gif I also enjoy cooking during a snow storm.. and baking lots and lots of cobblers rolleyes.gif
Would be difficult for me to pick a favourite type of storm, but being that I have had so much of the hot weather cool.gif today, I am going to say 'snow storm' is pretty high on the list as a fav~
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

My favorite would be a rain storm. I love falling asleep to the sound of rain. It's very soothing. Just the smell of rain makes me happy. Although the lightning is very beautiful.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Tough call, but a rainstorm would have to be my fav. I like listening to the sound of the rain asit sings me to sleep smile.gif Lightening is neat too. I also enjoy watching a snowfall though too. It's so wonderous.

Listen to the rain on the Windowpane
Whispering its secrets in the dark of the night

-- From "Rain", by yours truely

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

My favorite would have to be Rainstorm, just because I'm not that big of a fan of snow.... I usually read during a storm, or watch it (if we had a porch that didn't leak onto you). But if it is during the night I ignore it and go back to sleep.

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Neither. I'm scared of thunder & lightning, and I know that snowstorms, while pretty to look at, mean Yours Truly will have to shovel & salt two sidewalks, two sets of outside stairs, and a long , two car wide driveway.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,503 Gold!

I hate to say this because I wish no one injury or property damage, but I like violent weather. Powerful thunderstorms, even hurricanes. Blinding lightning, deafening thunder and howling winds make me feel truly alive. Can't explain it, but something in me is drawn to the primal forces unleashed in such storms.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 26-Aug-2004, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 26-Aug-2004, 09:16 PM)
I hate to say this because I wish no one injury or property damage, but I like violent weather. Powerful thunderstorms, even hurricanes. Blinding lightning, deafening thunder and howling winds make me feel truly alive. Can't explain it, but something in me is drawn to the primal forces unleashed in such storms.

Strangely enough I agree with you. It's really exciting during harsh storms... a real thrill. You are not the only weird one unsure.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

female

I like them both, but, if I had to choose, I'd have to say rain storms. If there's thunder and lightning with it, then I like to sit on the front porch swing and watch. However, if there isn't, then it's not unusual to find me right out there in it. biggrin.gif

However, I can't say I like hurricanes. I think its one of those time when familiarity really does breed contempt.

On a brigher not, during snow storms, which I really like on the weekends when it has time to melt before the Monday, I like to read a good book while curled up with a cup of hot chocolate. (Plus participate in an occassional snowball fight!) tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

You folks would get along w/ my co-worker. He's an amatur storm chaser. Get tornadic weather and he's off if he can be, right to the heart of it. Think twice about hurricanes though wink.gif
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,503 Gold!

When Fran came through in '96, my younger son (16 at the time) and I stayed on my parent's front porch (leeward side of house) and watched all night. Winds at our location were 90 mph sustained. It was exhilarating!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Tough call.

When I was young I used to like to sit on the front porch swing and read while covered up with a blanket. But now I have neither front porch nor swing, (though I hope to correct that situation soon! smile.gif) so I sit inside by a window with a good book and a cup of hot tea and read. I love the smell of rain too. And listening to it when I am going to sleep.

I like to be out in a good snow storm though! Walking, just standing in it and watching it fall, trying to see if I can hear the snow flakes hit the ground, just listening to the sounds of winter (I love how sounds seem to echo forever during a snow or just after), I even like to drive in it, looking at the trees and mountians!

I guess since winter is my favorite season, I'd have to pick snow storms, though rain storms are summer's one redeeming quality! wink.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
susieq76 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Oh, I love snow. It's so peaceful and quiet, covering everything with a blanket of pure, white color. It makes me feel renewed and clean, and to me there is nothing I like more than quiet - the deep quiet of falling snow, for instance. There is something magical about it, and I am transported back to childhood, where I used to hide under a huge pine tree in our backyard that was bent down with the weight of snow, making it into a private refuge for me (with 4 younger brothers, I needed a refuge rolleyes.gif ) I am always heartbroken when snow begins to melt, and when it mixes with dirt and turns yellow. I hate ice, and sleet and frozen rain, but snow....ahhhhhhhh! Especially when there is hot chocolate involved! yes.gif

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
annieo 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAsh

female

I love all of mother nature's tricks, except Tornados....I especially love snow, sitting in the tub during snow storm with candels lit, good Celtic Music from Clann An Drumma playing and sipping a wee malt. Snow falls here in our wooded log house so silently while the pines whisper their greetings to each snow flake. The cats love the snow as well, making periscope tracks in deep snow with only the tips of their tails weaving a new path. I remember a a child waking up one morning to an ice storm just passed with sun silvering every branch and riding my pony down the road to hear the bell like sound of branch against branch. Mother Nature in all her forms remind us how unimportant we are on this planet...Annie O

--------------------
[I][FONT=Impact] [/QUOTE] Scotland the Brave[CODE][CENTER][LIST]
[/LIST]
[FONT=Optima][I] Annie O
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

While reading these replies, A stream began. I'll post the result in my Waters of Life thread in Celtic Hearts.

it's at: http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...t=30#entry80451

This post has been edited by Aaediwen on 27-Aug-2004, 12:41 PM
susieq76 
Posted: 27-Aug-2004, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

AnnieO, I love your avatar - what a beautiful horse!
PMMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]