Posted: 19-Oct-2002, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

I know there are alot of movies about horses, what is everyone's favorite horse movie?

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Scotwannabe 
Posted: 20-Oct-2002, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

"Phar Lap" is definately my favorite horse movie.

Karen
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 20-Oct-2002, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

My Favorite horse movie is The saddle club. It's about a group of kids , and some of them have horses. They make up a club named saddle club. Some parts of the movie is sad though. You guys who haven't seen this movie should buy it! Its a awesome Movie!  My little brother doesn't even ride horses , and I think hes watched it more times than me! lol  ::lol   Gotta gallop I look forward to hearing about every one elses favorite horse movie.!

--------------------
Vicky MacArthur
I Am a Scottish Dancer and I am proud of my heritage

Horses and dogs are not my whole life....But they make my life whole!
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 20-Oct-2002, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

It's kinda hard to make up my mind about a favorite, but when my kids were home, I bought a video called "The Rogue Stallion", it was put out by Featured Films for Families...I liked it very much and my youngest daughter Susan liked it, we watched that movie over and over, in fact she claimed the video as her own. Another I liked was "The Man From Snowy River."  I remember A show that came on Saturday's called. "My Friend Flicka."  Anybody remember, "Mr. Ed?"  

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Has anyone seen the "real" film version of Black Beauty (the original written by anna sewell)? I have cried soo much! I have the book at home too, a lively but sad story about the life of horses in the 19th century. The moment when Black Beauty is seeing his friend dead on a cart I couldn't hold tears, and when he died I cried like a baby...

I only know the Saddle club books.. is there a movie?

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:) As a kid I watched all the horse shows, "Mr Ed",  "Fury", "My Friend Flicka", "Rin Tin Tin", and "Sky King", all half hour shows. I read every horse book there is. They have all got so jumbled, I'm not sure which books, I saw the movie of. Documentrarys about horses catch my eye. I seem to remember a show about the rescue of the Lippasins during the war. Growing up in cattle country of the the southwest, "Smoky" is the story that stands out the most, I think there was a movie of it. Not long after "Horse Wisperer" came out I learned that  my Apachie Great Grandfather was a horse wisperer, and earned his living by catching and training wild horses.  "All the Pretty Horses" was filmed in the town I grew up in, and was being filmed, while I was visiting family there.  A favorit how could I choose one when I've seen everthing from "HI-YO-SILVER", 1940, to "Spirit", 2001.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

Have you ever seen the Lippizzans dancing? I've been to vienna and to see these beautyful horses dance to the baroque music was an event that almost brought me to tears. I once rode a Lippizzan, the Black Stallion of a Friend of my mom and it was like riding a dream. I was riding english style then and it was so wonderful, there is somewhere a photo existing, me on Maestoso Pluto ....... Here is he:
. I'm trying to find and scan that photo.
he's still on that stable, they have many beautiful Stallions, an Altér Real, we all called him Pedro:

(Friesen, don't know their english name, they're looking like this one, they also weren't at the stable when I had my photograph phase:
).
A clydesdale (that's Drago btw:

And one Shagya Arabian (that's an hungarian race), Oman:

A Trakehner, named Römer:

And a Hannoverian we all called Fritz:

I hope these weren't too much photos but I got homesick to my old stable, some of the photos are officials, like Drago's and Pedro's pic. Pedro, Drago, Römer and Oman are active stallions and their sons and daughters are strayed all over the world.
PMEmail Poster               
Highland Lassie 
Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Dancing Horse
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Massachusetts

female

I've seen the movie black beuty by anna swell. I also read the book.  It is very sad. I think so anyways. I hope to own a horse soon or maybe in a few years. Hope so! That would be cool. Cabbagehome do you do boarding at your place? Are those horses yours or at ur barn do you have any horseS? Ic ant wait to  get a horse. Im going to see mombo tommorow and i cant wait! Gotta gallop bye!   ::lol
PMEmail Poster               
noise 
Posted: 22-Oct-2002, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Denver, Colorado USA

The "made for TV" movie Gullivers travels, while not a horse movie, does have a portion which I really enjoyed when Gulliver lives with the horses. The horses can talk to him, and give him some pretty interesting insights. One of my favorites.

When I was a kid my fav TV show was Fury. Anybody else remember that one?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2002, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Quote (Aon_Daonna @ Oct. 22 2002,8:27)

I hope these weren't too much photos but I got homesick to my old stable, some of the photos are officials, like Drago's and Pedro's pic. Pedro, Drago, Römer and Oman are active stallions and their sons and daughters are strayed all over the world.

Thanks for sharing those photo's Aon! My daughter is the big horse lover in the family, but I have to say those are some beautiful horses! Is that you riding? By the way, your description of that horse dance was splendid. I have never seen anything like that, but it must be a sight to see. I guess I am beginning to become a horselover myself.

Well, it was not always that way. The very first time my daughter left me alone in a barn basement with 40 horses. She went upstairs and did not come back and the horses started grunting and hoofing, so I quickly ran out of there. That was the longest run to the exit, I thought they were going to attack me or something.....

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
TinkersCranberryChild 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2002, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacHolly

Realm: anywhere and everywhere horses are

female

which one do you want?
One of them is the Black Stallion (such a good movie!!;)
I really wanna see saddle club!!!!!!
I have a few more but can't remember the names!
Abby

--------------------
I love Tinker.  He's mine, allll mine!  At least, I wish.  You are the one who rocks my world! I LOVE YOU TINKER!!
and a Special note to Cran.  I love you hun, and you are are awesome!  Babe, I miss you, but I will love you forever!!!

It's better to have love and lost then to never have loved at all.

"Life is pain Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something!"-Westley, the princess Bride
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 24-Oct-2002, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

noise my brother and I liked "Fury" so much, we had all the coloring books. When I got to crafts in jr high, I copied pictures from "Fury" coloring books, to do in wood carvings.
 aon yes watching the Lippizzans dancing is an awsome experience. Those are some great pictures. The Friesen is called that in the states.  Snappy looking aren't they, like someone gave them a perm. There is a breed here in the states called a Curlly. I bet there is a lot of Friesen in the blood line. We also have 2 body types of arabs. The one you showed in picture, we call Polish type.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
  Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

Wow Aon_Donna! Those were some very nice pics you shared! And all the different 'unique' breeds too :) So happy to see that other people are aware of them.
We have a Lippizzan video from Spain. I forget what the name is, but it's an all male military training facility that is world reknown.. and they still will not allow women in their training program. It's very old.. thousand years I think?
My mom and her friend went to Spain and watched a show. They said they had tears in their eyes the whole time! I can believe it!

--------------------
Dance Life to the Fullest.
PMEmail Poster               
Falachaidh 
Posted: 06-Nov-2002, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Central Florida

It's not really a horse movie, but has horses in it. My favorite horsey scene is from the 13th Warrior. Where Antonio Banderes' character proves that a little Arabian can keep up or even out-do the Viking horses!

I loved it because when I was 15 I had an Arabian (Mountain Dew.. called her Doodles), and my mom made fun of her because she was so short and stocky. (Understand that mom is 6 foot tall.. she has to have tall horses to look compatable). Me, I'm 5'6. I sit on mom's horses and look like a little kid!!
:rolleyes
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 07-Nov-2002, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Oh how could we forget, the movie "Out of the West" (I think that is the name of it) about 2 kids who find a horse and ride to the east of Irland.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt