Patch 
Posted: 23-Sep-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is considering entering the Republican primary for president. In recent months Christie has been urged to run by leading GOP donors and fundraisers, and he met with several leading Republican billionaires recently, promising a decision on his plan within days.

This may be the person we have been waiting for!

Slàinte,  

Patch  
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 24-Sep-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

I don't know which is worse Paulbots or Christie Cremes. Christie may be what goes for a Republican in NJ, but in most of the rest of the Country he would be a Democrat (we already have one RINO in the race now with Huntsman, why would we want another one?). sad.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 24-Sep-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Any candidate we get is likely to be flawed. I prefer a Constitutional Conservative myself, which would be Ron Paul for the most part and he is flawed. If America is to survive, a fiscal conservative is the least we can accept or we must sweep both legislative branches as happened during Clintons administration. Then anyone can be forced into fiscal conservatism. The old guard from both parties has to be replaced. Christie would have a lot of corporate backing as they like his actions.

We obviously are in at least a double dip recession and I suspect if all the unemployed were counted we are actually in a depression. The unemployment number for the latter is 25% and that happened only briefly in the 30's. We meet the rest of the criteria.

We are still having bank failures, though they get little attention now. There are no "circuit breakers" in place to insulate Europe, Asia the Middle East and this hemisphere from each other's financial woes so as goes any one country, so goes the world. THAT should make everyone sleep well tonight.

I still believe that the eventual candidate has not signed on yet. The reason for all the interest is that obama is fast becoming a candidate who can not win. I keep hearing poll numbers but popular vote does not elect a president. The Electoral College does and as the economy and the job outlook stand now a number of the R candidates can beat obama.

We have quite a Schedule for 2012 and there will be thousands working on this one. That is where the work during 2010 and since has brought us to today. There is also a lot of money out there for the right candidates. We will be flying less and driving more. After the Tea Party convention where the tarmac was parked full of corporate jets, obama went after those. Several members have 6 passenger "Buddy Holly" private planes and the organization will be renting them. I may get to be the pilot again. Unofficially of course.

We certainly are living in interesting times.

Slàinte,  

Patch  
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]